Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN 17)

Good morning, shopping friends. Spring is just around the corner when garden items are being promoted on the Q. Also, we are having Spring-like temperatures.

I had my urologist appointment yesterday, and as expected, I am scheduled for another scope of the bladder and kidneys on Feb. 15. I have to do a cleansing on Feb. 14, so that is the worst part of it but I have to admit that these bladder cancer checkups every 3 months are getting old. I woiuld have gone to the 6 month routine on the last one except they found a small spot returning.

Afterwards, I had my nails done and did grocery shopping and then returned home. I did check out the IM show and saw the TSV presented at which time he said they were designed to be worn with heels but they could be rolled up if too long. I didn't like the rolled up look so I passed. Just glancing at them, thery didn't appear much different from the look of the D&C pants but I do know the material is different.

I switched to wearing the QF jeans which I like very much. They just have the heart on the pocket so they are not overly done with sparkles. I might consider IM when purchasing a dressier style pant but not for the jean look.

I go to work at 11:30 but I must confess that because I am so tired that I wouldn't mind staying here. I don't back out of agreements, however, so off to work I go

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN 17)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you need to have another scope, but hopefully the results will be positive.  Every three months sounds very often to me, but I know that can be required in some cases.  Hope work goes well this afternoon, despite you being tired.  I am the same way about honoring my agreements.  

I ended up ordering the IM jeans -- no plans to wear them rolled up.  Hopefully, that will not be necessary.  No plans to order garden items today, or really do any other shopping.  One day off at least.  

The caregiver told me that DH was having a lot of trouble getting up from the chair/bed, and he needed to lift him into the wheelchair in the morning.  When I visited at dinnertime, he used the walker and a bunch of muscle to get him up.  Needless to say, I am concerned.  But, DH was in good humor and talked to both of his DD and DS on the phone when I called them.  His DD plans to  visit again (solo) in February.  She was thinking about March, but other plans interfered.  I may look for a sofa bed or futon for the "office"/guest room before she arrives.

I have my volunteer job at the senior lunch program today, and then I'll go to the gym before visiting DH.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Image result for wise shopping tips memes quotes

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I hope the scope comes back negative so that you can go back to 6 months.  Is checking the kidneys new?  Do they ultrasound or image them? 

We had freezing rain early this morning and the commute was lousy for many.  By the time I left the house to head off to work, it was just like driving in rain.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, schools are closed again today as we had freezing rain last night & 32° overnight & dense fog.  It is now 36° & the fog is about gone.  Sorry that you need another scope next month.  It was good that you could get your nails done & groceries at the same time.  I also like the blingy heart on QF pants.  Good luck with teaching today.

Linda L, enjoy your IM pants.  I have one pair of peach colored jeans that I like rolled up in the spring time.  My other slim leg ankle pants are my favorites.  Sorry that your DH is having walking problems again.  Enjoy your lunch at the center today.  It is nice that your DH's daughter is coming again.

meallen, cute graphic as always.

Bird Mama, freezing rain is just the worst.  Glad that it is all rain now.  This week we are getting our January thaw.  It will be in the mid 40's starting tomorrow & in to next week.

This weather is giving us above normal temps.  We need snow so badly, but mother nature is playing games with us right now.

We are meeting friends for lunch at our nice Italian restaurant.  Her brother passed away on Sunday & left a big mess for his 2 sons.  

Tomorrow DH & I are getting our eyes tested.  If I see frames that I like, I will get them.  If not, I' ll keep these for another year.  We wanted to have lunch with his Mom, but she has Dr. Appointments & is with her SO.  Since it is so mild, tomorrow afternoon we will be emptying the hot tub & refilling it on Thursday.  It only takes 2 hours to empty & clean it & 2 hours to refill it.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am home from work. Trust me when I say I am very tempted by comfort food or some retail therapy. I shall resist! Now, let actions match words!

Linda--I hope you enjoy the IM jeans. I am sure that DH will have good days and bad days, but you are rightfully concerned especially if the bad days increase. A sofa bed or futon might be a good idea for anyone visiting, especially DH's DD.

meallen--Love the graphic. If only that were true!

Bernie--The freezing rain doesn't sound good for a commute. They don't use an ultrasound for the kidneys in this case. The surgeon runs a tiny tube with eyepiece, etc. up the ureters into the kidney. This link explains both scopes:

https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/diagnostic-tests/cystoscopy-ureteroscopy/...

Twinny--I hope your eye appointment goes well. It is shocking how expensive glasses can be. Frames can make a significant difference in the cost. We are having very unusually warm temperatures. It is 64 right now.

Kathleen posted this on Facebook: "Everytime you get dressed, remember that if you die, that's going to be your ghost outfit forever."

I see that my QF Dream Jeannes have shipped. I have them in a variety of colors but needed my trusty grey and black replaced as I've had them over two years. The old ones are still in good condition for wear around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  I will admit that I unconsciously crossed my legs when I read the description of the test you will be undergoing. 

While I'm sure it doesn't feel great, I think it's a fabulous idea to get a birdss eye view of the area.  Only adds to the 'catching anything early' school of thought. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I've had  the complete thing done but don't remember a thing. They put you out for it. Now, for the bladder scope, they don't. In fact, during one time, I was able to watch it on the monitor.