Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB 19)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is sunny right now but that is expected to change. I was to have worked today but we are having a work stoppage state-wide. 

I didn't sleep well last night because of  pain; my body always knows when there is going to be a big weather change. I did something positive today. I had a coupon from OneHanesPlace giving me $20 off on my next order of $75. I get my Bali bras from there at a price of $15 to $20 off the regular retail price. I ordered 4 and with the coupon, it meant I got one free. Shipping was free also. That is my big shopping splurge for the week so far.

I really liked the Progresso Butternut Squash soup so I have added more to my grocery shopping list. There weren't many cans available when I bought my last ones to try. I'll probably enture out for groceries by the end of the week if weather permits.

Right now, I'm watching Carolyn and the garden show. Have you ever wondered if those beautiful plants on display are silk flowers instead of the real thing?

I scheduled an appointment with the orthopedic for a shot in my knee before going on the trip. The appointment is on March 11 but right now I am having stabbing pains in the knee that started last night. I will put up with it until the March appointment as it is hard to get an appointment on short notice. A month advance is the norm.

We scheduled a day off to relax after a day long tour in Australia. It was happenstance but that day is a day vendors set up a flea market type shop in the Rocks area.

http://www.therocks.com/things-to-do/the-rocks-markets.aspx

Wishing Twinny a successful cystoscopy!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB 19)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you had difficulty in sleeping and cannot work today.  Good deal on those bras.  I tried a different brand of butternut squash soup (can't remember) that didn't taste too great.  Guess I should give the Progresso version a try.  

We had a very dreary day yesterday, and it was pretty rainy in the evening.  Today is sunny, but they are predicting a hard freeze for tonight, and rain and cooler temperatures again on Thursday night/Friday.  Sorry your weather is changing for the worse.  They are predicting snow and then ice for DD's area tomorrow.  Not fun.

My friend Jo Ann called yesterday afternoon, and we had a nice (and fairly long) conversation.  She promised to call next week after her son goes back to CA.  She seems to be holding up pretty well, all things considered.

Good luck to twinny!

No TSV for me -- just not my style and not a need.  Glad you aren't faced with "wanty" too much lately, Charlene.  Like you, I am not a fan of public speaking, but I always feel good about myself when I get through it okay.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Like you, I am not interested in the TSV. On the other hand, I see then presenting the Denim &Co. original waist crop pants which reminds me that I like the capri version. I'm glad that Jo Ann seems to be handling the death but sometimes outward appearances, talk, etc. can be deceiving. I am glad that you will be able to get together soon as the reality will be starting to set in after family is gone. I was surprised that I liked the Progresso butternut squash so well but it isn't as good as the chicken enchilada.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi there - Jean - that's too bad that you didn't get a better night's sleep.  For some reason, I woke up at 3:00am and couldn't get back to sleep.  That rarely happens with me.  When are the dates for your upcoming trip to Australia?  Linda - Glad to hear that your friend Jo Ann is doing well under the circumstances. 

we're having some of the same weather as Linda.  At 8:00am there was frost on the ground and it was 31 degrees, which is quite cold for us.  They're saying it might get in the upper 20s the next couple of nights.  That won't be good for the citrus growers here.  The trees are covered with ripening grapefruit, and that kind of cold will kill their crop.  They'll be running wind machines all night.

I said yes to doing the devotion in 2 weeks.  I'm pretty sure that I will "DO" okay, I just wish that I wouldn't feel so nervous in the period leading up to it.  At least I'm not alone regarding a dislike of public speaking.  (Have no problem speaking up in an "informal" setting - it's the standing at a mic in front of a larger group that's hard).  

I need to go and get ready for my dentist appointment.  Sigh.  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all,  I was happy to see the full moon in the sky last night (it's been so cloudy around here).  As usual with a full moon, I slept like I had been sedated Woman Happy  

The earrings I wrote about yesterday showed up as available so I ordered the sodalite/bird option.  I alerted other American West collectors and one or two ordered.  Now the items shows not available.  Boy, I wish the Q would get it together.  My order is in - let's hope it moves forward.

Charlene @cerb   Just my 2 cents about the devotional at bible study.

I'm Catholic and heaven knows that faith has a prayer and novena for everything Woman Happy 

When I pray I am very conversational with my creator.  Sometimes I use novenas for special intentions (like health issues).  Most of the time, probably because He walked the earth in human form, I close my eyes and imagine myself at a table with Jesus.  He and I both have coffee cups in front of us.  No disrespect in intended by the vision in my mind's eye, He's relatable to me because he understands the human experience. 

I've never been asked to give a devotional and since I just googled what that is, it looks kind of like a test or something.

Unless they tell you the topic, I'd pick something that really resonates with me and talk about it like I was talking to Jesus, who I am sure would be pleased that you delight in learning the Word and that you respect the Word.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama  - aww Bernie, that is such a sweet response.  The Bible says that Jesus is our friend, so I have no problem whatsoever in picturing Him the way you describe.  (And no offense intended to anyone of different faiths on our thread - I love you all).  We are studying 1 & 2 Corinthians this year, so my devotion (a short 5 minute talk on whatever subject I choose) was going to be on how Paul used the greeting "grace and peace" in each of his 13 epistles.  Not many in our class get asked to do a devotion, so it's a compliment, and I take it as such.

Now...here's the update.  I just got back from the dentist.  My, oh, my.  Turns out that I have had a tooth abscess for 6 months, ever since I got the most recent crown.  I am now on antibiotics and have to go in for a root canal next Wed.  As soon as I got home I texted our Bible study leader and told her that I wasn't going to be doing the devotion after all.  A root canal one day, followed by public speaking the next, is just not going to work for me.  At least I gave her plenty of notice to find someone or something else that will work.

Life has some interesting twists and turns sometimes.  You just gotta laugh.  ~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, It is a nice sunny day here, but we are supposed to have a snow storm tomorrow.  Maybe 6".  We have the snow blower all ready to go just in case.    It's too bad that you are out on a teacher stoppage.  You got a good deal on your bra purchases.  We like the chicken enchilada & the chicken corn chowder too.  It is good that you will be getting a shot in your knee before your trip.  How fun to be able to go to a flea market.  We always enjoyed the one that came to our resort in Mexico.  Not going this year for a few different reasons.

Linda L, It sounds like your area is unusually cold this year.  I hope that you & Jo Ann will be able to stay in contact with each other once her family has gone back home.  

CERB, that is too bad about getting frost & the possibility of it killing the fruit.  I am sorry to hear about your dental problems and then having to cancel your Bible study public speaking engagement.  I am sure that you would have been an inspiration to all of them.

Thank you for your prayers and good thoughts concerning my appointment yesterday and today.

My CT Scan went well yesterday, but I was afraid to get my  cystoscopy today after they said that it could take 1-3 hours.  

I had an early lunch today and of course the first thing that they wanted me to do was pee.  I went right before we left home, so I had to do some quick drinking.  I asked them how long the procedure would take & the nurse said 1 1/2 minutes.  It took longer to prep me.  I didn't want to look at the TV screen, but the Dr. wanted me to see that everything was fine.  Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.  

Bird Mama, I think that you will get another "white winter present." As long as it's snow & not freezing rain I am happy.  I think that we might get 6" of snow starting tonight and ending tomorrow afternoon.  Up North might get 15-20" .  That's too much at one time for me.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@cerb   Owww, I've had more than one abscess in the past and I'm so glad you are on antibiotics.  I hope they keep you on them and don't do a permanent filling after the root canal therapy until the infection is cleared.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70 I'm so glad that you got the all clear Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--I do believe the power above decided you needed the dental work done more than to do the devotional. Your anxiety has been relieved despite the probability that you would have done well.

Bernie--I'm glad that you were able to order the earrings you wanted. Your suggestions to Charlene regarding the devotional were very good and I'm sure they will be taken into consideration when her next speaking opportunity arises..

Twinny--I'm glad the procedure went well. Yes, the prep takes longer than the actual procedure but mine is longer than that but that may be because they are carefully checking for reoccuring cancer cells.