Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB 6)

Good morning, shopping friends. I decided to cancel the sub job for today as I worked unexpectedly yesterday. Instead, I am trying out my new shredder I got from Amazon. Fun today; trash day tomorrow. Paper accumulation, be gone!!!

We have a weather advisory for ice and snow for late tonight and early tomorrow morning. As a result, work tomorrow may be delayed, etc.

I see my pre-fashion order of capris are in process but should cancel soon. I thought the price on them looked exceptional when I bought them at more than half off. Today, they are on clearance but the price is a dollar more a pair than what I paid on Saturday. The reviews are good so I hope they work well

I do have the Q on now, but nothing is calling. Those adjustable desk planters are great as I have them. I won't be ordering the TSV.

I saw a thread on "Do you wear white pants?" No, no, no! I don't buy anthing solid white! Dirt magnet time!! I may not get anything on solid or prints but the minute I put something white on, it is "disaster time."

February is almost one-fourth gone and so far my only wants within the want budget for the Q was the order of capris. Resistance is not futile.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB 6)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Have fun with your new shredder.  Hope the capris work for you.  I don't have that many electrical outlets, so I don't think the TSV is practical for me (old house syndrome.)  Sorry you may have bad weather again.  I saw that there were several fatalities in the Midwest due to the storms.

It is sunny here, and it should warm up to the 70's  It was in the 40's when I got up.  Today I have my volunteer "job" at the senior lunch program, and I plan to go to the gym and visit DH later.  He is certainly having a hard time with his eyes.  I will try something the caregiver suggested.  Using chamomile tea on his eyes.  Bought the tea and cotton "rounds" yesterday.  Hope that helps.

I saw some cute VPH items on her Facebook page, but I'm trying to resist.  Just storing decorations is an issue for me.  

Not sure who mentioned it yesterday, but DH's son isn't coming for another couple of weeks around the time when his daughter and granddaughters will be visiting.  He is a nice, but extremely quiet guy.  I reserved the "conference" room -- room for families -- at DH's facility for that Saturday when they all will be here.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You certainly have a busy day ahead of you. I do hope the chamomile tea helps DH's eye problem. It will be soothing. I think reserving the room for the family visit at the facility is great planning. It is difficult to resist some items. VPH has some great things, so whatever you decide, I'm sure that it will be right for you.

After having time with the shredder, I spent an hour exercising. Now, it is almost time for lunch. Some Progresso Light soup might be on the agenda as I haven't had any for a couple of weeks. I've been watching "The Good Doctor" on Hulu while shredding and exercising.  No visual stimulation to buy from that show!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, sounds like we will be getting your weather tomorrow Jean, I think the kids here are hoping for a snow day....but since Ct. and all of the east coast received a TSUNAMI warning on their cell phones this morning who knows.   BY the way the warning forgot to say...this is a test !! LOL!     I was surprise to receive my cuddl duds cardigan that was a s/v a few days ago...it came by UPS not by the mail it said it was going to.  I haven't taken it out of the bag yet.

I do hope those tea compressors help your DH eyes Linda......and it was a good idea to reserve the room for his family.  WIll you be eating some your meals there?..it is nice they all will be able to get together.

Nothimg  else going on here ,I did go to the store this morning and plan to make beef stew for supper tonight .  NOw that football is over the next " sports event" will be the men's college basketball final 4 held in March..then after that......BASEBALL...which means spring....heading towards summer!!! !  Yay!!     Have a nice day......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Enjoy the Cuddl Duds cardigan. I hope it is a winner for you. Weather, weather! We just got another alert starting at 10PM tonight. Apparently, an ice storm with some snow on top is going to make the morning commute difficult. That may mean either a delay or cancellation for my work day tomorrow.

It is time for a Kindle break. I've discovered the Joy Ellis books on Amazon; she writes great mysteries.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a0/c7/79/a0c779a814171c4f154f8340c1582633.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic.

Just watching the nasty weather report; whatever will be will be. I did read this afternoon with the cat curled up beside me. Afterwards, I did some more shredding.

Honored Contributor

Hello, another one here expecting more snow.  I think it's supposed to fall tomorrow.  Was onsite today and will be onsite tomorrow then it's work at home the rest of the week :-)  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Being able to telecommute or whatever you term it is a great way to avoid  the dangers of Winter's onslaughts.