Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 12)

Good Morning/Afternoon.  Our weather is pleasant -- sunny and a high of 90 degrees later.  It was lovely on my longish walk this morning.  Another "groundhog" day for me with no interesting plans. 

I saw Fressa posted this morning on yesterday's thread.  Here is what she posted ---

The Subaru dealership has been sending updated emails about santisized conditions for repairs and shopping. Lately, they've been offering shuttle service for both repairs and purchases. He thinks he might be able to fix it but I am a little nervous about under the car repairs without "professional" equipment. (I'm the worrier in the family) If we have to have car appointments I think now is better than later. (especially with the working from home)

----------------

I slept fairly well last night, but woke up once when I dreamt that I was going for my Ph.D. (not sure what subject), and planned to graduate when I was 80 years old.  That was enough to jolt me up.  LOL  As much as I love my OLLI classes, etc., I don't feel up to going for another degree, plus I am old, but not that old.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.  Hope your husband's test went okay yesterday, Susan.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAY 12)

Hello Ladies, that's some dream you had Linda.....it's another ground hog day here for me too although I did go to the supermarket this morning.......same old story.....empty,more workers than customers, no t.p or paper towels, although I am not in need of either.  The meat cases are full of all kinds so I am not sure where this shortage  is.....maybe at the big box stores.  ( I don't have any of them near me)

It's a cool but sunny day...weather guys are saying g it's supposed to warm by the weekend....I hope so, still in my winter clothes and heat coming up.   Tonight for supper will be another delivery from our Italian  resturant .

Stay safe  everyone.....Marijane.......

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today is very cool and cloudy but no rain. YIPPEE!!!  Tomorrow is forecasted to be the same and ten back to rain. It's just a nice break not to have wipe so many dog paws and tummies. LOL

Today it's bill paying and misc. paperwork. Somehow that seems to consume more time than I allot. I may run to the bank but that's not a definite. I'm running behind today but that's par for the course when I "cram" in too much on Monday. LOL Still working on that "pacing thing".  

LindaLatee-- Thanks for fixing my post for me. I should have had that 4th cup of coffee before I sat down in front of the computer.  I appreciate it.

I did do a little grocery shopping yesterday. I needed mouthwash and those supplies seem to be fine. They had 2 small boxes of Jet Dry so I picked up 2 bottles. Still no dishwashing tablets or most cleaning supplies. The paper aisle was barron but I did find 5 jumbo packages of Bounty napkins. I picked up 1 but was surprised at the price. I never buy this large of a package so I really couldn't believe that this was the "regular" price. They had zero paper towels (and that's what we were using) so I put the napkins in the cart. The soup was sparse so I stocked up on Ramen. They had bread but the pasta was sparse. The dairy seemed stocked. I found yougurt but decided I would wait on the eggs. It just gives me an uneasy feeling when you see the market in this condition. I'm sure it will improve but the all the rumblings of price increases have me questioning why? Of course, I'm the worrier in the family.

Our Governor is dragging his feet with opening more businesses or relaxing any rules. Today he issured a warning not to defy the previous standing. Our numbers have been improved for weeks now. I find it disturbing and I'm a super cautious person. I hope the hair dressers, barbers and restaurants survive.

Our dil seems happy at her new job so that's good. Our grandson's cooking is kept him busy at the restaurant's take out hours so we are crossing our fingers it continues. It's a family owned business so the staff is small. The doves keep trying to nest in the flower basket on the door. Half the time it is sideways. LOL

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I am glad that you had a good walking day, as it was very hot last week.  Not a dream that I would like to wake up to. My DH has been dreaming about us being on vacation.  I only wish!

fressa, we took our Subaru in for its 6 month checkup 10 days ago.  All is well, but we can't hit the road.  I hope that the mechanic can fix your Subaru.  This is our 2nd one in 5 year's.  We love it and it gets great mileage.  Our Gov has extended the deadline until the Tuesday after Memorial Day.  I am glad that your dil likes her new job and It's good that your dgs still has his cooking job.  Paper products are scarce here too.

Marijane, most of the meat cases here are full too.  Few paper towels etc. & cleaning supplies.  I haven't noticed too many other empty shelves.  I am in & out asap.

Esteemed Contributor

Mother's Day was quiet and a bit sad for me.  Being just the two of us just isn't the same without family and friends around.  I missed taking my Mom out for a nice lunch.  We had a good lunch at the drive thru DQ.   DH did give me a few lovely helium balloons and 6 jumbo strawberries dipped in chocolate.

I felt bad that I found the strawberries last Friday by coincidence.  All he could say was OMG!  He bought them on Friday morning and put them in his man cave fridge in the basement.  On Thursday, I got a call from my rx company saying that my eye drops would be coming on Friday.  Of course, I opened the Styrofoam box and took them down to his man cave fridge.  I bet that I haven't opened the fridge more than a handful of times in many years.

It's been fix it week around here.  On Sunday, my towel bar fell off.  It's the one that I Gorilla glued back up over a year ago.  I glue gunned it back up.

Yesterday, while I was dusting off my late Mom's beautiful  handmade jewelry box (made by her dad a long time ago),  one of the fancy edges fell off.  I glue gunned it back on.  

Yesterday, we started to clean & declutter our laundry /furnace was in the basement.  Lots of places to vacuum & dust.  My DH is realizing that he needed to declutter.  Another hour this morning and one more hour tomorrow & we should be done.  

We got our paper check yesterday for $2,400.  It's going towards my dh's $3,200 hearing aids which should be here in about two weeks. Then in June, I have to get the tooth that I broke off a month ago fixed or extracted.  Ugh.  Going to the dentist scares me to this day.

This morning, I got a call from my infusion center saying that they are short of nurses & asking me if I could go the same day, but at 8:00 a.m. or 1:30.  Since we are an hour away, I chose the afternoon appointment. I am just very glad that I can get my battery charged that day.

After a rainy Sunday, it's been sunny, cool & beautiful.  Next week they are saying 80's ugh.  

Hugs to all of you.