Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 14)

Greetings, shopping friends. I was to have worked today but developed a bug that necessitated my staying close to the "throne." I mentally said to myself that is a day's pay I won't be receiving that could have been used in savings or travel, or purchases. Such is life!

This is a great link dealing with the financial condition of most American families and the need for flexibility in budgeting and according to its headline, 3 in 5 Americans make this mistake.

https://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/pf/financial-mistake-budget/index.html

My goal this month, after purchasing the organizing items, is to spend money only on needs---groceries, housing, car, medical. I will be reducing the number of times I eat out when in the city.  After January, I can revisit this month and plan for February which is just a little over two weeks away.

I have no need for the TSV, but I did hear them say earlier that you could take the frames to the optometrist for use with the prescription instead of buying expensive frames they offer, ????

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely! 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 14)

Fressa posted this update on the storage cubes she ordered on yesterday's thread:

I got the grey for my husband's closet and the grey damask for my closet. He had already seen the the grey and said he liked the look of them. How often does that happen? Then I thought about the spare room closet where I keep all the bedding and ordered the blue metalic. This was my favorite color. I'm hoping it will eliminate the plastic bins that I have in there and organize the top shelf a bit more.

@Fressa--These are really working for  you. It is great when people agree on the color choice. I do hope the blue metallic works well for you.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, JAN. 14)

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you had to cancel work, but hopefully it was a one-day problem. 

I am big on budgeting, and I am fortunate enough to be able to pay my bills plus save money.  I know I am very blessed.  I am trying to really reduce my "wanty" spending as Kathleen used to call it.  It sure isn't easy, but I am working on it even more these days.  I ended up ordering a new electric toothbrush since the one I have is not holding a charge well.  It wasn't an immediate "need", but I know this one isn't going to last much longer.  I decided to go ahead and order it now since there was a coupon for $20.  While I could have chanced it -- wait for "Presidents' Day" sales, I went ahead.   And, I also needed to buy equipment (antennas and a Roku) in order to get rid of cable TV, but that was a one-time expense and should result in future savings. 

It is a shame that so many families are in such precarious financial shape.  

The senior lunch program went okay today as did the gym.  I've been busy coordinating bookclub meetings -- lots of e-mails and phone calls.  But, hopefully our group will be meeting again this year.  We didn't have many meetings last year.

Hope those storage containers work well for you Fressa.  Nice that your DH agreed to one of the colors.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda