Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 5th)

Good Evening!  Hope all of you have had a nice Tuesday.  It was hot here, but they are predicting hotter weather for the rest of the week with no chance of rain.  Oh well....

Glad you and your sister enjoyed getting together for the holidays, Bernie.  Staying indoors sounds like a good idea.

DD said that the fireworks were going on until about 11:00 p.m. in her neighborhood.  I know she doesn't like staying up late.  Not sure about the dogs.

The senior lunch program went pretty well today, except the suppliers forgot to bring the spinach salad.  I don't think any of the patrons realized that it was missing, but I was looking forward to it.  They still had a couple of my banana breads left, so I put one out.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it.  They asked me to help out again tomorrow, so I'll probably put out the other one then. 

I forgot to mention that Bev told me the area where I tried to deliver the package last Thursday isn't very safe.  In fact, one time when her late husband was riding his bicycle on the better of the two roads (not dirt) the police stopped him to say that people were shooting at cyclists in the area.  Yikes!  

Things went fine at the gym.  Nice group of regulars there -- most of them go every day, but they are kind to me.  

Hope everyone sleeps well.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 5th)

LindaLatte---Good thing you found out about that area.  We forget that we still need to be cautious in new areas. Thank heavens nothing happened to you. Could they mail the sypplies to those in the risky areas? Good thing you were safe on the trip. 

When we would visit Dad's ranch they had zero cell service and GPS.  Rescue was a chopper. Beautiful scenery but way too remote if I thought about it for too long.

Glad the luncheons are improving with attendance. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 5th)

Good grief Linda @LindaLatte   I'm glad that a man will be delivering to that area moving forward.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise