Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAR 26)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It should be quite warm here today, and I am a happy camper.  

After looking on FB, it seems that Jean and her niece are actually flying today.  She looks quite happy, and I hope the flights go okay.  My left knee was bothering me yesterday, last night, and continues to hurt today.  So, I'm glad it is not me flying long distances today.  I'm beginning to wonder if I should check with the doctor again -- perhaps getting injections before a long trip (like Jean gets) would be a good idea for me.

Grief group was good yesterday, and after the group my friend Jo Ann and I went for iced coffee and a nice chat.  We are hoping to get together on Friday.  After I took a walk later, I saw, DH's friend called me (left no message, but I saw on the phone that he called), so I called him, and we had our usual long chat.  He is back from a 5-6 week road trip to Florida.  Sounds like he had a nice time.

I have the senior lunch program today, and I plan to go tot he gym this afternoon.  Today was trash day, and I saw the trash collectors struggling a bit with my very heavy trash can.  They no longer accept glass for recycling here, and between that and the content of lots of cans and boxes in my pantry, the can was very heavy today.  

No shopping here today -- just not interested in special garden items.  But, I did place a couple of Amazon orders yesterday -- nothing exciting.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAR 26)

Linda L, I like flights that are 2 1/2-3 hours non stop from a city an hour away from us.  It might be a good idea to get an injection in your sore knee.  I get them in my Big toe and it really helps.  I am glad that you are able to get together with your friend Jo Ann.   We can recycle everything except for garbage and it goes in the same bin.  Garbage goes in the other bin.

My DH had an appointment this morning and has to wear the Holter Monitor for 72 hours.  Then we take it back to the clinic on Friday morning.  We had a good breakfast up there.

Yesterday he had an appointment in the city where he was in the hospital & his neurologist asked him why he went to see her instead of a neurologist in our local clinic.  Because her nurse called him and said he had an appointment with her yesterday.  It was ok because we met friends at Applebee's & It was a nice time.  She wants him to see a neurosurgeon so we are waiting for them to call us. She can't find anything wrong and wants a 2nd opinion    This will be done in the Capitol City.

He had an EKG last Friday and they called yesterday while we were gone.  He is scheduled for stress test on April 18th at our local clinic.

The joys of getting older.

It's another beautiful sunny upper 40's day with maybe rain and 60's for tomorrow & Thursday.  

I did get my walk in before lunch. I mopeded downtown to the library.  It's 1.1 miles from our home.  The restaurants were all busy which is a good thing.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to mention this last week.  A perfumery shop went into an empty store in our downtown a few months ago.  There is an easel in front of the store that says:  As Seen on QVC.  Made in Monroe.  I haven't gone in because stores like this make me Sneeze.  I might have to go in one day just to find out what perfume it is & who the vendor is.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it seems like I got lost on the internet today Woman Happy  I went from reading one thing to another and time got away from me.  My garbage guys came by today.  I only had one bag but they had lots to pick up from my neighbors.  I stayed up past midnight last night Woman Surprised and was glad I remembered to set my alarm so I wouldn't miss the garbage pick up.  I don't like putting my stuff out the night before if I can avoid it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise