Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 22)

Bernie--I agree, especially since gift giving opportunities are limited. I'm blaming it on Midnight.

Christmaswish.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, just finished the first step of the eggnog, 4 batches all awaiting the whipped cream & whipped egg whites, for when DD gets here after work, goes faster with 2, been doing the whipping cream in the processor, works well, then will bottle it all up ready for gift giving in a day or two.  Also got 6 loaves of Ricotta bread (like stollen) ready to be wrapped, if I've already said this, please forgive, my brain is having cramps  lol

Now will take out gaarbage & re-cycles, weather is very mild.

Take Care & a Good Evening to All

Esteemed Contributor

Spix--You have been super busy! I've so completely dismissed holiday preparations that I had forgotten about egg nog. I remember making it several years ago. When you get done with taking out the garbage, you can do mine. I'll set the alarm for very early in the morning so I can put mine out on the curb.

I'm watching "House" streamed from Netflx. I should have a medical degree by the time I finish watching this series again. I need a marathon of all the golden oldie medical shows dating back to Marcus Welby, Dr. Kildare, etc.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

At one my Marcus Welby was in rotation of my over the air TV  shows.

I like watching Emergency.  Randolph Mantooth was so good looking to me he bordered on pretty.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone, looks like everyone is busy as usual today.

I think I hit the 'wall' today. So very tired. Did a minimum today and in so doing found I will need to get out tomorrow to get some stocking stuffers, but that's about it as far as shopping goes. Hope I am feeling more ambitious to get that done. Will strip the beds and get that laundry done, then that will be all the after-guests clean up finished. Tomorrow evening we will be going to hubby's son and dil's home for a get together with them, their little boy and also his daughter and her SO, we will order pizza so no cooking needs to be done. That will be fun, we always enjoy it. My daughter who is moving cross country and her family left here on Monday morning, went to KC, Mo to spend some time with my granddaughter there, left KC this morning and are now in Denver with my grandson, not sure how long they will be there, but know they will be in Las Vegas on Christmas day and the day after, from there it's about 2 hours to their final destination. As for my truck driver daughter, she was scheduled to get home on Christmas Eve, in Chicago today when her truck broke down, was towed to a dealership where they told her it would not even be brought into the shop till mid week, next week at the earliest. The company was going to put her in a motel, but then arranged a rental car for her to come home, she is enroute home now, probably home around midnight or so. My daughters are literally all over the place, lol. I am going to straighten up the kitchen just a little bit and head to bed and my kindle for a while, then off to sleep. Waves to everyone.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure who Shopaholics is (are), but I see something here everyday. I assume it's a tight-knit group who checks in everyday with each other to let each other know what you are doing for the day. Just curious.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1

I'm one of the posters new to the thread this year.  Some of the posters have been posting with each other a very long time.  From my perspective, we're a group of women who come together every day to chit chat about whatever is on our minds.  Some days we have a lot to say, some days we don't.

If you'd like to pop in an say hello, you are welcome.  We don't quarrel or bicker - it's a great group of women.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise