Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 28)

Good Morning/Afternoon, Ladies!  It is sunny and nice here today, but it was chilly enough on my walk to require my sweatshirt jacket.  This cooler than normal weather is supposed to come to an end later in the week.  While I like hot weather, I certainly don't mind having some AC/heat free days.  

I am not feeling my best -- a problem I have had many times before with pain front and back.  Since I have been to several doctors, the hospital, and had tests that indicate nothing, I am just trying to do my best to get through the pain.  It usually lasts for a few days, and hopefully this will end soon.  It is not excruciating pain, but certainly is not pleasant.

I went through my socks, stockings, bras, and shapers yesterday.  It took longer than I expected since I tried everything on unless it was an obvious no or yes.  Anyway, I trashed quite a few things, and found several unused socks, etc. that had never been worn.  Those were added to my donation bag.  I have decided my next clean out area will be the laundry storage room (more like a large closet.)  That will probably take several days, but my plan is to start tomorrow.

No TSV for me since I purchased a previous version.  While it is nice to have these sunglasses just in case, I really prefer the non-collapsible version.  

I will be going to the senior lunch program soon and plan to go to the gym later.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone is staying safe and has a nice day.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 28)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm sorry that you are dealing with pain of unknown origin. Unfortunately, sometimes if you are not experiencing the pain when the tests are run, the reason cannot be determined, which is very frustrating.  We are going to have temps in the low 90s so we can trade weather but at least we have no rain today. We did have a tornado alert last night.

A friend and I have made plans to go to Gatlinburg, Tennessee in early October. I just read in the reservation confirmation that the fireplaces in the rooms would be operational on October 1. I really hope it doesn't get too chilly as I'm not used to mountain weather.

I'm waiting for the Surgical Center to call and tell me the time of the procedure tomorrow. In the meantime, I put out weed killer which I doubt will work but I want that area cleared before I put down the lawn fabric and new decorations.

Sunglasses? I don't need them but I did like that folding style which would not take up much room in a small handbag. Guilty of ordering!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies, I hope your pain goes away Linda I remember your telling us  about  the tests you had in the past with no answers.  

Jean I hope your procedure goes well tomorrow.

We had a quiet weekend here and the weather was beautiful,for me anyway,hot and sunny.  Today is crummy out only about 61 and rainy.  Not much going on here just doing some laundry.   I ,m having some chicken Parma leftovers I had mde the other night so easy supper for me.

Have a nice day every one.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--The weather is so tricky right now. The chicken parm may be leftovers but it sounds great to me. Just thinking of it makes me hungry as I love chicken parm. Does that mean I'll be doing Italian for dinner? If so, it won't be chicken parm as I have no chicken on hand.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I hope that you can find out why you are having unexplained pain.  After our shopping spree today, we will be doing some decluttering too.

Jean, have fun on your fall trip.  Fall is my favorite time of the year to travel.  Good luck tomorrow with your appointment.

Marijane,  we  been so lucky on this vacation.  11 days without any rain.   We did have several days of 90's which I never like, but we had several wonderful pools, A/C & some nice shady beaches.   I would love to float in your pool.

I  have been on a fun shopping spree in Shipshewana.

I will tell  you all about my fun.

Hugs to  all  you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all, the surgery is done on my silver maple.  This is going to sound crazy however I'm almost heart sick with the end result.  I think there is a definite disconnect between me and an arborist when it comes to the definition of beauty as it relates to a tree.

I have a hedgetrimmer tool and rarely use it.  I prefer to trim my leafy and evergreen shrubs by hand.  I don't shape my shrubs like alot of people too with sharp edges, flat tops or perfectly round.  I have neighbors who groom their shrubs like that and I say hey, if that's what floats your boat - go ahead Woman Very Happy

I like the soft organic look, like they grew that way, if that makes any sense.  

Yesterday, my tree was so full of life.  When I looked out of the downstairs bay window, I saw leaves gently swaying in the breeze.  When I looked out of the upstairs windows, I saw swaying leaves and frolicking squirrels.

Right now, I see bark.  Bark when I look out the downstairs window.  Bark when I look out of the upstairs window.  No life, just bark.  I've been fighting the urge to call a different tree guy to have him come out and just finish the tree - stump removal and all.  

The arborist's crew kept telling me how beautiful the tree was now that it was pruned.  I don't know - I don't see it, I just want to cry.

Before

IMG_2605 (300x225).jpg

After 

IMG_2624 (400x363).jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

We got cooler weather & thunderstorms yesterday when we got to Shipshewana.   It's so great to wakeup the 60's.   It was very busy here yesterday so we went to the flea market at 8:00 this morning.    It was cloudy, but no rain so far.

In the first 5 minutes I bought 4 small glass nail files at $4 each and a large one for $6.  Now I can have them in  my master bathroom,  two purses and one in the Subaru.  Then we bought 5 jars of SF jams at different Amish shops& 4 little SF pies.  Cherry, rhubarb & peach.   Our only choice for SF pies back home are from Wal-Mart and apple only. Yuck.

Then we went to another Amish shop and I bought 4 dish cloths, rubber hand mitt for use in the oven at $1.49 & I have only seen them for about $6.  My fingers cannot tolerate heat so It will be perfect for use in the oven.

My DH bought a belt to replace the one that he lost on this vacation.  Then we went to another Amish shop and I bought popcorn for the electric popper that we have at home.

Then we went to an Amish store that sold fabric and I bought enough to make 2 skirts for $15.  Last night we had a good supper at an Amish restaurant and all of the ladies & little girls looked so nice and no wrinkles in their dresses.  I am hoping for the same results.

We went to the Amish grocery store and I was disappointed to hear that they didn't get any of the SF chocolate chips yesterday or today.  My DH bought 2 bags of chips for $1.00 & a box of cereal for 33¢.  We shall see how they taste.

We are at the motel & he's sleeping like a 🚼🚼🚼.

It's a good thing that we are heading back home tomorrow!

Yesterday I bought a summer weight coral sweater for $10 down from $35.  I am hoping to wear it to a wedding over a sleeveless dress in a few weeks.

I think that I am shopped out for a long time.I

My bf has been very sick while we have been gone so I am looking forward to seeing her real soon.  She had an allergic reaction to a  new rx and had to call for an ambulance a few days ago.  Her DH has PD & is unable to take care of himself, so it's an extra burden right now.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all, the surgery is done on my silver maple.  This is going to sound crazy however I'm almost heart sick with the end result.  I think there is a definite disconnect between me and an arborist when it comes to the definition of beauty as it relates to a tree.

I have a hedgetrimmer tool and rarely use it.  I prefer to trim my leafy and evergreen shrubs by hand.  I don't shape my shrubs like alot of people too with sharp edges, flat tops or perfectly round.  I have neighbors who groom their shrubs like that and I say hey, if that's what floats your boat - go ahead Woman Very Happy

I like to soft organic look, like they grew that way, if that makes any sense.  

Yesterday, my tree was so full of life.  When I looked out of the downstairs bay window, I saw leaves gently swaying in the breeze.  When I looked out of the upstairs windows, I saw swaying leaves and frolicking squirrels.

Right now, I see bark.  Bark when I look out the downstairs window.  Bark when I look out of the upstairs window.  No life, just bark.  I've been fighting the urge to call a different tree guy to have him come out and just finish the tree - stump removal and all.  

The arborist's crew kept telling me how beautiful the tree was now that it was pruned.  I don't know - I don't see it, I just want to cry.

Before

IMG_2605 (300x225).jpg

After 

IMG_2624 (400x363).jpg

@Bird mama wrote:

I like to soft organic look, like they grew that way, if that makes any sense.  

Before

IMG_2605 (300x225).jpg

After 

IMG_2624 (400x363).jpg

Bird Mama, I don't even know what to say.  I am like you.  I like to see the swaying branches of our two red maple trees.  We had them pruned a few years ago but nothing like your tree is.  Hopefully it grows back again.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   It wasn't so hot this morning but boy or boy was it ever humid - yuk.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   Looking at the picture the way it is posted in this thread.  He took off the area in the pink circle because the wind catching it when it blows across the field and the neighbor's driveway was causing the big limb to torque and stree the main trunk.  I think he took a bunch off on the opposite side so the tree wouldn't look cockeyed.