Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 31)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day. Yesterday, I went to the capital city to  have lunch with a former student who I had not seen for 20 years. She and her DH had just moved back after spending a few years in Puerto Rico.  It definitely was good seeing her again.

Today, I will be doing all the things required for a trip as I leave tomorrow for Branson. I haven't done a long road trip by car for a couple of years so I hope this trip will go well. I know that work around the house awaits me big time when I get back, so I plan to enjoy this break.

I confess to buying today's TSV. I guess it will be awaiting me to use when I get back from the trip. I use WEN but there is no way I am buying a gallon. It may be a savings in the long run but I like to use 613 and the 32oz size is big enough for me. I get tired of hiding oversized things and transferring from the huge container to one that is more manageable.

Welcome to all our new posters! Please chime in and post whenever you can. Thoughts and prayers with those facing daily challenges of some type

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (MONDAY, MAY 31)

Good morning Ladies, thanks for starting Jean, I hope you have a wonderful trip and enjoy yourself...how many people will be joining you? I too bought the s/v in red, I had received an advanced notice the other day but thought I would wait to see it presented..if it does the tile in the bathroom I will be a happy camper. NOt much going on here...it is cloudy but warm and the sun is supposed to come out later..I am off to the supermarket.....Have a great day everyone...Marijane

. I see the iPad issue still has not been fixed...

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I almost bought the TSV in red as that is my favorite color but decided to go with the blue. There is one other person going with me; she works at the local Post Office. We have traveled together on other trips and we are compatible when it comes to making choices. One of the things we are going to indulge in is Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede dinner and entertainment. We read that people eat the food with their fingers, so we are taking plastic ware with us.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  You had me confused with the "Monday" heading, but then I noticed the date.  It does feel like Monday, but....

Hope you have a wonderful trip to Branson.  I'm a Dolly Parton fan, but I don't know about the Parton's Dixie Stampede dinner.  Don't blame you for taking the utensils.  One of the ironies of DH's eating habits these days is that when he tries to feed himself,  he uses his fingers rather than utensils -- this is in total contrast to the time before his illness.  He also uses his left hand a lot, and he is right-handed.  

I have not looked much at the TSV, but I guess it must be interesting for two of you to have ordered it.  Maybe I'll took at it later, but no time right now.  Goodness knows, I spend enough time cleaning.  

DH slept pretty well last night, and I am hoping he does well at the "club" today.  I have my volunteer job and gym planned for later.  We are expecting extremely hot temperatures starting on Thursday (100 plus).  I can take a few days of those very hot temperatures, but after a while it does get to me.  Still better than being cold, but.....

I concentrated on cleaning out papers, pictures, etc. in the bedroom yesterday, and I'm very pleased with the results.  This is certainly a very long process, but I'm hoping that I have learned not to overbuy "stuff".  I did go to the storage room yesterday, and picked up the few remaining clothes, a large suitcase that was used once, if at all, etc.  I think my car will end up being as stuffed as yours was when I go to the thrift shop, Jean.  I still have lots to do at the house, but I am trying to de-populate the storage room as well.  Wish me luck.

Waves to Marijane, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Essie, Charlene, Susan,  Gayle, pinky ann, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, Barbara, butterfly, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 31)

[ Edited ]

Good morning friends!  It is slow going here this morning for the pup and I.

DD called me - she bought a "burner phone" in Guam and had overnight liberty so she and her friend split the price on a room.  She sounds happy.  I need to go to the post office and the grocery today - otherwise I've no plans.

Linda we must have been posting at the same time. I hope I am also done with overbuying. I was going through my bags, cleaning them and decided to let go of my green discolored Fossil bag.  I've had it a long time but it was like saying goodbye to an old friend.  DH did not understand why I would let it go but I have several that I LOVE and will use for a long time.

Bernie - the Cize - it is a dance exercise, really good cardio. So it will tone just like dancing will tone - but I would go for a strength training program if you want to tone things.

Trusted Contributor

your DD sounds happy Kathleen...I know it's a relief that our kids are.   what's a " burner phone"?  Where's the next stop for her?

The Dolly Parton resturant sounds interesting Jean.....wonder what kind of food they serve.

Hope your DH has a nice day at his club Linda and you have a good day also at your "job"

Respected Contributor

Marijane, I've just heard them called that - a cheap phone that will work for her while she is overseas - I think she loads it with funds as they go. I don't know what her next stop is, but they will get to work when they get there. Thanks for asking!

Respected Contributor

Meant to add that my Grandma LOVED Branson and went several times while she was still able.  I hope you have a lovely time Jean. Dolly Parton is very inspiring to me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda---Sorry about the confusion on the date. Holidays do that to me and today feels like a Monday. I went back and edited the title. I had an acquaintance tell me that she didn't believe I had the car stuffed as they only donate clothes when out grown. A relative of hers told me that she keeps every little item as she believes it will increase in value as it gets older, even those trinkets from souvenier shops, etc. I am glad that DH did better with the sleep and that you are able to get out and about today.

Kathleen--It may not be a long stopover but at least DD has an opportunity to sample Guam. The old phrase,"Join the Navy and see the world" is certainly coming true for her. I had two brothers in the Navy and all they saw was mainland US...one in Norfolk and one in San Diego for most of their enlistment.

Marijane--This is the standard menu at the Dixie Stampede. There is also a vegetarian option which I am tempted to get:

• Whole Rotisserie Chicken
  • Hickory Smoked Barbecued Pork Loin
  • Scrumptious Homemade Biscuit
  • Dixie's Original Creamy Vegetable Soup
  • Hot Buttered Corn on the Cob
  • Tasty Herb-basted Potato
  • Dixie's Very Own Specialty Dessert
  • Soda
  • Iced Tea
  • Coffee

Marijane--I ready my share of mysteries, etc. and burner phones are frequently featured in them. Some people think a prepaid phone is the same as a burner phone, but they arenn't. Burner phones are used when people do not want a number traced. They buy the phone, use it once or twice for the intended purpose, and then dispose of it so the number cannot be traced to them in future use. The number is "burned" and not traceable as the individual will use another burner phone or phones as needed, disposing of them after their single use. In these books, people on the run  for legitimate or illegitimate purposes will buy several burner phones to make sure they always have one available to make a non-traceable call.

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone - I hope that you all had a nice Memorial Day.  Jean - I hope that you have a great vacation in Branson.  I think that the Dolly Parton stampede sounds fun! I am considering purchasing one of the TSVs too.  LindaL - how interesting that both of our fathers served in the Army Air Corps.  It's rather sad and frustrating how almost every generation has to experience war.  If a family timed it just right (or wrong), you could have ended up with the first generation in WWI, the second generation in WWII, the third generation in Viet Nam, and the current generation in the Middle East.  Thank you for understanding about my DS.  I love him very very much, but yes, he frustrates and disappoints me at times.  Arlene - glad to know that your handyman finally got some things repaired and the price is good.  Sorry that he's a bit flaky about showing up.  My rule of thumb about the smoking would be: not in my house or car, but okay if we were in his house or car.  As for smoking while pumping gasoline?  HECK NO!!!  I don't care to be part of a fireworks show.  Bernie - have you seen any sign of Rocky?  Thanks for asking about Dottie.  I think she's back to normal, and as good as she can be for being 14 years old.  My face also turns quite red outside, though mine is mostly because of Rosacea, not from being a redhead, lol.

Well, I had a nice day with my extended family at the BBQ yesterday.  I even got to see the land that my niece and her fiance have purchased, on which to build a house.  I even went online and ordered shower and wedding gifts for my niece from her registries.  Glad that I have all that done.

Today should be a quiet day around the house.  I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in regards to completely cleaning out my bedroom.  I have a big pile of discard clothes that I will go through to decide what gets donated and what gets trashed (I already threw away a few items that were obviously not worth saving.).  I'm really looking forward to having a neat, organized room!  LindaL - I'm glad I'm not the only one for whom this job would take quite a few days.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!  ~  Charlene