Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY JULY 14)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I'm back from my second WalMart grocery pick-up, and it went quite well.  No problem with the parking lot today, perhaps since it was a Tuesday rather than Friday.  One item I had ordered was not available, which is too bad, but fortunately not a critical item.

It is a bit cooler today, with a high of 103 degrees predicted.  At least we don't have an "excessive heat warning" today.  It is supposed to be cooler next weekend with highs "only" in the upper 90's.  Fortunately, it was nicer on my early morning walk.

I saw that Road Scholar tours are now canceled through September, so I guess they weren't too surprised when I moved my trip to next September.

Others may know about it already, but I just recently learned about Norwex cleaning cloths, etc.  Our former poster, Kelli has a sort of on-line party going on (think remote "house party" with demonstrations of the product).  I became interested since Kelli posted a before and after picture on Facebook of her carpet with a pet stain.  Expensive stuff, but hopefully worth it and will save on paper towels and cleaners.

The virus continues to be a major issue in Arizona, but no new restrictions of note.  I am taking it very seriously.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY JULY 14)

NY here  --  no new restrictions, but Gov Cuomo just put out school re-opening guidelines which, he said, are dependent upon the virus percentage staying at 5% or less in the school district.  If the area exceeds that mark, the school have to return to distance learning.  Not sure I caught the other guideline correctly, but I feel as if he said all schools in the state would have to go to distance learning if the percent of cases rose to 9% anywhere in the state.

We're 1.5 percent now in our area;  the real question is how to keep us there.  I don't have a dog in the shool race, so I just watch.  

What I have seen in NY where I've been is close to 100% masked, but I know there are the naysayers.  I know personally 2 naysayers in the Phoenix area -  but both tested positive for Covid 19, so I'm hoping being ill and missing the paychecks made them realize this virus is serious!

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, our cooler weather has been in the 70's  during the day and low 60's at night.  Today we will be in the mid 80's with 90's by the end of the week.  I have been walking early & it's been lovely.  I am glad that you could change your Sept. trip to next year. I am glad that I am not the only one thinking about what to do with every little thing.  I lay awake at night and think about all kinds of crazy things.  

I had my labs & Dr's.  visit this morning &  all is well. I asked my GP about returning to church and asked about wearing a mask.  She said if there is singing going on,  a mask is no good.  They are singing 4 different hymns during the service.  I will be doing a little more thinking about what I feel safe doing.  Our church is small with 30-40 people attending.  She also told me that Culver 's is doing indoor dining & they are safe distancing nicely.  Another thing to think about.  

Then we ordered a take out lunch from our favorite Chinese restaurant.  

On Sunday afternoon, my sil called and asked us if we wanted to go to their place for a safe distancing visit on their deck.  They are both very careful with this virus and we felt safe.  Then we had hot dogs on the grill.  My DH was able to go see his mom for a few minutes, as she lives in the same town.  My bil sold his eye clinic and is happy about retiring.  His dw retired 10 years ago after being a Hospice nurse for about 20 years.  Ava,  their dgd is recovering from Lyme's Disease.  She was misdiagnosed by a Dr. in the Urgent Care which made things worse.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and in the 80's today. It seems like a relief with suffering thru the 90's for so many weeks. No rain in the forecast for ten days so I'll have to remember to water. 

Today hasn't been a very productive day for me. I tried to pay bills on line but the bank is having an issue. I hope that it's fixed by tomorrow. I (at least) organized the stack of paperwork that needs attention. (reitrement stuff, etc.) so I don't feel that the desk is out of control. The vet's office has been sending 1 or 2 postcards a week about all the tests and medication due for the dogs. I have appointments booked. It would much easier if you could get "in" or get an appointment booked at a reasonable wait time but the virus has them running at 1/3 staff. Well, at least I have the postcards organized so I know what I can pick up ahead of the exams. 

I have the usual grocery shopping on my "to do" list for one day this week. There are a few other stops I will have to make or place an order online. It will depend on my migraine. I've been dealing with an "ugly" one since Friday so I hope it eases up soon. I have chronic, severe migraine and some other health issues but i just adjust the day according to what is managable. 

The doe has been around all day. Ir's nice to see but I fear that we are her buffet center. LOL

Stay safe & comfy.

Esteemed Contributor

Millieshops, welcome to the boards.   We enjoy listening to Andrew Cuomo too.  It's too bad more people didn't do what he did.  We are in WI, which isn't real bad yet, but the naysayers drive me crazy.  My DH and I wear a mask whenever we are shopping, dental appointments & they are mandatory for Dr. visits. Plus we are safe distancing & hand washing as much as we can.  It's getting to be our new normal.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hadn't gone grocery shopping since July 3rd and my fridge was looking pretty sad so I made it a point to visit Meijer's this morning.  I was at the store before 9 am and noticed an employee standing by the door making sure folks had masks on.  His name was Aaron and I asked him how it was going enforcing masks.  He said maybe 1 in 30 people have to turn around and go back to the car to get a mask and maybe 1 in 100 get ugly.  

Our governor is requiring businesses refuse entry to people without masks so I have to assume the business didn't want to be fined or anything which is why the guy was posted by the door.

I was in and out.  They didn't have benefiber, ice cream sandwiches or my renuzit 3 pack air fresheners.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and in the 80's today. It seems like a relief with suffering thru the 90's for so many weeks. No rain in the forecast for ten days so I'll have to remember to water. 

Today hasn't been a very productive day for me. I tried to pay bills on line but the bank is having an issue. I hope that it's fixed by tomorrow. I (at least) organized the stack of paperwork that needs attention. (reitrement stuff, etc.) so I don't feel that the desk is out of control. The vet's office has been sending 1 or 2 postcards a week about all the tests and medication due for the dogs. I have appointments booked. It would much easier if you could get "in" or get an appointment booked at a reasonable wait time but the virus has them running at 1/3 staff. Well, at least I have the postcards organized so I know what I can pick up ahead of the exams. 

I have the usual grocery shopping on my "to do" list for one day this week. There are a few other stops I will have to make or place an order online. It will depend on my migraine. I've been dealing with an "ugly" one since Friday so I hope it eases up soon. I have chronic, severe migraine and some other health issues but i just adjust the day according to what is managable. 

The doe has been around all day. Ir's nice to see but I fear that we are her buffet center. LOL

Stay safe & comfy.

Fressa, it looks like you are busy with making appts. & taking care of paper work.  Not a fun but necessary thing to get taken care of.  I am sorry that you are battling a migraine.  Our grocery shopping day is Thursday morning and it's been enjoyable.  Most people are masked & the grocery stores aren't very busy.  I saw a 🐇🐇🐇 eyeing my tomato plants on Sunday and I shooed him/her away. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, are you getting our 70's weather yet?  It is going to be in the 90's too soon for me.  We are supposed to get rain this afternoon and tomorrow.  My DH just got done mowing the lawn. We have had the windows open 4 nights in a row

I have bar b cue in the crockpot for supper which I made yesterday.  I think it's always better the next day.  I am making strawberry rhubarb muffins for breakfast tomorrow morning.

I am not looking forward to my dental appointment on Thursday.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  Monday and Tuesday was kind of nice until mid afternoon when I had to kick the A/C on.  Today isn't too hot but the air is humid.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise