Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAR 21)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a dark and dreary day with rain but at least the temperatures are rebounding so that it is warmer.

I'm not working today so sometime today, I'm going to tackle a room and see what can go despite the dreary atmosphere.

I checked my order status and see that my Vionic TSV sandals have finally made it to the city but apparently too late to put on the UPS  truck for delivery. What is one more day to wait? Also, the air fryer TSV has shipped but it says billing info received only. I'm in no hurry for it.

I checked my Chase account and see that I have a new account number and that the offending non-authorized charge has been removed. I make a habit of checking my card accounts daily. Thanks to Chase for its fast action when I reported the problem.

I enjoy watching gardening shows sometimes despite not having much of a gardening urge any longer.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely,

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, MAR 21)

Image result for rainy day images

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the great graphic You always have such good choices.

I'm going through papers deciding what to keep. This is from the end of year summary of prescription costs from my insurance company:]

The out of pocket costs without insurance for the drugs I had to take in 2016 was $6,1223.81. With insurance, I paid $1,677,62. It is still a hefty sum but better than the whole enchilada! Some have expenses greater than mine for prescriptions. Add to that the costs for medical visits. That $1600+ I paid after insurance would pay for a trip, a big fashion wardrobe update, etc.

Chase just called me to see if I was satisfied with how they handled the situation and if I had any questions. Just waiting for the card replacement

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

For those who need a chuckle - here is the tracking information for the JR necklace.

Package Progress City State Date Time

Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facilityUrbancrestOH03/21/201706:52
Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facilityMorrowGA03/20/201701:03
Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facilityMorrowGA03/19/201722:31
Package received for processing by UPS Mail InnovationsMorrowGA03/19/201720:16
Shipment tendered to UPS Mail InnovationsFlorenceNC03/19/201720:15
Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations  03/18/201715:45
Package delivered by post officeGarden GroveCA02/28/201710:10
Package out for post office deliveryGarden GroveCA02/28/201708:31
Package sorted by post officeGarden GroveCA02/28/201708:21
Received by the post officeGarden GroveCA02/28/201705:06
Electronic Shipment Information Received for Package by Post OfficeGarden GroveCA02/25/201716:29
Shipment Acceptance at Post OfficeGarden GroveCA02/25/201716:17
Package transferred to post officeGarden GroveCA02/25/201716:00
Package departed UPS Mail Innovations facility enroute to USPS for inductionFontanaCA02/25/201713:53
Postage Paid/Ready for destination post office entryFontanaCA02/25/201713:00
Package received for sort by destination UPS Mail Innovations facilityFontanaCA02/25/201709:10
Package transferred to destination UPS Mail Innovations facilityMorrowGA02/24/201702:44
Package processed by UPS Mail Innovations origin facilityMorrowGA02/23/201720:48
Package received for processing by UPS Mail InnovationsMorrowGA02/23/201719:01
Shipment tendered to UPS Mail InnovationsFlorenceNC02/23/201718:57

$5 to anyone who can tell me where my necklace is, lol.  I'm thinking Ohio?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone - sorry it's been a few days since I've posted.  Jean - I was irritated on your behalf regarding the "unauthorized charges", aka stealing from you.  We have to be ever vigilant, and yours is a good reminder.  meallen - I always appreciate your graphics.  Bernie - surprised to see that your JR necklace spent a holiday in southern CA.  I guess it's hanging out in Ohio now, lol.

The past several days were eventful.  Some good, some not-so-much.  I was at the dentist for the second time yesterday, to get the permanent crown attached.  I got the time wrong and was half an hour early.  Oh well.  The crown is on, we'll see if it's okay as time goes on.  But dental work of any kind triggers my TMJ to get worse for a few weeks.  Yuck.

My DS was at the University of Virginia last week visiting the campus when he found out that UC Riverside dropped him from all of his classes, due to his financial funding not being in place.  Then 2 of the classes he needed for graduation got filled.  He called about 5 different departments and they said they didn't think it was his fault and would reinstate him today, Tuesday.  But we'll wait and see. What they say they'll do, and what they actually do, can be two different things.  I told my DS a couple of times NOT to wait until the last quarter of school to take requirement classes, but rather, to save elective classes for the end.  But does he heed his mother's advice?  Noooooo.... Heaven forbid he listen to sound advice from his mother.  Geesh.  I love my DS, but he and drama of some sort tend to go hand-in-hand.  

The better news is that my DD was offered a job working at the clinic here in town that she has worked on-and-off for these past many years.  They are sending her an information packet with employment details soon.  I hope that they make her a decent offer.  She likes them and would like to work there and be able to live at home for a while.  It would help her financially.  It's also nice to know that her employers think that highly of her, that they would bring her on as a full-time vet.

Today is our appointment with our tax preparer.  Most likely, we'll get a small return from Federal, and end up owing the state, so it'll be close to even.  At least I'm hoping that we don't owe a bunch.   

That's my update.  Hope you're all doing well!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  That is something about your sandals.  Really crazy about your necklace, Bernie.  I have no clue where it could be now.  I have had packages go astray, but that is wild.  

Glad Chase was so efficient in replacing your card, Jean.  Good thing you checked the charges, and got word to them right away.  I usually check my bank accounts every day, but credit cards only once or twice a week.  Think I'll need to do so more often.

Insurance is very important for many who need expensive treatments, check-ups, tests, and medicines.  I am glad you did not have to pay more, but that was quite a bit of money you paid last year.  

Cute graphic, meallen.  Not a rainy day here, and it is supposed to get to the high 80's or low 90's.  Cooler temperatures are expected starting Thursday -- could be 30 degrees cooler.  Guess I'll be back to wearing jackets and closed-toe shoes.  

I had ordered some pants from HSN (Iman) last month, and the day after I ordered them, they sent an e-mail saying there would be a delay.  I received an e-mail last week saying that the pants had shipped on March 14. They are scheduled to arrive today, and I sure hope that I like them.  

After much thought, I decided I do not use my gas grill enough to justify having it.  And, today it was picked up by the thrift store.  I feel like a little weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and I like the feeling.  Need to keep looking for items like this that are not used sufficiently to keep.

I have the senior lunch program today, and I'll be going to the gym and visiting DH later.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have  a good day!

Hugs,

Linda 

ETA -- that is great news about your DD's offer, Charlene.  Hope they do offer a decent salary.  What can I say about your son.  My oldest DGS would have profited by taking some advice from his parents, but no....................  Hopefully, things will work out okay.  Hope your TMJ isn't too bad.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean. A dreary dark day & no subbing is a good time for decluttering.  Chase was very fast which is a good thing.  Your shoes are on a "slow boat" for sure.  I am sure that you will enjoy the air fryer.  Others seem to like theirs.  RX's & Dr. visits are outrageous.  It is a good thing that we have good health insurance. 

Linda L, getting rid of things a little at a time is a good ides.  Gas grills take up quite a bit of room.  My DH likes to grill out, but knows nothing about how to cook in the kitchen. I can't complain though, as he can use the microwave & wash dishes.  I just wish I had a chef!

CERB, I am hoping that your DD gets a good offer.  She seems like a wonderful student.  I have nothing to say about your DS ,but this might be an eye opener for him.  We had no anxious college moments with our DC,  but they knew that their grades were important because they were both on 4 year scholarships.

Bird Mama, maybe your JR necklace went back to QVC!  

Honda called & they are bringing my moped to me today.  It is sunny & mild so I did my walk this morning.  I also got the rest of the laundry hung outside.  I am being lazy this afternoon.

I am having lunch out with friends tomorrow.  I am still partly on vacation yet!

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I love that tour of the U.S. that your JR necklace is taking. I t hink there is a thread in Community Chat dealing with similar issues. I do hope the wait is worth it!

Charlene--I do hope your DS gets his classes required for graduation. This happens more often than people realize. When I was a student at a university in our state, we had several students there to take Summer classes to transfer back to their colleges. It seems the predictable and reliable sequence of classes stopped and they could not get the classes need at their home college so off to another college in the Summer to get them worked in before their senior year when they had plannef to take them. Congrats to DD; hopefully the vet practice offer will be a good one and enable her to work at home.

Linda--If you had no need for that gas grill then giving it to the thrift store was a good idea. I hope you enjoy the pants you ordered from HSN. Also, I hope the visit with DH goes well. I know he looks forward to your visits.

Twinny--I didn't get far with the decluttering. I was called around 11:30 to come and sub for a teacher who had become ill. You have great memories of your trip and I'm sure that it refreshed you. It is good that Honda is bringing your moped to you. Like you, I wouldn't mind having a chef. I don't enjoy cooking.