Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 11)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day for the first day in many days and a day with no rain epected. Thursday, however, is expected to be another rainy day.

I got the notice that my PTR AD is in the process of shipping, along with the WEN mousse I ordered yesterday. I also got the notice that my Subscribe and Save order from Amazon is about to ship. I decided to delay most of the items until next month as they were pet food items Midnight doesn't need right now as we are trying a diet change with him.

I tried getting back into exercise this morning after dealing with the cat bite issue. It is amazing how quickly one can lose enthusiasm for exercise plus how one has to build up to the prior intensity again.

The finger is better but I have a regular appointment with my Primary tomorrow so I'm sure he will check the progress. This is what it looked like when I awakened Saturday and decided to go to Med Express. My  little pinky was swollen as was part of the hand adjacent to it with red streaks beginning to inch up hand. Now, it is red and yucky looking only around the puncture area.

catbite.jpg

Tomorrow is trash day so today, I'll be concentrating on discovering items for it. I've already cleaned out the back of the refrigerator. It is surprising what lurks in the recessess as they weren't frequently used. Note to self: remember what dressings and condiments you didn't love.

I really need to go through clothes and see what to keep and what to donate. I have too many, so if I just "like" it but don't love it enough to wear frequently, it will find a new home. My task right now is to avoid doing anything that will introduce bacteria or germs into the finger, which means no yard work yet. I have an area in which I need to put new landscaping fabric down as well as much.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JUNE 11)

Yikes, Jean. That was quite the bite, I am glad that you got it taken care of quickly. I have heard that cat bites can be very dangerous. 

The reorganizing ing seems to be constant. I think I told you that after removing bags of clothes, I put half of my summer things away and am functioning well on what is left. And I am on an only necessary purchase kick for a few months. 

Our weather has has been very cool...I ran the ac one day last week when the temp reached 90 with a lot of humidity. Today we may not reach 70.

i am dealing with a lot of pain due to my rheumatoid disease. Thank goodness my Dh is more than willing to grocery shop and do laundry.

((((Hugs)))) to all. 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat    Wowwie, your finger took a turn in such a short time frame Woman Surprised  I'm glad that you are on the mend. 

It's a beautiful, cooler sunny day here.  I think I'm going to indulge in a bubble bath as I ponder my agenda for the day.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh Barbara @sydsgma1   I'm so sorry to read about the pain you are experiencing.  My eldest sister had RA and fibromyalgia and I remember when she had bad days. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your finger is better, and it is sunny there.  Sunny here as well, with 100 degree plus highs expected for today, tomorrow, and Thursday at minimum.  We had a very tiny bit of rain last night, and the sky was weird looking for a while.

Good job with the refrigerator clean out and good luck with clothes sorting.  I find I need to do both often.  

Sorry you are in so much pain, Barbara.  Good that your DH is willing to help with various household chores.

Enjoy your bublebath, Bernie.  Sounds pretty nice to me -- probably something I should try.

I have the senior lunch program and gym today.  I'm trying not to stress over my very busy schedule the next few days -- I'm sure I'll get through it with no problem, but.....

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Barbara--I do hope your mission not to purchase wants for several months goes well. I am sorry about the pain. Sometimes, it is things like that which can motivate a purchase--sort of a "feel better" purchase. Our temps today are more like Fall.

Bernie--Enjoy that bubble bath; can be very relaxing.

Linda--I have every confidence in your ability to handle the upcoming busy schedule. 

I went outside and removed some aged  lawn decor so it can go in the trash tomorrow. Despite the sun, the ground is still very wet so that was all I did outside. I did return to exercising again today, so now that I feel I have met some goals, I think it is time to finish a novel. Then I will decide what to do inside the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.