Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 22)

Hi Everyone!

We had another round of storms but everything remainded in the same spots outside. It is cooler which is a nice relief.  I'm hoping the sun dries out the tree bark so it's safe for them to climb. Hope everyone else made it thru another stormy or very hot night. 

I got estimates on a replacing our water heater and installing a generator. I don't believe they make anything anymore that doesn't start with three zeros in the price. At any rate I just wanted to get it on our planning list and we'll review it after the tree project. 

No word from the insurance company on our trees so I tried the website. This is when  I miss being avble to have a glass or wine or wine cooler. I have a claim #, and three different names of different departments. I guess our claim overlaps them. I would think that more claims are in that category but what do I know? Logic doesn't seem to apply to an insurance claim. I figure it will be my project while the guys are cutting trees. 

Here we go again with the Ring camera footage in our township. A women had 4 mountain lions in her back yard and on her back porch. WHAT!!! The zoo keeps saying that it isn't missing any animals so where are they coming from? We haven't seen anything but deer on out camping camera so I'm happy about that. They must be doing construction in areas that were never toucher before. IMO

I did received the Don Astlett runners that were on clearance. ( under $20) They will work well in the garage and I can finally get rid of that ratty old patio rug. They are a softer weave than some of the other kitchen rugs but would probably be nice in a laundry room. I'm pleased with the price and the rugs.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 22)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad it is cooler there, and there was no additional damage after last night's storms.  Hope the guys can work on the trees, and the insurance company gets its act together.

Wow -- four mountain lions!  I am glad they didn't visit your yard.  Glad the Don Aslett runners work for you.  I am happy with the mats that I ordered from him.

I did try WD40 on the hose nozzle, but gave up due to the extreme heat.  I will try again someday.

It is cooler here today, and may not even make it to 100 degrees with a chance of rain.  Still pretty hot, but I felt the difference on my early morning walk.

I thought of Bernie when my DD told me that she bought some Keds that were on special sale for Prime Day.  She says she wears Keds around the house all the time.

Jean has posted some pictures from Alaska on FB.  It looks like she and her niece are having a good trip, but she did say they chose not to take some of the hikes due to mobility issues.  

My hospice patient seems to be going downhill fast, unfortunately.  She is getting a hospital bed tomorrow since she cannot get into her very high bed.  Her Caregiver is really struggling with caring for her.  I'm glad I am able to give him a little break so he can go to the grocery store or whatever.

The OLLI teacher has added another class next Monday, which is good.  He is an excellent teacher.

I went swimming again yesterday, and I ran into another pool buddy who I haven't seen in ages.  We had a very nice conversation, and I am happy that she seems to be in remission from cancer (can't remember what type she had).

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Holy mackeral @Fressa  mountain lions in the backyard Woman Surprised  I like my wildlife ... just not that wild Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad Jean and her niece are having a great time.  I'm sorry that your hospice patient is going downhill.  Most of us here have been caregivers for some very ill people and we can relate to the feelings of being overwhelmed.

Honored Contributor

I had quite a busy morning (for me).  I had a 10 am appointment at the dealer for an oil change. I'm old enough to remember when they allowed walk ins for oil changes or had dedicated 30 minute or less lanes for oil changes only.

Fine, you want me to make an appointment, I'll make an appointment.  I get there at 9:50 am and see a bunch of cars crowded near the service dept entrance.  I think what in the heck?  That's when they send out the porters and helpers to advise that one of the two advisors is not in today - wisdom teeth removal.  Good thing I was wearing a mask cuz I can only imagine my expression to the excuses.  

I didn't even get checked in until 10:30 am.  Guy says it'll be an hour.  I decide to take a walk to a smallish shopping area.  It was cool today (40's upon waking) and I was wearing a baseball cap and jean jacket and ready for fresh cool air.  I picked up some crew socks from Meijers, bought a new hose nozzle and 2 feet of stainless steel chain from Home Depot and then checked out what's new at Joann Fabrics.  I make it back to the dealer at noon and see my car in the parking lot.

I think to myself, Jesus, I told them to call me when the car was done Woman Indifferent  I go to the cashier and say, my car's in the lot and I'm ready for the paperwork and car fob.  Service advisor was running behind and I didn't get checked out until 12:45 pm.  Here's the best part, Nissan service gives you a checklist that has green dots, yellow dots and red dots next to each category/system of the car to let you know they checked it and found it was great, will need attention soon or critically important.

I see brake fluid is checked off red.  I say, uh what's up with that?  I also see on my receipt that brake fluid flush and refill recommended and owner declined.  That was it, gloves were off.  I said, you are indicating that you told me Camille (name of my car) needed something I declined it.  I am just finding out now, upon checkout, some 3 hours after I arrived for an oil change that I am in critical need of changing out my brake fluid!!

He started walking it back and said, no no I wrote here that I just informed you next time you need a brake fluid flush and refill.  I said, you know what?  I hope Nissan sends me a survey, I really do because this is ridiculous.  

I was happy to get home and away from people after all of that.

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, I have had experiences not that different when having my car serviced, Bernie.  While they didn't write the lie that I had declined the recommendation, they didn't mention it.  And, when I brought up the subject, they said the same thing that I should have it done the next time.  I have to think that it is a way to make you keep coming back so they can find other things that need to be fixed.

I also had the experience of service advisers being out which caused big back-ups.  One time, DH and I came in early for our appointment to have a recalled part installed -- waited and waited, only to be told that they gave the part to another customer so we would need to come back another time.  I blew my top, and they offered to give us a free oil change when we came back.  

Another thing I have found is that often even if they send you a customer satisfaction survey, they seem to pay zero attention to your replies.  Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised that they follow-up, but that doesn't happen the majority of the time.

Glad you were able to leave and hope you had a pleasant evening after that mess.  I can get so agitated that it takes quite a while to calm down.  

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--I guess my coconut broom is not going to scare these guys. I'll have to get my pink mini shovel down there. Honestly.....I never wanted to be "Jane of the Jungle" but this is getting a little too "wild" for these taxes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I would have exploded with that situation. I've had similar "issues" with the tires, battery replacement and oil change. My big issue is that you make the appointment and you are not seen at the important time. Okay....so they have a personel issue. Soooo no one calls to update you or they call from an unknown number and do not leave a message. Our eye doctor does that trick all the time. I just deallt with that yesterday trying to find my hubby's contacts. Honestly....it drives me crazy every time.