Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 18)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm taking a break from scrubbing and steaming the bathroom.

Right now, I'm watching the Denim & Co show. I have that crinkle top and tank in black that is on clearance.  I wore the top more with a black  short sleeve or 3/4 sleeve black top than with a tank. I'm just not a big tank wearer as usually the arm holes are too big.

My Black and Decker dust duster that is about five years old died. I have been checking them out on Amazon but I saw one presented this morning on the Q with free shipping and for a 20v one  was about $10 less than Amazon's price for a 20v one. I decided to get the Q version as the reviews were good.

I haven't checked to see if the Bob Mackie blouse that Bernie and I like has been presented. I really like that blouse but wasn't going to stay up to 1am for the night presentations..

A "new way to age?" I guess Suzanne Somers is bringing her line to the Q. I don't think I need any new potions, etc. as I am well-stocked. Resistance is not futile in this case.

Tomorrow, I go for the bladder scope in which they insert the scope into the bladder. No anesthesia will be required; just numbing but the last time this was done without anesthesia, the doc found a small cancerous spot returning and with my permission, snipped it out. Yes, it hurt but it saved coming back on another day and another co-pay, etc. Get it done and get it over with is my motto

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JULY 18)

@KonaKat  Good Morning Jean - I was looking at the insides of my eyelids (sleeping) at 1 am.  I see that Bob has another show this evening, so 5 will get me 10 our blouse will be shown tonight.  The 3 easy pays are still in effect, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thanks for the reminder. I will not miss the show. I was looking at the "Click Here" measurements and debating what size to order.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I know what you mean about the arm holes of tanks, but I have had good luck lately.  Sounds like you got a good deal on that duster.  You are ambitious with your cleaning today.  Hope the bladder scope tomorrow goes okay, and they don't find any new issues.

You and Bernie are funny about that Bob Mackie top.  I watched part of the program last night, just to see if it was presented.  Hope that you and Bernie finally have a chance to see it today.  I had not remembered about the long sleeve issue until Bernie mentioned it.  I guess I am so used to 3/4 sleeves, which I love.  I have been following a Linea top, and now I'm concerned that the sleeves on it would be too long for me.  It is on waitlist in any case, and I do not need another top for sure..

It was pretty nice on my walk this morning (not too hot), but now I'm having trouble with humidity.  It is still much less humid than it would be in Maryland, but humid for here.  Parts of our area had rain yesterday, but not here.  I did see a few more shrubs/small trees had fallen down in the neighborhood.

Strong bones class and the lunch went well yesterday as did my visit with DH.  They were playing 80's music on their TV (it is a music station), and I really enjoyed some of the songs.  DH loves it when I sing along or dance to the music.

Today I have the senior lunch program and then I'll be going to the gym before I visit DH.

Waves to all of our posters and readers. Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I saw the Black & Decker too.  Ours doesn't work very well so I use our canister vacuum but that hand would be much easier.  Good luck with your procedure tomorrow.

I got up early & did my walk before it gets hot.  80's today & then the dreaded 90's.

I am having another allergic attack swelling up my upper lip.  It is a good thing that I see my GP tomorrow.  I look like a clown.  The swelling started about 1 1/2 hours ago.  I immediately went to get a few groceries as I did not look good.  My lip is probably 10x it's normal size.  

I took 2 allergy tablets at 9:00 & will be going to bed real soon.  Drowsiness is setting in real quickly.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I love 3/4 length sleeves so that is what I'm typically wearing, but that Mackie blouse was so striking that when Bernie first mentioned it, I overlooked the long sleeve aspect. Thanks to Bernie for mentioning that she had to see the sleeves when worn.

Twinny--Those hand vacs are great for quick pick ups and for use in cleaning the car. I really hope the allergy tablets work and that the swelling in your lips go down. If you start having other issues, you might want to see the doctor today.

I think my cleaning urge has disappeared. I need to go to town and visit t he Post Office as I have had my Prime Day packages sitting there since Friday when I had the colonoscopy. The afternoon will be reading as usual.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry about your lip, twinny.  Hope you are better soon.

Honored Contributor

Image result for tuesday friends thoughts images

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic.

I made the run to town to pick up my mail. Included was the August Insider. I'll check it out later, but right now I'll be having lunch and then reading.

Honored Contributor

One thing that I have always appreciated about QVC is the garment measurements.  Short of one or two items that had huge armholes that no one could have predicted (lol) the garment measurements being available have saved me from so many returns.

When I was a kid, they didn't have 'tall kids' clothing.  I think one trip to Sears with my dad traumatized me from a sleeves perspective.  He was shopping for a winter jacket for me.  I can see it like it was yesterday, a wool blend gray jacket (kind of like a peacoat shape).  Even then, my arms were long and my Dad's solution to 'marginal sleeves' as he called them (not quite long enough) was to size up in the coat.  Let's just say I was a skinny kid and didn't have enough body for that coat. 

That's part of the reason I fell in  love with JCP - they had tall ladies clothing that actually had sleeve length I needed. 

With pants, I could try to take down a hem or buy guys jeans.  Yeah the waist was often a little big and I needed to wear a belt, but the first time I put on jeans with a 34 inch inseam I felt like I was in heaven.

I'm officially rambling now, Back to Bob Mackie Woman Tongue

When I bought Bob's white t-shirt with the 3 embroidered birds on it in May, I ordered the small.  I feel like I am broad shouldered so I really pay attention to the " across back shoulder seam to seam" measurement.  The t-shirt fits me with still a little room - at my age I am not wearing something that clings to me like saran wrap.

When I saw that magnificent blouse, the first thing I did compare the measurements between the t-shirt and the blouse.

The measurements in the blouse in size small are all at least 1/2 an inch longer/bigger than the t-shirt which I think is good since a blouse should be a little more breezy and loose.  Providing the long sleeves are not too short, I'd order the small in the blouse.

Not for nothing, I happened to stumble across a One Day Only Mackie fleece moto inspired moto jacket - A283732.  Oh Lawd - that teal is screaming my name.  I like the length and the sleeves on this one looked pretty good on Leah and the rest of the models.

Bob Mackie's Fleece Jacket with Pockets and Zipper Detail - A283732

If that wasn't bad enough, I see Denim & Co has a new chambray blazer in olive.  I can't begin to tell you how I have been stockpiling everything in olive since last year, including shoes.

Denim & Co. Long Sleeve 3 Button Chambray Blazer - A292965

I think I will be able to put ^^^^^ out of my mind because it kinda looks wrinkled and rumpled on the model. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise