Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. I see that the thread has not been started, so here goes!

I have nothing profound to say on this snowy day. I awakened at 4am and was unable to go back to sleep so I got up and surveyed the landscape to determine if there was a probability of my working today. At 5am, they announced  a delay, but then at 8am, it was announced that school would be closed because of the continued and worsening snowfall.

From looking at the map, it looks as if there are districts that opened who are now closing early.  When some students are transported 30 to 45 minutes over questionable roads, it is a difficult decision for a district head to make. 42 out of the 55 districts either closed before school or are dismissing early as the snow moves east to the mountains.

Now, what does one do when faced with a day of unemployment? I got 30 minutes of my planned 60 minutes a day out of the way. I then tackled some sorting. I have no desire to venture out so I should make best use of this time.

I'm now off to fix a light lunch and then will be taking a reading break before returning to the "fun" of sorting.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN 16)

Spoiler

Hello Ladies, sorry about your cancelled work day Jean.....I guess I'd just hang around and maybe read or do something around the house to keep me sorta busy,  I know exciting.WE are waiting for our snow but they are saying after midnight and have downgraded it to about 5 inches.  I think our schools look iffy tomorrow..I have a 10 am hair apt but I will wait to cancel to make sure we really do get the snow....my stylist knows I do not drive when the snow is falling.   I have been lucky so far as we haven't had any snow on day of my appointment.

I agree with you Linda with the material on the IM tee shirts....I have several others all different sleeve length and neck styles.  I didn't think it fell too long when I saw it last night on some of the shorter models.  I hope your DH is doing well today.

I did run out to the store this morning to get some salmon for supper tonight......and that is about as exciting thing I will do today ..beside cook it tonight.

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Ps... not sure what "spoiler" means or how it got there.

Honored Contributor

The snow I shoveled last night was light and fluffy.  I thought it was over when I went out there around 7:30 last night.  I awoke to a little dusting of more snow that required me to shovel the patio so the birds and squirrels could eat more comfortably.  I'll get the driveway and front sidewalk scraped when I get home from work.  There wasn't much snow this morning however it was enough to slow me down and make me later for work. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marijane--I do hope the snow doesn't track your way. It is a good idea to see what the snow brings before cancelling your hair appointment. I have no idea how "Spoiler" got there in your post.

Bernie--Good job on taking care of that snow. You had less than we did. Your comment a couple of days ago about resisting a JCP purchase despite a eBates lure reminds me I saw a similar thing for Macy's yesterday. There was a pair of diamond earrings originallly priced at $800 for around $250 and decent reviews plus double rebate. I went as far as to put them in my cart but talked myself out of it. Today, they still have the earrings for sale but at $800. Oh well, I didn't need them.

They just had a wreck on an Interstate connecting two large cities near me which involves a fatality. The traffic is backed up for miles and they expect it to take 3 hours to clear the east bound lanes. I would hate to be sitting in that mess for 3 hours but also feel for the families dealing with the loss.

Time will tell if we have school tomorrow, but I expect at least a delay as the temp is expected to be near zero which makes it bad for students who have to wait for the bus.

I haven't watched the Q since very early this morning when I got up. I may check out the Denim & Co. show later today but have no plans to buy.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  I noticed this new item from Denim & Co

Denim & Co. Active Floral Printed Heather Grey Knit Jacket - A300811

It's cute, I just don't know if it's $45 cute.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--That Denim & Co. item is the type of item that always motivates me to ask myself how long would I have to sub in the worst class to pay for it The answer would deter me from buying.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you didn't get trapped on the road, but sorry schools are closed and you had trouble sleeping.  I usually (not always) can get back to sleep when I wake up at night.  But, I usually wake up earlier (like 2:00 or 3:00 a.m.)  Happy you got your exercise in, or at least the first part.  I'll be leaving for the gym in a little while.  

Enjoy the salmon, Marijane.  I like it, but it (at least fresh salmon) is pricey around here.  So, it is a rare treat for me.  Hope the snow doesn't cause problems for you, and you are able to get your hair done, tomorrow.

Hope you don't have problems driving home, Bernie, and there isn't too much shoveling to do.  I kind of like that Denim & Co. jacket, but the price and lack of need are making it possible for me not to look too closely.   

DD said they were expecting a storm this afternoon, and she was hoping to be able to pick up youngest DGS at work before it got too bad out there.  

The senior lunch program went pretty well, and I'll visit DH later.  Fingers crossed he will be doing okay.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Well snow is coming! Sloppy, slushy, wet heavy snow!

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/224015-Good-Night-Everyone-Winter-Quote.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Being retired on fixed retirement from the State makes me think carefully about purchases now. Even the so-called Social Security increase didn't keep pace with inflation and rising insurance costs have taken most of it. I think my net increase was around $4.

meallen--Thank you for the great graphics.

It is pouring the snow again, so work tomorrow probably will not happen. In the meantime, the DOH is having problems keeping the main State roads cleared. This is a U.S. highway that runs from a town 30 miles away into our county.

snowyroad.jpg