Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 25)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a dreary, rainy day made worse by the fact I have to take my beloved Midnight to the vet. He isn't doing well and is losing a lot of weight.  He is now half his weight of 3 years ago. I don't know what the outcome will be. Oh, he just vomited, something he hasn't done for a long time. He is 17 and still very active.

Oh, I see they are selling those original waist Denim & Co pants. I used to buy those all the time, but then they became increasingly difficult to get in my size. Like many, I thought they were phasing them out. If not, they will likely be back in a slightly different material, style, etc. and at a higher price.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 25)

Hello Ladies....sorry to read about Midnight not doing well Jean, I hope the vet can come up with a solution for him.  it has just started to rain here, we have had a few great sunny and warm,high 50's days ...

lI had gone over to the post office this morning, it's a small one, we have another one on other side of town much bigger that our mail comes from...anyway I notice the guy behind the counter had on latex gloves....I looked over at the other 2 ladies working there and they too had gloves on..I was gonna say what's with the gloves but didn't...after that I went to the supermarket for a few things and there too the cashier and woman putting my groceries in my bag had them on too....I was there this past Sunday and no one were wearing them.  Is this a sign of things to come I wonder.  

To orrow starts Lent and I remember last year reading about putting an item of clothes you don't wear in a bag  every day and by Easter Sunday you will have a bag to donate to a charity....I did that and thinking again of same thing this year.

Nothing else new here but I think I remember Charlene sayi g awhile go her DH has his surgery on the 26 th...

I will be praying for him and the rest of her fmily.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

The rain has arrived  but so far it has been intermitent so I have my fingers crossed it remains liket that all week. It's cloudy but not dark. 

KomKat: I hope Midnight is okay. It's a worry when our fur babies get sick. We will have paws crossed for the vet visiti.

Today I decided to do some more laundry. All that little stuff that needs a seperate load or special handling. I need to write checks and do some paperwork organization so that will consume the afternoon. I know I will be glad when it's done but it always seems like it takes longer than it should. 

I was trying to spend my Kohl's cash and Target gift card but haven't seen anything that I really needed or wanted. I guess that's a good thing. 

We did recieve our taxes from the accoutant yesterday. All we have to do now is sign the forms and return. I'm crossing my fingers that our old printer cooperates with the scan function. I keep forgetting how old it is every time there's a special somewhere. It acts up every so often and we're plugging and unplugging. Honestly....These items are nice when they're working but so frustrating when they're not.

I saw Linea on this morning. That's my favorite line but it isn't practical for my casual life with the dogs. I just enjoy window shopping. 

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Until this virus is under control, we may be seeing a lot more of the preventative measures. I saw an item being sold on Facebook that sounds good but I know comes from China. I had ordered the item and it arrived from China just before the outbreak. I noticed several products had disappeared from being sold on Facebook. Thanks for reminding us of the surgery date of Charlene's DH. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I had written a reply to Marijane and Fressa but it disappeare and was not available via the usual "reload" message link. I don't have time to compose it again, as I have to travel an hour to the vet and the time is drawing near. I just wanted to reinforce that our prayers are with Charlene and her DH.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  my prayers are with you and your beloved Midnight Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Marijane @Genny1   I suppose latex gloves are a good idea during any flu season, especially if the worker can't get to a sink to wash his/her hands.  I have to tell you that thoughts of the coronavirus crossed my mind when I was about to order a new bed in a box.  I almost ordered a Lucid brand mattress and when QVC offered one made stateside last weekend, I bought that one.  I also appreciated the edge support of the QVC mattress.

Honored Contributor

Isn't that how it goes @Fressa ?  When you have the money or gift/reward card you can't find a single thing.  

Honored Contributor

Charlene @cerb  Your husband and your family has been in my daily prayers since you mentioned there was something to be concerned about with your husband.  I will be thinking about all of you tomorrow and sending prayers for a favorable outcome across the miles Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon.  I am praying for you and Midnight, Jean.  Hope the vet can help.   Also praying for Charlene and her DH.  

I wondered about those pants, Jean.  I remember the price kept going up and up, and today, they are a lower price plus buy more save more.  Wonder if they are being phased out.  I remember that you had purchased the D&Co. Watercolor print top (A236615) in a couple of colors and I did as well.  A couple of months ago, they were selling it at a lower clearance price, and I am pretty sure they will come out with something similar at a higher price.  

Interesting about the latex gloves, Marijane.  I wear those for the senior lunch program, but not due to the virus.  It would surprise me to see them worn in other settings.  But, I think almost everyone is concerned about exposure to the virus.  And, the stock market is certainly reacting poorly.  Not much we can do about it, but.....  Good luck with your Lenten decluttering efforts this year.  I tend to find several things at a time, but any way that works is good.

Good luck with that tax form scanning, Fressa.  I know what you mean about the frustration when things don't work as expected -- computer things in particular.  I don't do well with those sorts of disruptions.  Glad you have your taxes back.  The final form for my taxes arrived yesterday -- at least I think it is the final form.  I plugged everything into Turbo Tax, and I think I'll be getting a refund from the Federal government and the State.  I like to double-check this several times before submitting the forms since I have made mistakes in the past and don't like having to file amended returns.  Like you, I saw some of the Linea program and enjoyed "window shopping".  

Hi Bernie.  I really hadn't considered how many things we get from China before the virus became an issue.  I'm glad the bed you ordered is made in the U.S. 

The senior lunch program went fine, except the food was not hot enough when it was time to serve, so I was madly microwaving the main course.  I really don't understand what happened because the oven was very hot.  My volunteer buddy was better today, but is still very anxious.  Trying to help her the best I can.

I plan to go to the gym in a little while.  Nothing else of note.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda