Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 7)

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and in the 70's with thunderstorms and rain. The worse of the storms are predicted to start around dinner time and last thru the night. UGH!!! I have a horrible migraine today so maybe that's an indicator that the storms will arrive earlier than later.

This is my bill pay day so that's next on my list. I've been searching for roofers and checking reviews. I now have more knowledge about shingles than I knew ever existed. I checked the township website and my phone was flooded with multiple messages from various roofers. (even after I had checked the "do not call" option) We have too many big projects this year but I'm trying to remind myself that after it's done then we should be in decent shape for a few years to come. The storm damage really did a number on our lot and house. It must be in the "spot" that catches the wind, etc. Too bad it doesn't catch the million dollar lottery number instead. LOL

I wanted to mention that the last two returns I had that had the incorrect credit amount I handled thru the "chat live" and was pleased that I saw the $$$ in a few days. It was then automatically applied to the next purchase I made. I don't have many credits but this seemed faster and improved than prior times.  Hopefully, it will help someone else that has a return issue.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 7)

FYI----We just filled up the hubby's Subaru Legacy----$4.99/gallon = $70.00 for the gas in our area. UGH!!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry about your migraines.  Hope the storms are not too bad in your area.  I used the Q return label on May 28th, and so far the only update is that the package has been picked up.  Hope it makes some progress by next Monday or sooner.  I found the chat feature helpful one time in the past, but I know it is too soon to contact them yet.

Another dry, hot day here with a high of 102 degrees predicted.  I took my walk earlier, and it was okay.  But, I think I will try to get out even earlier tomorrow since it is supposed to get hotter and hotter (with an excessive heat warning from Thursday morning until Sunday night).  

DD rented a truck and is driving up to Maryland with youngest DGS to pick up their furniture.  She is hiring people to actually load and unload the truck, but I am nervous about her doing the driving.  Fingers crossed they don't have any problems.

That is a horrible price for gasoline.  It is high, but not that high here so far.  But, I understand some areas in California are charging $6.00 a gallon or more.

The senior lunch program went well -- not a large attendance, but nice people.  We have an intern for the summer -- high school guy who is paid plus gets credit at school.  He seems very nice and is very cute.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I like the TSV, but only wear shorts in the house so I don't want to pay that much $$.

Honored Contributor

Hi Fressa @Fressa  We got rain last night but not as much as was forecasted.  I checked the basement anyway and was happy to see NO problems.  We got a soft rain mid morning and then it dried out and the sun came out.  I hope your storms aren't bad tonight.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  whoo, that is hot Woman Surprised It's currently 71 degrees here and I am happy.  Your daughter has a long drive ahead of her and I'm glad she'll have company.  Glad the senior lunch program went well and there was enough food this week.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--We had a sudden storm alert last night with 30-50mph wind gust and heavy rain. Thankfully it only lasted 30 minutes and had more rain in the wee hours of the morning. Heavy storms are in the forecast for today to start and last all thru the night.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--I'll keep my fingers crossed for your DD and her move. We moved from the West to the East and rented a truck and trailor. I wish there was an option to hire people to load and unload. That's a nice option. We took interstate roads as much as possible and that was easier than the regular highways. It will be nice when they are all settled in their  new place. Safe travels to all.