Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 28)

Hi Jean, thanks for starting the thread today.  Sometimes the shipping policies defy common sense :-)

Twinny - I hope you find the items you are looking for and that they are on sale to boot.

Barbara, my sister goes through the same thing a day or two after her infusion. 

LindaL - fingers crossed that your packing cubes get there in time.  I'm glad your knee feels better and that you've isolated the exercise that caused the pain.

Marijane - I'm glad your new IM pants fit well.  What colors did you buy?

Charlene - your children's trip went so quickly!  This is truly something they can cherish for the rest of their lives.

Kathleen - I'm happy that you like your new job and that things look good for your husband.

Karen - I bought a different bracelet and a new pair of shoes in the last week.  You are not alone in the shopping :-)  I'm sorry that your Dad isn't doing well and I will pray for him.  Be patient with yourself regarding the loss of your Mother.  There is going to be something for each season (especially in the first year) that will trigger sadness.  

I'm back to work today and it started off with a bang - 3 back to back conference calls.  Well, my lunchtime is over and I need to get back to the phones - I have another call.  I guess it's job security :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

We just got back home from our little shopping spree 20 miles down the road. I couldn't find a swimsuit coverup or note pad I wanted to get. I did get 2 bags of SF black licorice as we don't have it here in town & a tube of Revlon lipstick. It was on sale for $4.99 & I had a $3.00 coupon. DH got got a qt of oil for my moped, two bags of chips & gassed up our vehicle for $2.38 gallon while it is $2.65 in town. Ended up eating lunch at the hunting lodge for $1.00 & got a nice pulled pork sandwich, potato salad & watermelon to round out our meal. It rained where we were but high & dry here. We need rain so I hope we get some either tonight or this afternoon. It is humid but not too hot yet as it is cloudy. For some reason I cannot get my computer to do paragraphs after the switch. My keying was very slow but it is fast now. RC, I am glad that your job is working out well & hoping your DH finds something that he will like also. Anytime at the beach is fun for us. Good food is a plus. Glad that the jeep wasn't an expensive fix & sorry about you not having A/C in your car. SYDSGMA, Prayers for a good infusion without a lot of side effects tomorrow. We need rain so i hope we get it today or tonight. Thanks for telling me what you found in the boxes. When DH & I were decluttering our file cabinet 1 1/2 years ago I found pictures/baby cards of our newborn DC taken at the hospital. LL, You will be so happy when the new cupboards are done. Yes, it is hard to cook. We sold our old fridge & stove so had nothing except microwave & Nesco roaster for 3 months. Our entire kitchen had to be gutted so DH had to wash the dishes in a dish pan in the bath tub. I am glad that your knee is feeling better. Your schools start very early. The phone is ringing so after I get the call taken care of & hot tubbing out of the way i'll be back to finish up.
Esteemed Contributor

The phone call didn't amount to anything, but the hot tub was nice. BIRD MAMA, Job security is a good thing isn't it? I hope that you enjoy your new bracelet & shoes. I am enjoying the 3 new pairs of slides that I bought a while back. They all have memory foam & feel wonderful. Shoe shopping used to be easy until 14 years ago, now my feet are so sensitive. MARIJANE, I think our schools start before Labor Day this year as it is quite late. We usually start the Tuesday after as that is a state law. It has been hot & humid here but we need rain. The tomato plants love hot humid weather, so the heat is good for something I guess. Lobster roll, YUM! YUM! I don't know if we will be able to get to the east coast this year as there are lots of birthday's, anniversaries & my DH's 50th class reunion after Labor Day coming up. I am trying to figure out how we could do two weeks with an infusion being planned for next month too. CERB, I wondered when your DC would be home again. I bet that they are tired as it will be a long flight after much fun. I hate altering as it is faster for me to make something from scratch. KAREN, It is fun to have a real good shopping spree sometimes. Enjoy your purchases. It will be cooler tomorrow but then hot the rest of the week with maybe a little rain which we need. Prayers for your dad. 6 months isn't too long to grieve again. Christmas is a hard season for my family as my dad passed away very suddenly two weeks before. Even after 24 years, there is still an empty place at the table.
Trusted Contributor

Twinny have you checked lands end site for cover ups.....they have several and are on sale.

Prayers going out for your dad Karen....

I have been on a buying bing too starting with the Im s/v the other day...then going over to Linea..and I don't need a thing!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, Thanks for the Lands End idea. There isn't one in the town that we went to today, but next Weds. DH & I are planning to go to another rodeo about an hour away & I know where there is Land's End. How was the seafood lunch? Right now I am hungry for Clam chowder in a bread bowl from Quincy Market, fried shrimp basket from a walk up in ME & a lobster roll wherever I can find one. We have Red Lobster restaurants all over, but they are not the same. JEAN, Hopefully you had good news at your dentist. FHG, it is hot here too, but probably not as hot as where you are. Hopefully you are enjoying your pool.
Respected Contributor

Twinny I've never been in a Lands end but have bought half of DHs work shirts there. And love then. I agree a shopping spree can be good for me sometimes, as can a healthy break from buying. I got about 5 toss since I've been home but none lately.

Karen, so nice to see you pop in, And will be praying for Your dad. I know when i but a bunch, i don't feel so bad about returning what i don't like.

Marijane tell me what a lobster roll is. DH doesn't know either. We like can but it makes me sick too try to get it out - so i never have it. Any animal that seems like an animal on my plate i can live without. Ha ha! I eat less and less meat these days.
Respected Contributor

Bernie, i always try to look at the bright side (job security) too!

Had anyone heard from Pinky Ann? I was emailing but i got so depressed up there and quit emailing anyone. I hit to where i just felt bad for feeling bad - it happens. Glad I'm out of that situation
Now I'm trying to prepare for little DD leaving soon. Older DD not working yet but it sounds like she is happy and doing well in Colorado.
Esteemed Contributor

RC,  where will little DD be going?  I didn't know that your oldest DD was in CO.  I haven't heard from Pinky for a while.  I guess I need to do some catching up.

Honored Contributor

It looks like Pinky posted in the home forum yesterday.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise