Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 20)

JEAN, I am sorry that your toe hurts enough for you to choose not to sub today.  It sounds like you have a good budget plan with your new car purchase.  I pray that you don't lose power with the snow storm.  Sun Joe sounds like a good purchase right now.

ROSA, I used the crock pot a few times this week too.  We had one big snow storm in November & just got a dusting last night.  We need snow for the snowmobile trails.  Have fun with the baby showers.

SNICKS, I got a much needed haircut last week.  I feel like a new woman again.  Hopefully your  DH's truck will be fixed real soon.  

BIRD MAMA, It looks like you did dodge the big snow bullet like we did too.  Yes my worst fear is losing the power.

RC, How nice that you got guitar time in. It sounds like you are having a good time.

LL,  I am glad that your DH is enjoying his club while you can also get time for yourself.  You are such a great caretaker.  I am learning lots of things right now too.  It sounds like a good idea to take time in selecting a financial guy.

DH & I needed to get away today so we went about 45 mikes from home.  The Subaru hadn't been out of town for a month so today was the day.  We had a nice lunch out.  My only purchase was a pair of bottoms to go with the top that I bought for $5.99 last week.  They were both 80% off & I plan to sleep in them when we start traveling again & stay at State Parks or campgrounds.  DH bought a nice pair of slippers & was happy to get gas for $1.69 a gallon.

We didn't see mom today, so I hope she is better with her caretakers than she was yesterday.  I am planning to take her to the jewelry store tomorrow so that she can maybe get something's to make it a bit smaller.  Then it is off to help her pay her property taxes when we pay ours.

Dinner tonight is chicken from our grocery store deli.  Yum! Yum!

Hugs to all of you.

Our eldest DGS is 15 today, so I need to call him to see if he got hius birthday csrds on time.  

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  Welll, the forecast snow and sleet hasn't materialized, at least not yet, but thre's a light drizzle.  Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of tossing a heavy coat over my PJs andn taking the dogs to Sonic - it's less than a mile away, and they have 50¢ corn dogs today.  My reasoning is, they adore drive-thrus, and I'm only going to have Angelica for a little while longer...I want her to have only good memories of her life with me.

I did get my free dinner last night - chicken parm. It's not as good as that at my favoite Italian retaurant, but you can't argue with free, and they do have those incredible, butter-drenched garlic knots.  There must have been a new sous chef, as the salad was poor - big chunks of lettuce that he didn't bother cutting up, and also I just realized there's usually chopped garlic on the rolls, but there wasn't any on them last night.   There were two screamnig little darlings at the next table though... (sigh) Why do people take little kids to nice restaurants and ruin the meal for everyone there?   My friend gave me a couple of coloring books and colored pencils, and afterwards I went to Firehouse Subs; I have a meaball sub in the refrigerator for tonight's dinner.

I have to check my "junk" email addys - I should have some coupons for free meals at Captain D's and maybe some other places, and they're generally good for a month - it's just those two places that the free food is only ON your birthday.

Rosa, a crock pot meal sounds good - what kind is it?

Snicks, I'm getting to where I need a haircut badly as well, but don't have the extra $50 or so right now.  My girl moved to another salon, and from the looks of it, it's even more pricey...but she does sch a good job that it looks nice for months and thus is cheper in the long run. I don't go out much in the winter anyway, so I'm not going to worry about it.

Jean, when I first read you had an "accidnet" I was afraid it was with your new car; glad it's just your toe - not "glad", but you know what I mean.... I have a Sun Joe electric lawn mower and I love it; hopefully you'll be as pleased with your blower.

Bernie, I was reading there's a gas war in Houghton Lake, MI - it's down to 47¢ a gallon!  Last night I drove around for a little while (enjoying the heat in the car) and the cheapest i saw here was $1.42.

LindaL, glad you have the prospect of some free time in your future.  I'm praing for you and twinny.

Well, I iguess I'd better bite the bullet, take the dogs for their outing, then I'm going to spend the evening in bed with my fleece sheets and blanket, warm comforter, new cozy series I started reading, and my tablet - I think there's a new episode of "Criminal Minds" to watch on it tnight. I also have a nice supply of snacks...  I had ordered some used books from an author whom I recently discovered and like - just 1¢ each on Amazon - and they came in two packages of two books each.  Two were the correct ones from the series, and the other package contained Dante's "Inferno" and a Spanish children's book.  (sigh)  So, another mess to straighten out. 

Oh, I have 1/3 of the money I need for the new HVAC system; please pray the rest comes in SOON - thanks.

Have a blessed evening, everyone!

Valued Contributor

Hello All,

It is summer warm here today, I am actually wearing shorts.  My hubby and I just back from fishing and we caught enough for our lunch meal tomorrow.  I always feel like it is a neat deal to come home with a few fish in the cooler, less I have to spend at the grocery store. 

I actually took back a shirt today....something I probably wouldn't have done a few years ago.  It was real cute, looked good in the dressing room but after wearing it once...the buttons just don't stay closed so back it went. 

I want to send a quick thanks for those who shared stories and/or input about my genetic testing issue...it's could to hear different point of views.

Not much else going on, have a good evening...Gayle

Valued Contributor

Re: SHFuOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 20)

Funky...I am making Brunsick stew with chicken,it is a great recipe that was given to me by a good friend.  We got a light coating of snow this afternoon. ..Thursday after midnight Snowmagedan!

I am praying you get your new heating system soon