Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 12)

Good Afternoon, Ladies!  It was cold last night, but it has warmed up to the mid-60's this afternoon.  And, it is sunny.  So, I'm much happier with the weather.  I saw that there were more weather issues in other parts of the country, and i hope all of you are staying safe and warm. 

I'm back from the senior lunch program and headed out to the gym soon.  I found out that another "regular" who had attended the lunch program for several years passed away on Sunday.  He was 101 and had a good life, but I'm sad to see him pass.  Seems like we are losing lots of people lately.  No word from my friend, but I'm hoping her son came from CA to be with her.  

The TSV looks nice, but I am not sure that the plants would work well for our area, and I don't want to invest in them, so it is another pass for me.  Hope any of you who order are happy with them.

DD and DGD are sick today (stomach issues that kept them up all night.  Oldest DGS went back to Philadelphia for work but drove this time since the flight is only 45 minutes but requires at least two hours of waiting plus travel time to and from the airports.  The roads were not great, but he made it there okay.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, FEB. 12)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Living to 101 is quite an accomplishment but is still a sad time when the individual passes. I do hope your DD feels better soon.

We had a high of 56 today but high winds are coming in soon with the possibility of slow flurries and black ice for the morning. The local news carried coverage of the snow in Wisconsin. I do hope Twinny is faring well, and that Bernie is not being hit hard with that snow as it moves Eastward.

I haven't seen the TSV but I have the deadly touch lately when it comes to real plants. At one time, I had great luck so I don't know what has made the difference. Part of it I can blame on the animals who love to dine on plants.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi friends - I know there were things I was going to respond to from yesterday's postings, but I'm busy getting dinner on the table.  Yesterday was one of those difficult days.  I was driving my mom to a doctor's appointment and was late, and then time spent there was over 4 hours.  I had a mild headache, which under the strong fluorescent lighting, became a migraine.  That stuck with me till 10 pm, and pretty much wiped out the rest of my day.  Today I felt better and caught up on things.  Having a nice dinner of BBQ pork strips, baked potatoes and salad.  Will try to check back tomorrow more thoroughly.  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

Wow am I late.  I started my morning shoveling snow covered by a couple of layers of ice.  The snow joe shovel did what it could for my shoulders however I felt the weight of the icey snow in my lower back.  Short of then going to the grocery store a few hours later, I was worn out, lol.

I received the Nicky Butler celtic band ring that I ordered from HSN last week.  I love it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise