Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 19)

Good morning, shopping ffriends. I just got back from having lab work done in time to catch the Bob Mackie presentation. I always enjoy his shows and some of his clothing. I'll likely go to bed afterwards as I'm not feeling the best.

I just typed a couple of paragraphs which accidentally were deleted. To summarize, the orthopedic appointment went well. The right knee is now completely bone on bone. I could go with gel injections which take a period 3 weeks to complete but last longer than the cortisone. These, however, require insurance pre-approval. Cortisone has always worked for me and I decided to give them another try as they have always worked well for me. I wasn't interested in waiting if they would work. My niece's insurance would not pay for the gel injections but would for a knee replacement. They did say to continue the biking exercise.

Time will tell if I order any Bob Mackie. I have a couple of items in the cart. I love that Songbird jackett.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 19)

Jean..I am sorry your knee has gotten so bad. I had the gel injections, which my insurance paid for and they were more effective than cortisone. That being said, once one is bone on bone, the only remedy is a knee replacement. My orthopedic surgeon , one of the best in Minneapolis, advised me not to wait too long.  My son had a tkr last year at the age of 42 from a serious football injury. You need to do what is best for you.

i haven't posted for a while. My Dh hemorrhages after some surgery and nearly died. So I was dealing with that traumatic situation...fortunately, he has made a full recovery. 

in addition to that we are selling our Mn home ...and cleaning out almost 50 years of stuff...2 dumpsters and multiple donations, we are almost ready to list. I am rapidly converting to a minimalist version of my former self.

i read daily so have been following everyone's good and not so good happenings. 

The weather has been great in Az. 

((((hugs))) to everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Barbara--Thanks for the input. I am postponing any decision about knee replacement surgery until after my Summer trip back to Australia. You have many challenges facing you with DH and with the move to Arizona. I do hope all works out well for you.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cold and sunny today. The mud is frozen so great for the dogs. They had me up at 5A & then at 730 for breakfast. Thank heavens for k cups. LOL

I had planned for grocery shopping today but I think I'm paying bills. I twisted my good knee in the yard and it's finally starting to heal better. Honestly, I was NOT in the line for grace and poise. LOL 

The Lunchtime special Camouflage  Co canvas storage bags finally arrived. (It's been about 2 weeks). They are nicer than I expected and a great price. I plan on using them in the work room for my supply of wreaths. I hope that it condenses them into a more manageable system. I'm always making new wreaths for the front door because the birds build nests on them or pick the twigs off for their nests in the planters. I put a "sacrifice" wreath on the porch post and a few with nest in there. I just gave in and decided that I would let them do what they want and just refresh as needed. I have a ton of supplies on hand from a business that I had so I have zero expense which works for my budget.

Has anyone had a stainless steel gazing ball? Mine was shattered with the "new" leaf blower that my husband bought last year. The stand survived. I didn't know there was such a thing but I saw them at Target. Just wondering if I should give it another try or not. I'm just starting to look for a statue or two for the front porch garden. 

I did cave and order the TSV since I have the air fryer now. I liked these in the past but had some abd luck with the auto delivery. I just got the one time shipment since they will keep in the freezer. I usually have a light lunch (mostly left overs) but it depends on what I have in the refrig and how my systems are feeling that day. This looks as quick as a Stouferrs and a little healthier. I ordered the veggie.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yikes Jean @KonaKat   bone on bone is not good.  

I bought this embroidered tee from Bob in 2017 and it's a beauty.

Image result for a290699

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fressa   A stainless steel gazing ball is probably a good idea for longevity.  I bet it would got hot in the sun though but I guess glass gets hot too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you got your lab work done, Jean.  It is good those cortisone shots work for you.  I had one for hip pain that seemed to help, but the one I had in my arthritic knee before my trip to Italy didn't work at all.  I have not been to an orthopedic doctor about my knee, and my regular doctor has not encouraged it.  If the pain gets worse, I will go.  Hopefully, that won't happen any time soon.

I know the gel treatments work for some people, but often they end up having knee replacements.  It would be nice if your insurance would at least let you try them if the cortisone shots don't help much.

Like you, I enjoy several Bob Mackie's pieces and have placed the "Big Deal" on my wishlist.  Just not sure how often I would wear it.

Really hope the sale of your MN home goes well, Barbara.  Great that your DH is doing okay now.

Sorry about your twisted knee, Fressa.  I don't have a gazing ball, but I think they are pretty.  Glad you are happy with the storage bags, and I hope the TSV works out.  The veggie version sounds good to me.

Hi Bernie -- that is a cute top.  

We are having mostly sunny and warm weather here.  Still above normal temperatures, which I enjoy.  Back from an OLLI class on happiness -- very interesting, and headed to my yoga class in a few minutes.  I needed to change clothes between classes.

Waves to all of our posters and readers. Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--I don't have a gazing ball but the stainless steel should last long as Bernie said. I've never tried potstickers so I didn't check the TSV out. I'm sure the vegetable option would be good.

Bernie--I have some Bob Mackie tops I really love. The first I got at the regular price,, and the second one came from "as is" with zero problems. His pants worked well for the orthopedic appointment.

Linda--I think the success of cortisone shots is very dependent upon the cortisone hiting the right spot. Hopefully, you won't have the need to go to an orthopedic. I looked at the Big Deal and like it but I don't know that I would wear it that often. Actually if it were knee length, I would be more tempted to order it. 

I felt so bad this morning, but that might have been the result of not having anything to eat or drink until almost 4 hours past my normal early breakast time. So far, the things that went into the cart have not been ordered.