Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 16)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sending prayers and good wishes to Jean who is having her procedure today. Also praying for twinny who is having tests today.

It is very toasty out here in southern Arizona, and they are predicting hot temperatures all week.  I'm doing my best to keep hydrated, and the AC is running a lot.  But, that is the price you pay for living in this area.  I still prefer it to cold/icy/snowy weather elsewhere.  Good that most of us have a choice.  

DH and I have the senior lunch program today (I volunteer and he participates), and we will go to the gym this afternoon.  It was pretty warm on our walk this morning, but not too bad.

My SIL's truck had to be towed to the shop yesterday -- turns out his brake line was rusted or something.  Anyway, it is being repaired.  Meanwhile, DH's DGD will be going to talk to the doctor (surgeon) today.  Hopefully, she will have her surgery soon and be able to get back to a more normal life.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, pinky ann, Marijane, Gayle, Rosa, Karen, LindaR, Susan, Charlene, snicks, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope you can stop by and let us know how you are doing.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 16)

LindaL - thanks for getting us started.  I'm back to work after my long weekend and wouldn't you know, the sun is shining and its' gorgeous outside.  I guess the folks in SE Michigan can thank me for the 4 days of rain - I actually had vacation days Smiley Tongue

The layout of the forum still hurts my eyes and gives me a headache - I think it's way too much white space or something.

I guess I'll adjust.

Waving to all of the regulars and visitors.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte Joining you in good wishes to Jean and also twinny today, hope we hear from both soon they all went well. Another dreary day here, only in upper 70's. Sorry about SIL's truck problems, and DH's DGD's injury, sure hope she can heal soon and get back to her normal life.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Too bad it was rainy all the time you were on vacation, seems to work out that way a lot. The new forums are very confusing to me, still trying to figure things out. I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, that's for sure. Have a good day back at work.

"To each their own, in all things".
Valued Contributor

Linda, Thanks for starting the thread. I'm hoping for good news for both Jean and Twinny. I had a bad night last night trying to get to sleep. It's been humid here, and not even that hot, but it just too warm upstairs even with the fan going.

Bird, Sorry the weather wasn't cooperative while you were off. The new forums seem to be too white or something. I have to agree with you, as my eyes hurt after being on awhile. May be a good thing? :U) lol

I went out to do some fun shopping for a change today. I went to the shopping center nearer our house, about 10 miles closer than the mall and Sam's Club. I bought an additional rug for the downstairs bath, and a pair of mary janes that are in a sport shoe fabric. Very soft, but they actually have an arch support, and some type of memory fabric in them. They weren't the light shoes I'd hoped for, but will be great to wear instead of slippers or socks when I'm not doing too much at home.

I stopped at a small store that was on the way and bought a few decor things. I've been wanting awhile now, and on sale too. I bought one of the barn stars that have been around awhile in a rust finish, 2 big bunches of faux berry braches and a small door ( think smaller picture frame size) with a star cut out and berries attached to the front. They're all a primitive style, and work well here as we have a traditional/ country style, and they're a perfect enhancement to those styles. I'll have fun getting them displayed later, and was thrilledthat I stopped. Going for a rest now, I'll stop back later. pinky 

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...thanks for starting Linda, hope you and your DH have an enjoyable lunch and the other "members "behave themselves at your DH table. I hope the fridge is finally fixed and none of the workers have problems .

Bernie seems like that always happen once you go back to work the weather turns beautiful....hopefully this coming weekend will be nice for you to enjoy.
Your new decos purchases sound nice Pinky....I like those signs and also decorating in that mode....My house is the traditional center hall colonial. The nap hopefully will do wonders for you and tonight it's not as warm. it's a crummy day here too.....not too not but muggy out and they are saying storms this afternoon. It seems the both of us have similar weather patterns, I'm not sure where you live.
Twinny best of luck on your medical tests today and also for Jean. I hope both can check in later.
Not much else....I am still amazed that I could sorta figure the new system out.....I imagine there is much more but I don't want to push my luck!
Have a nice afternoon......Marijane
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Not sure where this is going to end up, I am very confused on this new forum, and since I can't see what has been written I hope I don't forget anyone.  I think I am loving the old set up, must have been a man who set this up.

Jean - Hope all goes well for you today.

LindaL - Thank you for starting us today, have fun at your volunteer job and hope DH enjoys himself.

Bernie, Sorry the weather wasn't the best for your long weekend.

Mari Jane - Sorry can't remember what you wrote, but hope your day is going well.

Guess I better stop here and reread what was written.

We are having a beautiful day here today, we have had 5 inches of rain over the last 3 days, my poor flowers have taken a beating but are coming back since the sun is shining.  My grass was even laying flat this morning from the storms.  Guess if it is nice tomorrow we will be cutting grass, I think it has grown 3 inches in the last couple days. 

Off to try to do something constructive, and learn how to use this goofy forum.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Valued Contributor

snicks, You're in the same weather pattern as we are as far as temps go. It's sunny and nice, then 10 minutes later it's a downpour. I have no idea when they expect it to change, but anytime now would be fine.

Genny, I'm in North central PA. My aunt lives about an hour from you in Torrington. You had mentioned the beach in a post, and you and I talked about her area, and logistically where it was situated from yours. I love the colonial homes. Anything with a sense of history appeals to me. My purchases today would work great in your home. You're right about that. 

Susan, You'll get used to the new set up. It seems much easier today, and it's only day two. If I can do this, anyone can. I can't think of anyone less tech savvy than I am! lol

I took a break and watched a mix of shows. I was too pepped up with my finds to sleep! I have to hang the star again, and try out the branches to see where they'll be placed. The star needs to be higher than where I currently had hung a wallhanging, so I'll do that first chance I get. The hallway upstairs is actually one of my favorite areas in the house. It just so warm and cozy looking, and needs to be dressed nicely as it certainly gets lots of use. Hope everyone who posts later has had a good day! pinky

Respected Contributor

Thinking of jean. We made it safely to nyc.
Esteemed Contributor

LL, I am having trouble with my computer today. It is very slow & wasn't like this yesterday.  It looks you are in the heat of summer.  It is too bad your SIL 's truck needs repairs.  I hope that your DGD has surgery soon so can be on the mend.

Bird Mama, it is beautiful here today after a couple days of rain.  70's & sunny.  It is supposed to be 70's all week which I love.  I am so glad for the 4 seasons.

I had a cortisone shot in my shoulder this morning.  Then I had to drink 4 glasses of water so that I could have my pelvic ultrasound an hour later.  I am supposed to take it easy for 2 days as the Dr. doesn't want much arm movement.  I am waiting for the results of the ultrasound..  My Dr. may call this afternoon.  My arm hurts like crazy now, so I took a Tylenol.  He said that my shoulder should be completely better in two weeks or call him & he will do an MRI.  I am praying for quick healing.

Hugs to all of you for now.