Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 20)

Good morning, shopping friends. I was up bright and early as the phone rang offering me a sub job. I declined as my toe is still making it difficult for me. I did boot up in order to take 3 bags of trash to the curb for pickup. I had no desire for it to stick around in the house until the weather made it possible for the trash service to operate again.

With the car recently purchased and payments to begin next month, I made a new budget. I did not include sub money in the budget as it is not guaranteed income.

I made my definite QVC purchase today. I bought that "while supplies last" Sun Joe electric blower as that is something I really can use and the price is excellent. The same blower sells for far more on Amazon. I always try to comparison shop whenever possible. I also purchased a new holder for my car insurance and registration cards as the old one is in bad shape. So far, I've been very good this month about my purchases.

I'll be doing so reading today and relaxing as I await the first of two storms to arrive. School will be dismissing at Noon as the snow is expected to arrive before the normal dismissal time.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 20)

Goof morning!

We are also awaiting snow, calling for 8-12 inches over the weekend.  I went to the store and have stuff ready for the crock-pot.  Love being snowed in with something cooking in the crock-pot. As long as the electric stays on!

No new purchases for me, I have several baby showers coming up.  So excited.

I do love the TSV and need sheets but that is alot for sheets.

I hope that everyone is well.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone, and thanks to @KonaKat, for starting us off. Good call on declining the sub job if yout toe is still painful, so sorry about that fall. Also a wise decision to make a new budget with the new car purchase. No purchases for me today. Enjoy your day of reading and relaxation.

@fbm8282lsm, I too have several shower gifts coming up so I am thinking about what those purchases will be. I thought that was high for sheets also.

I have finished shoveling about 4" of snow from the driveway this morning. Changed my Thursday doc apptmt till sometime in March, and when I called about my hair apptmt on Friday she said she had a cancellation tonight at 5pm, so I grabbed that one, as hubby should be home from work in time for me to make it. My hair is looking pretty bad, so was happy to get it cut today. We are predicted to get more snow tomorrow, but not as much, I think. Hope hubby can get his truck repairs done soon as this juggling things around could become a hassle if it goes on too long. You know how when you car is not available you think of a hundred things you need it for, lol. Going to cook a roast for dinner tonight, other than that, not much going on here. Waves to all

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rosa--Your preps for the snow sound good. Like you, I hope we don't have power failures. Even my gas heating is controlled by an electric thermostat. Good job on your shopping restraint I took a quick look at the TSV but it didn't even tempt me.

Snicks--Good job on grabbing that hair  cancellation as well as reschedulig appointments to March. It definitely is inconvenient when transportation is not easily available. I do hope the truck is repaired soon so you will have easy access to the car. Take it easy with that shoveling. 4 inches of fluffy snow isn't bad but if it is wet, it is very heavy and a challenge to the heart.

Rosa and I are in the red zone or major impact

SnowImpact.JPG

Off to watch the news, eat lunch and then have a meaningful encounter with my Kindle and the novel I just started. Midnight enjoys the afternoon cuddling but at night, he sleeps at the foot of the bed.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

YIKES!

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!  I hope you all stay safe and warm today and in the coming days.  Looks like a significant amount of cold and bad weather is making it's way to most of you.  Sorry your toe is hurting Jean, and kept you from more work.  I hope it gets better soon.

To think I used to live my life with no observation or thought to the weather. Or clothing or shopping for that matter.  I guess all my time and resources were put into raising kids for all those years.

I played guitar for about an hour yesterday and hope to do that again today.  No pressing errands to run so I'm hoping to get some walking in. Have to MAKE myself do it. Our bread supply is dwindling so I think I will make another loaf today. That will be my daily excitement :Smiley Frustratedqueeee:: as the bread machine starts up.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hello all - I have been watching some snow globe fall outside the window.  It's going left, right, up and down without much accumulation.  I can't get a clear view of Windsor Ontario across the river but it's nothing to complain about compared to what many of you are facing.

My weather forecasters did say the storm will be below Michigan and we won't really be impacted.  I'l be praying for those of you who are impacted - my biggest fear during storms is loss of power.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh yea - Arlene I paid attention to gasoline prices this morning and most of the regular unleaded is going for the $1.50 range, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  Sorry your toe was bothering you, and you needed to decline work.  But, it is definitely a good idea to wait until your toe is better.  And, I guess it was a shorter than normal day in any case.  I think making a new budget is quite necessary when you have a new monthly expense.  Glad you got that done.  I know how much you "enjoy" this weather -- hope that there are no major issues or power loss.

Hi Rosa -- glad you have your crockpot going.  I think these are sheets that were a previous TSV, and if so, I purchased them for my DD and later for myself.  They are not inexpensive, but I do like them a lot.  No need for new sheets here, however.

Hope your DH's truck can be repaired quickly, snicks. I remember my MIL's saying -- "a woman without wheels is an unhappy woman".  Very true in my opinion.  LOL  I'm glad you were able to get that hair appointment for today.

Good for you with the guitar, Kathleen.  I got some walking in this morning, and plan to go to the gym soon.  Glad you are making your bread -- I really like homemade bread.

Waves to Bernie -- sounds like you will "dodge the bullet" in terms of snow.  Your gasoline prices are lower than ours -- I was happy to see that they are down to $1.71 here.  

I met with the financial guy yesterday, and while I like him a lot, I am not convinced that I am ready to "hire" him.  He charges a percentage of the account, and DH's account is pretty large.  Ever since my meeting, I have been gong back and forth about the issue.  His DD called last night, and I think she would prefer that I not do so.  That counts for a lot in my book.  Fingers crossed that this all works out.  Amazing  how much you learn when you are a caretaker -- financial, legal, as well as taking care of your loved one.

The lady came in this morning to bathe and dress DH, and it went well.  I still am "hovering", but I guess eventually, I will have some free time while she does so.  

DH is at the club today, and I am hoping to get to the gym and have my haircut.  I already went to the tax attorney, so I can get another effort started.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, spix, LindaR, Barbara, Karen, Charlene, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

The storm began phase one while I was reading. I was really into the book with Midnight curled up against me when the phone rang. The car finance person needed me to send him a copy of one of my checks for the bank as I am having them to auto withdraw the loan payment. I despise those coupon books so I requested it. I snapped a pic and messaged him the pic, All is good. I could have given him a check that day but I never carry checks with me.

Right now, the news is entertaining me with pics of wrecked cars, reminders of  how to drive in snow and ice. My solution is to stay put whenever possible. One car went into a slide and took out part of Tim Horton's.  Imagine having a cup of coffee and a car comes at you as you are sitting there.

Anytime I attempted to watch QVC they were talkig and showing home products, so I easily found another channel. I have my supply of linens, etc. The outdoor gadgets and street appeal gadgets tend to attract my attention more.