Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 4)

Greetings,  shopoping friends. I was up at 5:30 and began tackling some chores around the house. It is a beautiful sunny day, so I had a meaningful relatioinship between the weed killer and the weeds. Hopefully, it will penetrate to the roots before the next rain.

I had considered not exercising today but I talked myself into it.  So far, I have 8,343 steps. I am also trying to get the 250 minimum an hour that FitBit suggests in addition to the regular. This really adds up. The FitBit zaps you if you haven't gotten 250 steps in before the hour is over thus giving time to get them in.

I have no idea what the TSV is today. I'm trying to thin the herd here, which is taking time. I tend to deliberate too long on decisions. Thanks to decluttering plus bagging trimmings, I  have six 30 gallon bags ready for the trash pick up tomorrow.

I hope each of you has a great day, and if you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 4)

Jean, it sounds like you are a busy bee today.  We had rain all morning & now it's sunny with  storms predicted for this afternoon & evening.  Good luck at staying ahead of the weeds.   We have a yard guy come 3x a year to get rid of the dandelions & Creeping Charlie.  Every once in a  while, my DH finds a dandelion & he is quick to remove it.  The rain will be good for my newly planted 🍅🍅🍅plants.  It's  supposed to be in the 70's & dry starting tomorrow for several days.

We had planned to go to two cemeteries this morning, but it's too wet so we will go tomorrow after we have breakfast out.

It's almost lunchtime & then hot tub time.  Supper is leftovers from last night.

I  am going to  have a lazy day.  No walking today because I don't feel like it.  The cemeteries tomorrow will be my walk.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, I was able to apply the two coats of the sealant to the family room fireplace chimney crown this morning.  I set up the little giant ladder and the more I looked at the ladder, the more anxiety flared up.  I can get to the family room roof from a bedroom window so that's what I did.  

The Lord and I were in conversation for at least an hour.  I talked about His creation and the hawk that seemed upset that I was on my roof Woman Very Happy

I followed the instructions to the letter and didn't let fear make me rush the job.  I hope the product is as good as all the reviewers say it is because I am in no hurry to get up on that roof again. 

One more thing of my list of things to do.  The product should be cured within 4 hours which would put it at 3:30 eastern time. 

It's warm and breezy so maybe it will cure faster, I don't know.  It should be fine by the time the rain arrives later. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, you go 👧👧👧.  I won't get up on anything higher than the 2nd rung on a ladder.  I fear heights!  My DH is tall like you are, so he does the high up things & I do the rest.  We got an inch of ☔☔☔ this morning.  Now it's almost 80° & they said 70's all week. I hope that your curing happens before you get more rain.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  You have been a busy bee today. Good job on the exercise.  It really upsets me if I can't get the 250 steps per hour, but sometimes it is just not possible due to being at a meeting or whatever.

After reading your post the other day, I decided to see how many steps I get in during 30 minutes.  I knew it wasn't near the 4,000 that was mentioned.  Anyway, I decided that perhaps my lower number was due not only to my slower pace, but the fact that I am walking outdoors where there are not always sidewalks, and where sidewalks can be uneven.  This causes me to be cautious while walking.  A couple of times falling flat on my face were more than enough. So, I checked the number of steps I got when using the elliptical at the gym, and discovered it was more like 3,000 steps in 30 minutes.  This was going at 91% peak according to my Fitbit.  There is no safe way I could go faster. So 3,000 is my new goal.

Hope the weed killer works.  Weeds always seem to be an issue for me.

Fingers crossed your weather cooperates for your cemetery visit tomorrow, twinny.

I'm nervous just reading about your work on the roof, Bernie.  Really hope you can finish the job safely.  Like twinny, I have a fear of heights, so I would not try to do anything on a roof.  

My hospice visit yesterday was hard on me.  The hospice nurse was there when I arrived and said my patient is "active" as in actively dying.  The nurse told me that when she visited last Wednesday, the patient was up and walking, nothing out of the ordinary.  By Friday, she was bed-bound, and going down fast.  She is anxious, so the nurse told her caregiver/husband how to give her the anti-anxiety medicine along with the morphine.  

The nurse left, and I sat with her -- talking some, and trying to get her to relax when she started having issues.  This happened very often.  Anyway, the hospice caregiver came and gave her a bed bath, and like the nurse she was very sweet. 

Her husband (who had been at the doctor) is a dear man, and I am concerned about him as well as her.  Depending on what happens, I may visit again on Saturday, but the nurse thought it was unlikely my patient will still be living.  I think it is a good volunteer effort, but not an easy one.

I got up fairly early this morning (about the same time as Jean), and was getting ready for my walk when the power went out.  I was concerned that I could not make coffee or even tea without power, so I was delighted to find the power back on when I returned.  

The senior lunch program went pretty well except more people showed up for lunch than signed up so there were some issues with making sure everyone had enough food.  They need help with the salad bar tomorrow, and I agree to come in for that -- I'll be much later than my usual time since I have a OLLI yoga class, but they have another volunteer who can handle the set-up and hot meal.

Plan to go to the gym soon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Oh Linda @LindaLatte   When you mentioned that your patient seemed to be in almost a coma kind of state the other day I immediately thought to myself, 'she's in the in-between place'.  That's what I call it, as though the person is in conversation with the Creator.

I've seen the anxious state that you speak of in a few family members.  I think of that as the soul wanting to be free of the body that is holding it back.

I won't know if any of what I think is true until I make the journey myself one day.  Maybe I just think these things to rationalize what's happening, I don't know.

I'm praying for her, her husband and all who give her care.  Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise