Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MARCH 7)

Good evening, shopping friends. I am home from work a little early. Of course, the first thing I did was to check for the thread. I was surprised not to see it started.   Perhaps it has outworn its time on the forums. After all, it has been ten years.

I see Denim &Co. is on. This used to be my favorite line on the Q but like everything else, the prices are getting higher. The capris are on a special pricing but recent reviews are saying that the sizing is running smaller than in past offerings of the same item number.

It is raining and chilly here. I feel like something easy to fix tonight so I will likely nuke a small frozen pizza.

Have a good evening. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MARCH 7)

Jean, I was busy cleaning house on Monday & canceling papers & mail.  Called the CC yesterday so that they know that we will be in Mexico.  Our friends that are going to Mexico with us came up yesterday & we had lunch out & played cards.

DH & I have our bags packed except for incidentals that need go in my carry-on bag tomorrow.

We have been under a wind advisory & it doesn't end until tomorrow night.

I will be taking my tablet, but don't know if can access Wi-Fi easily or not.  Two years ago, It wasn't an easy job.

I went to bed early last night as we will be getting up very early tomorrow morning & hitting the road to pick our friends up.  Our flight leaves at 7:00 a.m.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Hi Jean - our thread hasn't outworn my welcome!  Sorry I've been missing the past several days.  I've been feeling unwell off and on.  I have a doctor apppointment tomorrow afternoon.  Hope she can shed some light.  I'm in agreement about the prices.  They keep going up, and seem to be going up faster than other sources, so that is helping this shopaholic purchase less.  

twinny - I really hope that you enjoy your trip to Mexico!!!

Not much going on around here.  I took my Mom to a doctor appointment yesterday and that went well.  Today I finished the next step of my comforter, which was clipping all the loose threads from when I tacked it together.  Next step is sewing a patchwork binding for the outside edge.

Hope you all have a blessed day!  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Image result for tuesday blessings to all pics

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Like you, I always put travel alerts on my cards. I hope your vacation is a wonderful one. Safe travels to you, and post if you can while gone.

meallen--Those graphics are great choices. Thanks so much.

Charlene--I do hope you feel better and that the doctor can find a solution. You are doing a great job with the comforter; that is not something I can do as I don't have the patience. There was a polo top in the Denim & Co. show that I liked but didn't like the price for something like that. I know the material isn't the same but I saw a similar polo at half the price in Sears.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I saw that the price of the Denim & Co. capris was $5 higher than when I bought them  two years ago  I also saw that the crop version was pictured at a lower price than the capris which is not the norm. When I checked out the crop version, they were gone in nearly all colors.

I have a hunch the original waist pants, crops and capris are on their way ouit. I really liked them and could care less about the elastic waist as my tops covered it. I guess I'll be adding these to the QF original crops that just had a heart on the pocket as a thing of the past.Some of the new styles are not as classic and long lasting as the favorites.

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting the thread, glad you had a good day working.  Do you work all week?

Like you, I think Denim and Co. is getting a little expensive, and the sizing is not consistent.  I am tired of paying return shipping, so I need to get myself to the stores and start shopping.  That thought just kills me.

Twinny -  Please have a safe and very fun vacation.  Can't wait to hear about it.

Charlene -  I hope you are feeling better.

Meallen -  I like your graphics.

Not much going on tonight, the dog has not been feeling well so we have been keeping an eye for on her.   I know she is older, but I am not ready for her not to be doing well.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I agree about the prices.  Definitely slowing down my purchases.  Hope you're not right about the original pants and capris, but I am starting to think the same.

Have a wonderful trip, twinny.

Nice graphics, meallen.

Hope you feel better, Charlene.

I had my volunteer job today and went to the gym.

Nice day here, and DH is okay.

Have a nice evening everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, my workday was hectic from the time I got in until 6pm.  

I received my new vanity fair bras from Macy's.  I never liked a bra that felt tight around my rib cage so I tend to order a 38B.  The cups on this bra are kinda large for a b-cup.  Seriously, one of them could function as a cap on an infant, lol.

I threw them in the wash, I'll line dry them.  I think I better order 36B next time - hopefully the cups will be smaller.

****** menopause.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise