Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. I was originally scheduled to work today but I cancelled yesterday when I was developing a  headache and stomach issues.

I didn't get much sleep last night but awakened at 6:30 and decided since I was off, I would take care of a nasty chore after I ate breakfast. Yesterday, Windows tried to download its latest security download but couldn't complete it because of some error. I tried again this morning with the same result. I then tried the Windows Support online "fix-it" and it detected some corrupted files which it repaired. I then tried the download again which after two hours, gave me a failed download message.

When I went to use the Windows Update Assistant, it informed me that I needed the latest version of Windows 10 but the version it showed was the version I had before the last update. Apparently that update was corrupted. We are now trying it again to get the latest version and then hopefully the security download. Gr-r-r-r-r-r!

I once used Dr. Denese and liked it but I must have built up a tolerance or something to it, and began to find it didn't work well enough for me to justify the cost. Granted the TSV price is good for all that is included, but I really hate multiple products in skin regimins. At my age, one or two products that work are sufficient for me. Give me a good cleanser and a moisturizer.

I did 60 minutes of exercise this morning while watching ER while the failed download was taking place. I have lost 4 pounds this month. The shopping diet is also going well.

I am expecting a delivery from Amazon of a shredder to replace the one that died last year. A couple of months of doing without it convinced me that it needed replaced. I'm still waiting for the IT cosmetics item ordered on January 13. When last seen, it was in Ohio  having gone from Virginia to North Carolina and then to Ohio. The shredder is a need but obviously the IT cosmetics item is a "want," and from the time it is taking to get here, I may not want it.

Our temps did reach the high 60s yesterday but are in the 40s today where they are expected to remain the rest of the week. This is my idea of Winter....cooler temps and little snow as snow creates travel problems in areas of crooked,  hilly and narrow roads.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN 23)

Hello shopping friends - it was hectic for me yesterday and I didn't have the pep to post by the end of the day.

Jean I'm sorry you are not feeling well today.  I still run a computer that has windows 7.  I don't let any windows update anything automatically and I'm using conservative when I choose the updates I want.  I usually do a couple at a time.  I guess I lost my mind on Saturday because later in the evening I decided to update a couple of 'critical' and 'optional updates) that were going to make my computer 'reconfigure'.

Everything went well until my screen went pale blue and I missed the message that the computer was reconfiguring.  I panicked after a couple of minutes and restarted the computer in safe mode, lol.

To be honest, I was beside myself because my computer has nearly 80 GB of Prince (musician) related content on the computer.

Eventually everything came up just fine.  I will be heading over to Best Buy this weekend and I will be buying a big peripheral storage drive.  I'll probably go with Western Digital brand. 

I swear I could hear my husband from the great beyond saying, did you learn nothing from me?  He was a computer geek.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope you feel better.  Those sorts of computer things drive me completely crazy.  A shredder is a "need" for me as well.  Glad you were able to get in some exercise and have lost weight.  Way to go!  I was thinking that I am amazed that I have never purchased a convection oven.  I have bought so much kitchen stuff over the years, and I understand they are nice to have.  But, I think that time has passed for me.  Fingers crossed on resisting that one.  I have also never tried Dr. Denese, but I see that her products usually get good reviews.  Still thinking about it.  Also still thinking about the language program.  Going back and forth a lot.  

Hope you get your computer back-up done, Bernie.  DH had so many back-up drives, and I keep forgetting to do that myself.  I need to get that done ASAP.  I imagine you will have many hectic days before you retire.  I spent so much time organizing things for my replacement, and I think I wasted a bunch of my time.  No one seemed interested, and she only showed up the afternoon of my last day.  I stayed until after 7:00 p.m., but there was just way too much information to convey in an afternoon.  Hope you have better luck with your three replacements.  It is pretty weird that they don't want to admit that they don't know everything you do.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  DH was very sleepy yesterday, but he ate okay.  The senior lunch program went well, but there was a shortage of bananas (dessert).  They only sent enough for the "hot meal" participants, and nothing at all for the salad bar people.  Fortunately, some people didn't want dessert and a couple were willing to part with their bananas.

I'll be going to the gym soon, and I'll visit DH later.  Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon, Jean - thanks for getting us started, and I'm sorry that you're not feeling well.  Bernie - you sound much more talented on a computer than I am.  Is your car nice and clean now?  Linda - glad that your DH was eating well.  I've been better the past 2 weeks about getting my steps in.  I feel encouraged when I think about how faithful you are.

Not much going on around here.  The weather is cool and sunny.  We still have some flowers blooming, and the citrus is ripening on the trees.  I got quite a few chores done today, which is good.  I'm making homemade french bread and refried bean soup for dinner tonight.  

Waves to all ~ Charlene