Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY,MAY 23)

Hi Everyone!

The hot temps have arrived without any rain. I had to put the a/c on early this a.m. I'm hoping that maybe I can start with one of the outdoor projects this afternoon. I am going to try to attempt this in portions. Not one of my favorite approaches but I'll give it another try.

I missed seeing D&Co today. I guess it's Beauty Day. I enjoyed seening Jayne Brown. I did watch some repeat Home & Garden shows last night and some sales. I found the plant stakes on clearance so I put those in my cart. They work well for the stalk type flowers as well as the tomatoes until they get too tall. 

I finally found a replacement dehumidifyer on line yesterday at the local appliance store. We had to pre-order it for warehouse/store delivery this Friday. Crossing my fingers that it is on the truck. I tried just using the open window and a fan but all that did was increase my allergy reactions. At least this one was on sale.There must still be a supply issue with these. (that's accorinding to the store salesman) Probably because they are so much less in price compared to a Washer or Stove.

I used that faux bamboo ivy trellis as fencing on the back side garden. It looks so much prettier than the canvas webbing that I found last year. I wish I would have purchased a few additional ones for the side front gardens. So much easier to get in and out of the gardens then to manuver around the vinyl fencing. I'm always learning with my "camo" thumb. I guess we'll see how well they hold up to the weather unprotected. All the other ones I have are under the porch or back trim. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY,MAY 23)

@Fressa   My sister has been working on leveling out low spots in her yard, laying some sod pieces and trying to plant grass.  She went on a bender and was hauling bags of topsoil and related supplies one weekend.  I finally said, girl, please it isn't even Memorial Day in Michigan.  Our weather is squirrely and most people with sense don't invest too much time in planting before Memorial Day.  I said, enjoy the journey and do it a little at a time otherwise you're gonna overdo it and end up bedridden Woman Very Happy

I know it's hard when you have a vision and you just want to get it out of the way but Fressa, pace yourself.

The faux bamboo trellis as fencing is a good idea and I bet it looks really nice.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I still a "work in progress" with pacing myself. LOL  Your sister's lawn sounds like it's coming along.  The weather has been so off schedule  everywhere. Crossing my fingers that it holds for another week. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope your new dehumidifier works out, Fressa.  Good luck with pacing yourself.  Also hope things go well for your sister, Bernie.  I have read some more about the fence fiasco on the other thread.  Yikes

Another hot day here, and a very busy one for me.  I agreed to go to one of my patient's assisted living facility this morning because she was being moved to another place.  Supposedly, there would be three of us -- hospice social worker, family friend, and me.  The friend never showed up, and the social worker came about one and a quarter hours after I arrived.  "My" patient was sitting up in a wheelchair waiting to be transported -- not comfortable.

The transport company showed up at a reasonable time, which was good.  But, they discovered some sort of blister? on her thigh, and it had to be treated.  The social worker was taking many of the patients things in her SUV, and I was taking some in my car.  The transport guy followed me to the new place.  Things didn't go smoothly at all -- very long story but her bed was delayed, her new room is much smaller than her old one, and she has a roommate.

I was supposed to visit another patient at 1:00, but her son canceled since she was not doing well at all.  That actually worked out since I didn't make it home until after 1:00 p.m. 

The volunteer coordinator didn't respond to my texts, so I found out that she was out sick today.  Hopefully, I will see her tomorrow, and arrangements will be made for her things.  

This afternoon I went to a couple more stores looking for socks and pantyhose for my trip (went to three places yesterday).  Only found one pair of socks.  I ordered some thigh high stockings from Amazon, and fortunately they fit.  Lesson learned about what the local stores have in stock.

Jean was supposed to see the cardiologist tomorrow, but her appointment has been postponed.

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, Glenda, Susan, and all of our posters and readers.  

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---What an ordeal for everyone with your patient transfer. Her family is so lucky that you were there to help. I always wondered how they would handle these "snags" if the patient didn't have any family (available or not willing) to assist. I saw that with my Mom. We were always there but we hardly saw any visitors for the the other residents in her section. 

We have had two of the larger stores in our area close their doors. I had to order the knee high pantyhose (for the washer drain pipe) from Amazon on line. They had a few pair at the supermarket but the price was crazy. Who knew?

Thanks for the update on Jean.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope your DH's visit with his mother went okay, Glenda.  Also hope he doesn't have macular degeneration.  So many people I know have that problem, and it can be very difficult.

Glad your DGS likes his job, and you were able to help your DGD with the information she needed.

That is interesting about the knee high pantyhose, Fressa.  I talked to my DD (who still wears pantyhose often), and she gets hers on-line from a specialty store or Amazon most of the time.  

Much quieter day here.  I walked Gigi in the morning, and all went well.  The supply deliveries went okay.  According to the social worker, "my" patients things are still sitting out in the hall of the new facility.  So, I decided just to keep them here until things are settled.

This afternoon I went to the gym and I was able to use all of "my" machines.  

Waves to Fressa, Glenda, Bernie, Susan, and all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I posted last night, but I cannot find it.

My dh got a call from his bro last night at 8:00 telling him that he needed to go to the ER in our town to see what was going on with his Mom. He got back home at 1.00 this morning so we are all tired. She fell outside of her apt and wasn't found for a while.

She was kept overnight and after a Dr. visit with my dh's brothers this morning it was decided that she could go back to her apt. She is getting Alzheimer's so she is being difficult to handle.

We got groceries this morning and went to the gym.

My dh went for his yearly eye exam on Tuesday and the Dr said he has a cataract on his right eye and thinks he might have macular degeneration in that eye too. He has an appt with a ophthalmologist at our clinic in two weeks so I hope we get a few answers.

We are going to at least 6 cemeteries tomorrow and Saturday. Plus we are planning to go to a funeral for the first soldier to get killed in the Civil War from our county. I have distant cousins that are related to him & they are planning a big "celebration of his life".

It's been in the 60's-70's all week and I am loving it. We are going to have a lot of hot weather most of next week.

Hugs to all of you.
Glenda
Trusted Contributor

Glenda- Sorry to hear about your MIL, there is a site on facebook called Inspo.  This site helps you find ways to deal with people with dementia and Alzheimers.  Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

Your other post had gone on the Sunday thread, Glenda.  

Very sorry to hear about your MIL. My DH had that horrible disease.  Fortunately, he was never violent or mean.  

I have not seen the website recommended by Susan.  But, I think it is a good idea to read and learn about the disease as much as you can. You and your DH might find some coping tips.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   Forgive me if you mentioned this.... is your MIL in assisted living or some type of senior complex?  I ask because we've had nights here in the 30's and 40's (It was 39 when I woke this morning) and your MIL could suffer hypothermia if she gets disoriented outside of her apartment and falls down again.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise