Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY,JUNE8)

Hi Everyone!

It's hot, humid and awatiting the scattered thunderstorms. I hope it waters all the gardens so I don't have to drag out hoses or sprinklers. LOL  We had forgotten about having a collection of sprinklers when we got the dogs. They always bite at the water so the sprinklers were stored. Those Fireman's nozzels hold up well to GSD teeth. LOL They love to play in water. Now, that the dogs are older, they have decided it's more fun to play in the falling water. Go figure. 

I do have to pay bills today. I need to pick up prescriptions but am waiting until my head feels better. This weather just isn't "friendly" to some of my issues. 

I did treat myself and watched part of the Denim & co program. When i saw the sweatshirt and jogger pants in terry and was tempted so I turned it off. I am trying to stay focused on not buying clothes. I do find it hard to resist a "good buy". LOL Honestly, it's such a dilemna...

The township posted a notice that they have raised the school taxes higher than usual. I'm holding my breath for the property taxes to increase from the sales of the four houses on the street. I'm guessing that this will be the situation in many cities,states but that doesn't make it any easier on the budget. I just wonder how high the food prices are going to go. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY,JUNE8)

Fressa, I am hating this upper 80's weather & it will be like this all of next week.  The bright side is that we got .2" of a nice steady rain yesterday and my DH was able to fill our 🐢🐢🐢 pool 3 times.  It's wonderful rain water for my 🍅🍅🍅 plants.  I bet your dog's like the water too.  Right now, I have no desire to buy clothing &  I can't take enough things off.  Fall & Winter are such a blessing.  Since we live in a residential neighborhood, our property taxes are based on the worth of the house.  If we lived in the country club area, they are a lot higher.  Good luck with getting your meds.  I have to try to get one from Wal-Mart on Thursday.

I am glad that last weekend is over and I can get myself back together. 

Yesterday morning, I called the cemetery assoc to see about buying two lots for us.  I had no idea that there are a lot of restrictions in my family's cemetery.   Then we went to the Memorial place to pick out a bench instead of tombstone.  In order to have a bench put there, we have no buy 3 lots.  The lady from the Memorial place had just a few things to choose from  so we went 15 miles to their other memorial place.  She told me yesterday if we put the bench across the street in the Catholic Cemetery, we can buy two lots.  Apparently they have loosened the restrictions on how things are done there.  Decisions, decisions.  Next Monday, we have an appt with the cemetery guy & another lady that sells benches or stones.  We didn't know about this place, but the cemetery guy was really pushing this place.  

Last week my bf bought 8 lots where her dh was just buried in and paid for them.  No restrictions and lots of questions to answer like I went through.  She has 4 lots in a different cemetery to get rid of.  Yikes.

We had a good carry out lunch from Chop Sticks.  Left overs for supper.  It's too hot to have the oven on.  That's my excuse & it works pretty well.

We might go to a beach next week for a couple of days.   We are both ready for a little fun in the shade 

I think that we are going to the gym this afternoon.  It's cool & I am not doing my walk when it's this hot.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's still humid here Woman Tongue  No rain yesterday and I'm not betting the house we'll get it today.  When they say scattered rain in Michigan, they are not kidding.  We could really use the rain so I'm hoping one day this week that we get some.

Speaking of cemetery lots - my husband's grandmother bought 6 lots way back in the day.  Her kid married and moved to AZ.  Grandma and Grandpa died and are buried in 2 of the 6 lots.  Husband inherited other 4.  We're more geared to cremation so when he passed away, I inherited the 4 from him.  

I learned over the years that the cemetery can't or won't buy them back so I would have to sell them.  I haven't gotten around to doing it yet and I suppose I should move off of dead center because I don't know anyone who will be buried in them.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Hope your head feels better soon.  Also hope they don't raise your taxes too much.  I know home values in this area have gone way up.  Still, so far taxes in Arizona are way lower than those in Maryland.  Good you are getting some free watering.  We certainly could use some here.

The whole cemetery issue sounds very complicated indeed, Glenda.  Hope you and your DH find a reasonable solution, and your friend can sell those other lots.  Have fun at the gym, and enjoy the beach if you decide to go there.  I keep seeing pictures of crowded beaches, but I imagine a lot of that was due to the holiday.

It is hot here today, but it should not reach 100 degrees.  Very normal for this time of the year.  Unfortunately, they are predicting very hot temperatures for the weekend -- 106 degrees on Saturday.  Oh well, my AC is working fine.

I had a call from my dentist office this morning, and my appointment has been moved from this Friday to next Friday.  That is fine with me, especially since I don't have dental insurance and it gives me some extra time to come up with the $$.

My hospice visit (caregiver relief) this morning (first since COVID) went fine.  

Like Fressa, I saw a couple very interesting items from the D&Co show (product review), but did not order.  I keep repeating enough is enough to myself.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Good luck with those cemetery lots you inherited, Bernie.  My family went the cremation route as well. I am glad that I don't have lots to sell.  Hopefully, you will not have too much trouble doing so.  Bring on the rain!

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama.  The first question was do you want to be created?  No.  Will it be a church service? Yes.  Have you looked for a marker yet?  No.  Then I said we wanted a marble bench.  Oh, then you have to buy 3 lots.   My bf and her dh bought 4 lots a long time ago.  Two for them & two for their dd's.  Now one dd might want to be buried in the 4 lots cemetery.  

Linda L, I was surprised to hear that there are a lot of restrictions on our family cemetery.  All of my relatives have been there for a long time.  The search continues.  Yikes, your area is really hot.  

Glenda