Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 6)

Good Morning, Ladies!  Another hot day here in southern Arizona.  In fact, they have issued an "excessive heat warming" for our area.  I stopped by the grocery store for a few things yesterday, and they were giving out free bottled water.  Nice.  I enjoyed going to the pool yesterday after visiting DH the second time.  Ran into several nice ladies, and had good conversations while I did my modified laps.  

I have my volunteer job at the senior lunch program today, and then I'll be going to the gym before visiting DH.  

Bernie -- my ex and I had an "attic fan" installed in our first house that did not have AC.  I think it helped a little.  We had an unfinished attic, and I had to be very careful getting up there.   After several years, we finally got AC, and I didn't worry about the fan after it was installed.

I agree with you, Jean, and others about the Home Page -- it is very confusing, and a turn off to me.  I'm not tempted by the TSV again today, thank goodness.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a good day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 6)

This was me this morning in New Jersey, somebody send some nice weather to us!

http://s717.photobucket.com/user/prestonjjrtr/library/Weather

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I think your temps are soaring and taking away out normal June temps. Right now, it is 70 degrees which is cool for June. Like you, I am not tempted by the TSV. Lately, the small difference between the TSV price and the price the day afterwards enourages a wait and see attitude.

meallen--You certainly have had the rain. We had some flash flooding in our state yesterday but we escaped it. We are having a sunny day, at least to this point.

I told Alexa to set the timer so I could religioiusly dedicate myself to cleaning out some stuff and getting ready for trash day. Then the phone rang with results of the blood work and urinalysis done locally. I need to have more done. I have a call into the urologist as there was some blood in the urine invisible to the eye, so there is a possibility that the bladder cancer is returning. I last had a check on that by the urologist in February. His nurse is supposed to return a call to me, so in the meantime, I can't go too far from the landline.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello, it's sure hot out there by you @LindaLatte

@meallen616 It's overcast here so I have no sun to send your way.

@KonaKat Thank goodness for labs, hopefully the follow up will occur quickly and you'll be able to get that behind you.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--The urologist has requested the local place send the lab results to him, so time will tell. I had the scope of bladder and kidneys done in February, and there was not a problem at that time. I thought of you today when I was charging my Halo.

I think I could open a shoe store. I haven't counted but I appear to have shoes all over. Can you  tell  I'm digging into the hidden recesses?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean..maybe to alleviate your worry, my Dh has had that issue a few times over the years he has dealt with his cancer and after a check, has been given a clean result.

((((hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

Barbara--Thanks for the comment. I'm concerned but not really worried. The urologist's office wants the local people to FAX him the test results so he can tell if the middle man needs to be cut out right now.

This constant checking for more than one medical issue gets old. I just checked online ad saw that Humana was billed over $6,600 for the Lexiscan stress test. I knew it would likely be high with Lexiscan used to stimulate the heart instead of my actually walking on treadmill. I owe zero for the test according to Humana. I  have been fortunate with all that they have paid .

Respected Contributor

Hello friends!  I haven't looked at the home page in a long time. Or my wish list - no telling what is in there and I remember a time when I did that every day.  I still waste a lot of time online - the last obsession was rv fb groups (interesting - they are full of a lot of opinionated folks though and it got depressing to see the way folks would talk to each other).

Linda I loved the picture you posted of DH in the green shirt.  He looks great! 

Meallen, Austin got hammered by rain last night too.  Our weather has been just gorgeous for a few weeks now.  I absolutely love the scenery and the weather here. DH went fishing again last weekend and had a wonderful time and I had a wonderful time at home being a homebody.  It's a strange twist as I've always loved going and doing but I haven't done much of that at all. 

Jean, is school out then?  They go through most of June up here, our friend (wife of his boss' boss that hired him) doesn't like it at all since that means a shorter summer.  You are getting good use out of Alexa.  I heard that Apple is now making something similar.  

Not a lot to chat about here.  I think we are going to Portland this weekend, Saturday, for Fleet week.  It's the first week of August in Seattle and I plan to go, in October in San Diego but we are talking about doing SD in August (because the tuna is running then) so no idea.  

I am finally starting to look for a job so am down here at the little bar drinking a soda and using free wifi.  Kyanne and I walked the trail this morning, a different part that we had not been on and it was beautiful.  I kept stopping for pictures, and told myself "Kathleen, quit taking pictures.  They don't really translate so instead of wanting everyone to see just enjoy yourself" and I really really am enjoying things here but I still stopped and took pics.  lol  

Hugs and waves to all!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--It is great to see you posting here again. I've enjoyed your pics that you have posted on FB.  I do hope that you find a job that can use your talents well and provide you great rewards. School is out and will begin again the first week of August.. We didn't have a bad Winter so we didn't have to use several make up days.