Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 26)

Good morning, shopping friends. The temperature is increasing today which has a great effect on the accumulated snow. Now, just to keep the white stuff away as we have had enough.

Resistance is not futile or so they say. I watched the Denim & Co. show. I have three of those 3/4 sleeve Denim jackets. Theyare fabulous, so I am tempted to get another color. I checked my order status and see that the last one I ordered was two years ago.

I've checked my accounts online and all is well. I will venture to the Post Office today as I haven't gotten the mail in a week. There accidentally could be something important. I do know my insurance gadget that measures my driving habits  is there, having arrived yesterday afternoon.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 26)

Jean, thanks for starting us off today.  I received my work anniversary award bracelet yesterday.  It's well made and when on my skinny wrist, fits more like a bangle, lol.

Denim & Co has brought some cute things over the past couple of months.  I used to buy many pieces.  Last year I bought a jacket and a vest. 

Denim & Co. Railroad Striped Denim Jacket with Long Sleeves - A267376Denim & Co. Quilted Button Front Vest with Pockets - A270167

I wear both of them so I think I'll get my money's worth.  QVC increased the prices on their fashion when the s/h fees were reduced so an item really has to speak to me before I pay what they are asking.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You are so right about the increase in price. When I last bought that jacket, it may have been on intro pricing but today it is $5 higher. So far, I haven't hit the submit button on it. Enjoy your bracelet!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone, and thanks @KonaKat, for starting the thread. Glad snow is disappearing in your area. Temps and wind are not good here today, but a warmup is supposed to start again tomorrow. I actually watched most of the D&C program this morning, the jackets look nice. I do have a D&C denim jacket, so it may indeed be that one, not sure. Hope the toe is feeling better today. I was not thinking you were being a wimp about it. I know from experience how painful it can be.

@Bird mama, I am glad your bracelet is nice, hope you enjoy it for many years to come. I think the one D&C jacket is the only remaining thing of that line that is still in my closet. I think I am just 'over it', at least for now. It would have to be something really really special for me to click that button these days, lol.

I received an invitation to the 20 year appreciation anniversary party from my last employer this morning. It's been over 3 years now since I retired, still debating whether I will attend, it is a 2 hour drive, one way, and only him and maybe at most 2 others still there that I would know, don't know how many of those I worked with have also been invited, I would assume several, but..... a lot will depend on if I have my car back from hubby or not. I don't want to risk taking a loaner car into the city, you never know how reliable those cars may or may not be. And of course the weather will still be iffy ( the party is Feb 11). I will decide in a couple days. Continued with more housework this morning, stripped the bed and have the comforter hanging out in the wind. Steaks for a change for dinner tonight. Have a great day. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--The appreciation dinner souinds very nice especially since  retirees are invited. As you said, several factors enter into your decision, so I know you will make the decision best for you. Upredictable weather plus a strange car is not a good combo.

I went to town to get the mail that has accumulated for a week. I did get the insurance discount gadget and installed it, which I hope I did correctly. I then decided to take the car for an outing to see if it gathered info. That I won't know until about 24 hours minimum as it takes time to upload to the site,, etc. All I can say is that I was followed on the return trip by the State Police in one of their 4-wheel drive vehicles. Trust me, I was such an excellent driver on the return trip. I didn't deviate from my usual driving techniques in this area but there is something about a policeman following me that makes me be extra careful.

It is raining right now which started while I was out driving. It is a good time for Midnight and I to discover the Kindle. I'm half way through a thriller which is very good.

Esteemed Contributor

JEAN, I am glad that your temps are getting better.  I did enjoy watching D & Co. this morning & do like the jacket that you have several of.

Bird Mama, You also made some nice purchases with your vest & jacket.  Denim & Co. along with SS were my favorites.

SNICK'S, I keep hoping to see something special but nothing has made me race to the phone.

We got 2" of snow overnight & it is mild again today.  I made a batch of SF Brownies today & I plan to take some to mom soon.

DH & I are going to the fairly new Cheesecake restaurant for lunch tomorrow.  Since this is a first for us, I would like menu suggestions.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Enjoy making the SF brownies and the visit with your mother. The Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite restaurants but we don't have one in our state. The menu is huge...and the servings are huge. It is really hard to select one but you might want to look at the menu in advance online. There are more than 250 items made fresh daily:

http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/

The Bang Bang Chicken and Shrimip is one of my favorites is you like Thai food. The Cajun Jambalaya Pasta is another favorite.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  Glad your snow may be melting, and I hope you don't get any more.  I'm sure you will make the right decision on the jacket.  One of the things I have been doing when I de-clutter is decide to donate one of the multiples I have if I wear one much more than the other.  Sometimes, I wear both a lot, but other times it is pretty easy to let go of the duplicate color.

DD finally made it out to the store this morning.  She was able to pick up some food and milk, which is good.  The pharmacy let her know that a couple of prescriptions for her DH were available, but they are closed and the parking lot is not cleared.  So, she won't be picking them up until later this week.  The schools were closed again today.

I like both of those D&Co items Bernie.  But, I agree -- the increasing prices are decreasing my purchases.  I am much less likely to take a chance on a new item these days, and I hate paying considerably more for an item that I purchased in the past.

That party sounds very nice, snicks.  But, I would be cautious about driving in bad weather as well.  Good for you with your housecleaning.

Have fun at the Cheesecake Factory, twinny.  Hope you and your Mom enjoy the brownies.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Charlene, Barbara, spix, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

I took DH to the "club" this morning, and I had time for a nice walk before going to my volunteer job (senior lunch program).  That went well, and I plan to go to the gym this afternoon before I go to pick up DH.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I will be driving up to see our broker tomorrow -- I need to take some more papers, etc.  I will need to drop DH off promptly and hope the traffic isn't too bad since my appointment is at 10:00.  Hopefully, this is a one-time thing.  If things go okay, I will probably stop at COSTCO on the way back.  

The social worker came yesterday, and it went much better than the last time.  

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

JEAN, Thanks for the suggestion to look at the menu online.  This Cheesecake restaurant opened up in the capital city in November in the mall where we go to JCP.  I don't know of any others in our state.  I am also terrified when I have a patrol car behind me.  I have only ever had one minor accident 45 years ago but I got a 20.00 ticket.  I don't speed either.

SNICK's, I forgot to tell you to enjoy the retirement party if you go to it.

LINDA L, Your plate is certainly full.  Good luck with the brokerage guy.  

Mom was quite confused & a little feisty when we left today.  I hope that she behaves for her caretaker tonight.