Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN 21)

Good Afternoon!  I could not find out thread, so I hope this isn't a repeat.

It has been rainy and cool here today, but I think the rain has stopped.  It should be warmer on Thursday.

I am back from the senior lunch program, and I may go to the gym.  I can't do several of my usual machines, but I can do some of them.  

DD's family are proud owners of a new tiny puppy.  He is three months old, but a "toy" breed (combination of poodle and chihuahua, I think).  She send me his picture, and he is quite adorable.  They have been dog-less for quite a while, but my SIL loves dogs, and the kids pitched in to get him this puppy.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone is having a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN 21)

Good morning shopping buddies!

Hi @LindaLatte!  It is a rainy day here with a peek or two of sunshine, and is expected every day this week, but that is no surprise in  this part of the pacific northwest😊. At least the snow/ice is behind us for now, because it was a doozy last week.(whew)

I purchased some beautiful mini hurricanes by Valerie this morning, and can't wait until they arrive.

Working out just doesn't always agree with us, but I am glad you are going to try. My right knee really likes to act up when it is cold and rainy from an old injury, so I have to modify my routine as well. We have beautiful trails everywhere but, I can't even trail walk because of the weather.🙁

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. You are so good about keeping active in some way with your fitness program. I know the new puppy will bring DD's family much pleasure.

Sandy--Enjoy your miniature hurricanes by Valerie. Yes, cold weather can create problems with the joints, especially the knees. Have you tried Leslie Sansone's walking programs to use when the weather is bad?

I worked today and will again tomorrow in the same position. It is a sub's dream job as this teacher has  high expectations of students, is always well prepared and students respect her and don't create problems as she immediately takes care of the student and follows up on sub notes. It was snowing and slick when I went to work but sunny and warmer when I came home.

I went to the drugstore afterwards to pick up my Xarelto for a 90 day supply which is cheaper that way, and with Xarelto you want the cheapest approach to buying. I really needed it Sunday but they were out, but now I'm ready to go. I got careless and didn't realize I needed a new prescription so there was no automatic refill. It is good that I have insurance as the out of pocket cost for 90 days is $1,709. I only had to pay $98 thanks to insurance.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  such exciting news about the puppy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi @SandySparkles   I hope the new mini hurricanes are winners.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  insurance is a god-send for these expensive drugs.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama Thank you! I will post a picture once I have decorated with them. My only dilemma now is, where to put them.😁

@KonaKat  I have never tried anything from her, but just went to Amazon, and see she has dvds with excellent reviews, so I am going to take a chance and purchase a few. It  sounds like an excellent way to get a work-out in when the weather doesn't permit. Thank you so much!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I have used and enjoyed Leslie's DVD's (earlier VCR tapes) for many years.  And, my daughter enjoys them as well.  Hope you find them useful and fun.