Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 25)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I was waiting for someone with zest and motivation to start the thread. I guess we will be facing CIJ on the 25th of each month from now until the big event. I am one of those who finds the holidays and the reminders a little depressing.

I'm happy that Bernie's Bob Mackie blouse is a winner. I wish her much enjoyment in wearing it. I still have not made the decision to buy it despite how much I like it. Other than work, I don't have that many places to wear that beautiful blouse.

I considered going to the city today to grocery shop but just can't get myself motivated to do it. I started watching "Breaking Bad" again on Netflix as an alternate to CIJ programming. I also have a novel to finish, as well as some things around the house to do. The three hours on the road roundtrip to the city can wait for another day but the freezer is getting bare thus I will make the trip soon.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 25)

I have been on a bit of a shopping spree..yikes..I ordered the tsv shoes but think they will go back. I love barefoot dreams..have 2 pieces and they are so soft that they soothe my achy body. We head to Myrtle beach for 10 days next week. 

Jean...I find the CIj shows annoying. I love Christmas but more from the spiritual point...plus my favorite performance music is Christmas themed. Back in the day when I was in the professional choirs, I sang Messiah many times, and got to perform with Johmmy Mathis, Doc Severinson and Kathleen Battle those are great memories. 

We we always make a big donation to an Apache reservation near us in Az that is supported by our community plus we support a family from our church. I taught my kids that the greatest gift is to give to others.

i have had a hard month...could not get around easily for a while..but my meds finally kicked in.

i follow every one on the thread...(((((hugs)))to all.

Honored Contributor

Image result for tuesday blessings friends picsImage result for enjoy your day images

Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat and thanks for starting the thread. 

Christmas programming season is in full swing now for the Q.  We'll be getting a little bit of Christmas every time we turn around from now until mid December :-) 

I live alone and my social circle is small so I don't do open houses and entertaining that would warrant all that decorating.  Basically, I put up a tree, add a seasonal wreath to the front door, add some decor touches here and there and that's it.

I tend to get everything up before the end of November and take everything down MLK weekend in January. 

I did order something from CIJ the first weekend.  It was a piece by Plow and Hearth.   Snowman is approximately 12 or 13 inches tall.

No Image Found

We've always put up some kind of outdoor lights for the holidays.  Hubby was retired so when I would come home from work in the dark, he would have the exterior illumination on and I would get to see it.

After he died, I scaled back - lights around the front porch roof and along the gutter for the attached garage.  Some garland around my yard lamp post.  It looks cheerful and doesn't take forever to do. 

It kind of bums me out that I come home and then I turn the lights on.  I usually don't go running around once I get home from work so for the most part I don't get to see my lights.

The snowman will be going on my big windowsill on the bay window.  I will set the timer to his little illuminated jar to light up so I was have something fun to see when I pull into my driveway, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1  My favorite decor is my 'Jesus' table.  The mule chest in the living room becomes Snowman Central.  My coffee table is my Jesus table.  I have a couple of different nativities that I put on that table. 

I'm looking for a nativity that is rustic and different that I can keep up all year long.

Honored Contributor

Hey @meallen616  How you doing today?

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama,

Enjoying the first day of some cool weather, I was able to finish some gardening. I have the Q on with the Christmas shows, but, so far haven't ordered anything. I took advantage of the free shipping day we just had and ordered some candles to be delivered in mid September. Now it's time for some lunch,

Image result for small smiley face images

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends - Jean, thanks for getting us started.  I also can have a hard time getting motivated to do things, mostly in the summer when it's hot outside.  Sydsgma - I envy you having a nice voice, it must have been wonderful singing in choirs and with talented soloists.  I too, prefer to keep a spiritual focus on Christmas, and like you, I made sure my kids understand that it's important to give to those less fortunate than us.  Bernie - sounds like you decorate for Christmas an appropriate amount for you.  Nobody should be made to feel guilty for decorating too much or too little.  I enjoy watching the QVC Christmas shows until I start to see the same things over and over.  Then I watch something else, lol.  meallen - what type of gardening do you do?  Regular yard maintenance?  a flower garden?  vegetables?  I love pretty gardens.

Last night Finnegan jump on my dresser and broke a vintage glass dish.  That makes 2 vintage glass pieces that he's broken.  I was pretty mad at him, but had to remind myself that he's just a kitten and doesn't know better.

Today I'm just doing misc. indoor chores and doing more typing and paperwork sorting.  Nothing exciting, though I did change out my garden flag and flower wreath on the front door.  Frankly, I'm enjoy these quiet days.  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I don't remember so many CIJ shows in the past, but I may have just blocked it from my memory.  Way too much for me.  I have lots of decorations, especially for one who now lives alone and doesn't entertain.  My only defense is that I have cut back, and hope to cut back more each year.  I really liked the Slatkin candles in the past, but I have way too many candles already.  So, no TSV for me today.

Good idea to wait until you feel like going shopping, at least as long as there is something left to eat there.  I could probably go for a very long time with what I have on had, except for dairy, produce, etc.  That is another thing I'm trying to cut back on -- overabundance of food.

It must have been wonderful to be in those professional choirs, Barbara.  I know you have a beautiful voice, and I remember enjoying being in choirs in high school, etc.  Happy you are feeling better, and hope you have a great trip.

I am so happy you love the Bob Mackie top, Bernie, and your snowman is very cute.  I don't think I ever had the lights on when I came home from work, but in recent years I have put some lights on a timer.   It is certainly nice to come home to the lights.

Glad your weather is improving meallen.  More nice graphics today.

Sorry about your vintage dish, Charlene.  My work buddy has a pretty good philosophy about those sorts of things -- "it is only stuff", but I know that I would be unhappy.  Hopefully, this will be the last piece Finnegan breaks.  I used to enjoy gardening very much, but our climate really makes that difficult.  Oh well....

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  It rained yesterday, and was cloudy on my walk this morning, but they are predicting dry and hotter days starting today.  So, the AC will get another workout.  The senior lunch program went okay, but there were some new people and latecomers who got us off of schedule a bit.  Nothing too disruptive, but.....

I'll be going to the gym soon, and then I'll visit DH.  I was thinking about Jean and the exercise equipment.  I remember buying quite a few pieces of equipment in Maryland (my houses were much larger).  Some I used a lot, but others not very much.  I felt bad that I had spent the money and then not used the equipment much.  It is easier here since there is less room, and I have access to a gym nearby.  

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@cerb,

Trimming the shrubs, weeding, regular yard maintenance, and, just taking care of my seasonal flowers . It seems just when I get caught up in front, the back needs more work again! It keeps me busy...

Related image