Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JANUARY 25)

[ Edited ]

Greetings, shopping friends. Today was retirement pay day, so I double checked the bank to see that it had been deposited and also balanced my checking account. I also finished paying some bills online.

I did watch Denim & Co. but it was primarily background entertainment as I paid the bills. I am just seeing the TSV being presented. I like the Spenco line so I will take a closer look at the TSV.

I was to have an orthopedic appointment early today, but the roads were icy. from the snow then rain that had frozen overnight. I chickened out. The next available appointment was March 3 for that doctor.

That is fine as there isn't much he can do now. I first must get the heart situation under control, and I can't do that until I get a hospital bed so they can administer this new drug and observe any negative results--and rescue me if needed. Hopefully, this will happen before March but our state is being overwhelmed with Covid. The National Guard isnow present in over 20 hospitals to provide support services for which they have been trained. 

I definitely feel that the TSV might be coming home to me. The arch support in the Spenco line is good and I see these being worn on my planned birthday getaway in April. 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JA.NUARY 25)

Hi Everyone!

Well, we have more snow and cold temps but not in the single digits. The hubby has been snowblowing twice a day to keep a path for the driveway and any deliveries and in the patio area for the dogs. He's very pleased with his SnowJoe Snowblower. He really likes that it's so quiet he can get out there sooner than later. We gave all of our gas powered yard equipement to our grandson for use at his house. 

We've had the herd of deer bedding down in the yards for the last two nights. Last night we had one or two next to the windows where they usually put their fawns and one on the front porch. Interesting.

KomKat--I have to say that the TSV caught my eye. That Spenco footbed has me intrigued if it would help with the pressure on my reconstructed leg/foot. I'm still thinking about them. 

I did watch D&Co and liked a sweater and the jogger suit. I'm not ordering either yet because the sizing is always a question. I'm not finished with the clothing decluttering but could use both of them from what I have currently.I have a gift card to use so I may apply that to the shoes or one of the items. Not sure.

I still need to purchase a new dehumidifyer for the laundry room .Crossing my fingers for a sale at the appliance store.  I found an article in Consumer Reports that listed 25 brands that are on the watch list for fire hazard.! I checked the prices just to get an idea and they are near what a mini freezer costs. I'm always in a state of "sticker shock". 

We filled up the Subaru Legacy yesterday and it just under $4/gallon. At least we got gas and there wasn't  a long line. What more can hope for these days.

Glad everyone is coming along from their booster shots, etc. Still keeping those in need in my prayers.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JANUARY 25)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Probably a good idea to wait on your appointment given the weather and your heart issues.  Hopefully, the hospital situation in your area will improve soon.  Things are certainly not good in Arizona.  Glad I was not planning any medical procedures, etc. 

I have never ordered Spenco shoes, but the TSV does look nice.  Hope you and Fressa enjoy them if you decide to order.  I am trying to resist ordering, but I may do so.  I saw some Denim & Co. items that I liked, but I am not ordering due to lack of need.

Glad your DH is so happy with the snowblower, and good luck with finding a dehumidifier that is safe and reasonably priced, Fressa.

The handyman called back yesterday afternoon, and he will be coming on February 1st.  I was pleased when he said that he could figure out what I need to repair the dryer hose, etc., and pick them up at the local hardware store and do the job on the same day.  I was afraid that he would want me to order parts, and need to come back. 

My visit to the lawyer went very well.  She provided clarification on several things that I didn't think about before DH died, and helped me figure out some additions to hopefully make things easier for DD.  

I plan to go to the gym this afternoon.  It was chilly again this morning, but they are predicting a high of 70 degrees today.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Greetings to all. Unlike Fressa and Jean, our weather here in the valley of the sun is quite lovely. We tend to be a few degrees warmer than where Linda is. My Mn kids are below zero again today.

i finished my clothes purge and I did a dropped off 8 bags at a local thrift store. yikes. I have lost enough weight to go down ne or 2 sizes and I got rid of my too big clothes. No more coming in. Lol

my Dh is doing pretty well...we met his nurse for the first time yesterday and like her a lot. He sleeps a lot but is very alert when he is awake. I am learning to pace myself better.

Jean, sorry about the icy roads, but understand. We drove through your state years ago in the summer and I could not imagine driving them in ice. Fingers crossed that a bed opens up for you soon. Az is rampant with Covid. I am not out a lot.

Fressa..glad the snowblower is good. In Mn, we had to have a huge snowblower for all of the snow we had. Love that you have lots of deer.

Linda..I am happy that the financial person worked out for you. Good too that your handyman is available. Hope you get to the gym..

greetings to our posters and readers. I am very content.

💖💖🌵🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, retirement pay is a fun day.  We get ours tomorrow.  It's a good thing that you cancelled your appt. especially since you don't have a hospital bed yet.  I will have to look at the Spenco TSV. I have not tried them.

Linda L, I am glad that your handy man can get the part locally. It's probably cheaper that way.  I am glad that you liked your lawyer.  We want to update our Will etc. in the near future as we used Mom's lawyer when she died almost 6 years ago.  Still seems like yesterday.

Fressa, how nice to see the deer herd in your backyard.  We got 4" of snow on Monday and 2" yesterday.  My dh was happy to be able to use his snowblower that we bought last Fall.  It's cold today and again tomorrow.  Then nice for a couple of days.

Sydsgma, it's nice to see that you are pacing yourself and your dh is doing better & is very content. You did a good job of purging your clothes.  Your weather is a far cry from MN.   I always said I was glad that we lived in S. WI instead of the northern part of the state.  MN would be in that category too.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

It's a beautiful sunny cold day.  Tomorrow our schools & senior center will be closed because of the -temps.  I am glad that we went to the gym yesterday and today.  Only 4 of us there so it was nice.  

We got our first Covid19 shot a year ago tomorrow.  I am so glad to be boosted too.  

I have a big pot of stew in the oven for supper.  

Our 2nd dgs is 19 years old today.  He was born on a very cold day.  I am glad that he is doing his classes all online.  He has had a gf for 3 years and it has done him a world of good.  She has been accepted to Pharmacy School in the Fall.   

Nothing exciting going on right now.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Jean I thought the TSV Spenco shoe looked nice.  I hope you enjoy it and it meets your expectations.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JA.NUARY 25)

It seems any and all appliances are really expensive these days @Fressa   I'm hoping nothing major like my fridge or washer breaks, lol.  It seems like you can't find what you want and what you don't want is through the roof price-wise.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you won't have to wait too long for the handyman to fix your dryer hose @LindaLatte   It's good to read that the lawyer appointment went well.

Honored Contributor

Barbara @sydsgma1  My in laws are in Mesa and Chandler and I imagine their weather is similar to yours.   I'm glad that you are learning to pace yourself and I know it can be easier said than done.  I'm happy to read that V is doing well.