Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 19)

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  How you are thawed out by now, and the predicted storm isn't as bad as they are saying.  It does sound like a great day to read a book and cuddle with Midnight.

So sorry to hear about your Mom, twinny.  Definitely a rough road for you, especially since you seem to be the target of her unhappiness.  I will be praying for you.

Happy Birthday, Arlene!  Hope you are enjoying the return of your hot water.

Waves to snicks, Bernie, Charlene, Marijane, spix, Kathleen, Barbara, Susan, LindaR, Karen, Rosa, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

DH did fine with his root canal (he was not in pain before, and so far is doing okay), but he managed to lock me out of the house yesterday when I took a walk (I had the wrong set of keys, and he locked the screen door again).  He could not figure out how to open the door, but I was fortunate enough to get into a different door.  And, he had an accident this morning.  But, he was fine when I dropped him off at the "club".

My volunteer job ran late, so no time for the gym since I have an appointment with a financial adviser soon.

Hope everyone stays warm and has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

I'm absolutely freezing - I do have the space heater near me, and of course there are foour cats piled on top of me in the flow of the heat, but the problem is with my hands - they're so cold they're stiff and very painful.  Plese keep praying the rest of the moneuy I need comes in s oon.

I have to get dressed in a little while. I'm meeting a friend at a local Italian restaurant that gives you a free meal for your birthday; from there I'll pick up my free sandwich at Firehouse Subs, then come home, feed the critters, and curl up in bed with my tablet - I think there are some new shows aI can watch on the CBS app, or else I'll look for a movie on Amazon Pime.

I found out from a cousin yesterdy that an aunt of ours has died - she was 98 years old, but since her husband was one of the brothers my mother didn't speak to I don't remember her at all. The cousin who todl me is the one whose mother has Alzherimer's, and she's getting harder and harder for her to handle, even though the cousin is a nurse. I had to smile and think of our LindaL when she said she takes her mother to the "club" a few times a week, but unfortunately, yesterday she was so bad they caled my cousin and asked her to come and get her as she was so disruptive.

Twinny - ((( hugs ))) - I pray for you every day.

Glad you were able to get back in the house again, LindaL. I always pray for your too.

Well, my big news is I have hot water again!  Mark showed up 2 1/2 hours late, but once he got here it didn't take long to finisih the repairs.  I had to run a space heater in the bathroom with the door closed to warm it up, then get the room steamy from hot water, but oh, it felt so good!  Plenty of hot water; in fact, next time he comes I'm goingn to ask him to turn the temperature down a bit as it not only gets scalding hot, but I don't need to pay a bigger gas bill to keep water hotter than I need. 

Gas here is down to $1.42 - Bird, are you in an area where it's under a dollar? 

I just saw the time - we're meeting at five (the restaurant is only about 1/2 mile away) so I'd better get dressed. I like the newer Italiant restaurnt that I've been going to better than this one, but hey, it's free...and they have garlic rolls dripping with butter that are to die for.  I didn't eat breakfast, so I'm HUNGRY!

Hi to evryone - have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

My gas in not under a $1.00 in my area.  I can't speak for the rest of the state :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a not so great accident. While rushing to phone, I stubbed my toe on Midnight's heavy cat tree (wasn't looking where I was going exactly), lost my balance and fell. I'm fine but my big toe certainly is hurting.

You will like this. School superintendents are always sending messages out via phone to parents and students. Nicholas County school superintendent had a unique way of telling his students that there would be no school held today by singing a parody of the hit song "Hello" by Adele. 

https://www.facebook.com/13news/videos/10152874847694364/

The lowest priced gas in the city over an hour away  is $1.65 according to Gas Buddy. I have no idea what it is here but the city is always cheaper.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Twinny..many ((()) hugs))) to you. I can tell you from my experience with my mother's dementia, that the child who provides the most care gets the most grief. Try to remember, she really doe not know what she is saying or doing.  Maybe hospice can suggest something to calm her agitation and anxiety.  Your dh sounds very supportive.

by that, where is your twin in all this??! That may be too nosy a question, sorry.

Jean..ice your toe..ouch, ouch.

Hapyy birthday Arlene.

((((()hugs))) to everyone.

Honored Contributor

Wishing a Happy Birthday to FHG. Hope you had a great day, and enjoyed dinner out.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

As an aside, hubby had a wreck on his way home from work on icy, snowy road. He is ok, but tore the krap out of his truck. Guess he'll be driving my car for awhile, so I'll be cancelling my doctor apptmt. Lol. It is still snowing and not letting up till 2-3am. Be careful out there.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

JEAN, So sorry that you had an accident.  Hoping that your toe feels better soon.

SNICK's,  Sorry your DH had an accident, but glad that he didn't get hurt.  It us an inconvenience for sure that you had to cancel your appointment for tomorrow.

Sydsgma, I will ask a hospice nurse for some ideas the next time they call me.  My sister has not been up to see our mom for almost 15 years & they live about 7 hours away by car.  She has always followed her H's backward ways.  They have no contact with their 

DS, DD, & DGC.  They haven't seen their youngest DGS & he just turned 10 y/o.  Now my sister claims that her husband has leukemia & needs lots of treatments.  Their DD ( my niece) has a wonderful family & does what she can to help out but she also lives 7 hours away.  You are not asking too many questions as this has been a tangled web for 48 years.  

My brother just called & said that he is extra busy at work all because the company that he works for sent 2 large orders to Mexico 2 years ago & nothing was done right, so His company is remaking everything all over again.  I am not seeing mom tomorrow, but plan to take her to the jewelry store on Thursday or Friday.  He will join me next week.

Honored Contributor

Jesus Mary and Joseph!

Jean, I am so sorry you hurt your foot on the cat tree.  I suppose Midnight just sat there watching it all - like any cat would do.

Snicks, I am sorry to hear DH tore up his truck but I am glad that he is okay.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Very sorry about your husband's wreck, snicks.  But, I am certainly glad he is okay.

Also sorry to hear about your fall and toe injury, Jean.  I have had similar falls when trying to rush to answer the phone, etc.  I try to tell myself to slow down.  If it is important, they will leave a message and I can call right back.  

Glad you are going out to eat for your birthday and have hot water, Arlene.  But, I sure wish you could have heat.  

It is a very sad situation with your twin, twinny.  I just can't understand why she acts this way.  Certainly makes things even more difficult for you.  Hugs.