Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 23)

Greetings, shopping friends. I have just returned from physical therapy. I'm a little sore now and it hurt some during the process, but it is worth it as I am showing improvement.

I just checked my order status and see that I haven't ordered from the Q since May 12. It gets easier each day. The only items ordered from Amazon were actual needs, so I'm on a mission to continue buying only "needs" during this Summer. Of course, it is made easier by the reality that I can't venture out right now.

Right now, I'm catching up on the news. I'm not one that is glued to the news 24/7 but I do like an update.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely--make wise choices and be safe when venturing out.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 23)

Hi Jean, I had just posted and found you beat me to the punch.  Glad you are keeping up with your PT, and I hope you aren't too sore.  Good job with your shopping constraint.  Below is my post --

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Another hot and dry day here with a high of 104 degrees expected. 

I was supposed to be getting highlights in my hair today, but my hairdresser postponed it until Thursday.  She will not be shampooing or blow drying my hair, plus she will wear a mask and shield, and I will have a mask.  I felt pretty safe when I had my hair cut earlier and hope this will be the same.  In any case, the plan is only to have this done two times a year, and not have many highlights added (subtle).

My annual physical yesterday was good and bad.  Part of the bad was having to wait more than 30 minutes to get into the exam room.  The good part was that my weight was the same as usual, and my height was measured as 5'3" rather than 5'2".  I didn't point out that I was wearing shoes that had a little heel on them just because it was nice hearing that I was taller than last time.  

The usual screening with the doctor's assistant took much longer than normal since everything was done orally rather than providing much of the information in a questionnaire as usual. Many of the questions just didn't apply due to the pandemic -- like whether I needed to sit up front at church or meetings, etc. The assistant was very sweet, and we had a good laugh about some of the questions.  In addition, I managed to pass all the regular screening questions (to help detect dementia). 

The doctor finally came in with my lab work results, and I was totally shocked to learn that my cholesterol had gone up quite a bit.  The only positive was that my HDL (good cholesterol) was high and the ratio was good.  I asked what I could do, and the doctor said that I needed to reduce my consumption of eggs, cheese, and meat.  I don't eat that much red meat -- mostly chicken, but I have been eating an egg every morning plus a cheese sandwich almost every day for lunch.

I raced home to check out the food in the refrigerator and cabinet, and discovered that the chicken sausage I planned to eat for dinner had lots of cholesterol.  I ended up throwing them away and having a veggie burger instead.  

DD and I had a long talk this morning, and she told me that her dietitian suggested switching from eggs to a particular type of yogurt.  She also often has tuna rather than cheese for lunch.  In her case, it is to help lose weight rather than watch cholesterol.  But, I am on a mission to improve my cholesterol numbers.  Just never thought this would happen, but now I know it is something for me to monitor.

I don't think I can really blame it on my cholesterol news, but I did end up ordering a clothing item this morning.  It is a Linea shirt and shell A214117 that was on clearance and now is a Prime Time Special.  I already have it in white, navy, and red, and this is a black set.  Of course, it can be used as a set, but I often wear the shirt over another top -- covers my crepey arms, but is light as a feather.  

Hope everyone is having a nice day and staying safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--We have a knack for posting at the same time. I had written mine, and then opened another window or tab to double check the forum before posting. I didn't see a post so I hit the submit button.

The Linea item sounds like a good buy especially since you have it already and enjoy it. Dealing with cholesterol can be a challenge. You can be dedicated to the right foods but a week before the test have something that will throw the results off. I know with your history of good eating, and exercise that this was a real surprise.  I confess that when I know I have a test coming up that I'm very good for two weeks before the test.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's hot, humid and an occassional bit of rain. I was hoping it would cool things down a bit but it did not. BOO!!!  

Today i decided that I would wash all the throw rugs in that pile in the laundry room. It's cool in there because it's cinder block. I have a big comforter to be the last load. Then that is handled for this season. I see I'll need to replace a few of the throw rugs but I may reallocate them to the workroom or garage.  Tomorrow I might start on the Christmas storage room with just sorthing out the donations of non Christmas items. It will depend on the weather. I do need to do some grocery shopping one day this week.

KomKat--Congrats on your record with spending. I'm trying very hard to reach that point. Your PT sounds uncomfortable but it does sound like you are seeing improvements. That's always good news.

LindaLatte--I love Linea clothes!!!  I forget to check for sales and specials most days/nights. Once you find an item that fits, washes well and looks nice then I, too, say get at least one other color. It's usually the item I reach for every time so the cost per wear is very low. Good for you and especially in black .

We checked our footage from our outdoor camera. It took a while to view the card (but we purchased the lower model) but the image was clear. It looks like the high wind set it off and the deer running thru the yard. My husband adjusted the camera position on the post and reset it. I really just want to make sure we don't have bears in the woods and then I'll be relieved. I don't think my coconut broom or pink mini shovel will be enough of a deterent. LOL

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/eveing. 

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I placed my first order with the Q today (since the end of March).

Steel by Design bangle

Steel by Design Open Circle Bangle - J368544

I usually can't wear a bangle because they are too big - this one was sold in a small so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My annual endocrinologist appointment (postponed from April) is this coming Monday and I haven't heard from the office about any new guidelines so I suppose I'll place a call tomorrow or Thursday.

I have the creeps about going and wouldn't you know I have to have blood work Woman Indifferent

That doctor's office is pretty slick - they make me take my shoes off to get my height measurement.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise