Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 22)

Hi everyone!  Bernie - Scrip is sold as a fundraiser.  Basically you buy gift cards to all kinds of places and your fundraiser of choice gets a certain % back.  I usuallly buy Scrip from my church and it helps send kids to camp.  Twinny - sorry that your mother is declining in health - hugs to all.  LindaL - hugs to you as well, as you care for your DH.  Sydsgma - sounds like your family get together was much fun.  So happy that your DD treats you well.  Jean - I had an annoying experience with Macy's too.  I bought my DD's new professional clothing (she needs them when she starts clincal rotations for college) at Macy's a week ago and got $45 Macy's rewards money, to be used in stores or online.  On Friday (the first day I could use the rewards money, I went online to purchase more items but I couldn't get the order to go through.  I called "customer service".  Ha!  I was on hold for 30 minutes, then I got a foreign woman who couldn't speak English.  She had no idea what she was doing.  It took me half an hour of dealing with her incompetance before I was through.  Today was the first day I could check the progress of my order online, and I'm happy to say that the rewards money did go through correctly.  But seriously, Macy's version of customer service is terrible.  Sorry for that long tale - just wanted you to know that I sympathize.  We should all be grateful that QVC still uses Americans for customer service.

Thank you dear friends for putting up with my grumpiness yesterday.   Thankfully I'm feeling better physically and emotionally today.  The trials don't seem so big.  Arlene - I will keep in mind your suggestion about the laptop repair and how much it might cost.  

My cookie baking day with my DD and mother went really well yesterday.  We just took our time and enjoyed each other's company.  My BIL came over and cleaned some of my Mom's windows for her.  While he was at it, I grabbed some window cleaner, paper towels, and I cleaned off her very dusty chandelier.  It looks pretty and sparkly now.  Afterwards my DD and I took her little kitty in to the vet's to get an x-ray and some blood work done.  The cat has been sick and not eating the past 3 days.  No specific diagnosis, but she's on fluids and some meds.  It's nice having vet connections!

Today will be the first time in quite a few days that I don't have a bunch of errands to run.  It'll be nice to stay home and putter around here.  We're even having some rain - yahoo!  We need it.  Hope you all have a great day.   ~   Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone - I'm trying to finish an assignment so I won't have to think about it after Christmas. 

There is a stately steel necklace that is still tempting me at HSN.  It's pricey $70 for steel on a leather cord but there is just something about it, lol.

Stately Steel Stainless Steel Braided Leather Necklace

So far, I am holding out and not ordering it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Charlene--I'm glad that someone else other than me has had a negative experience with the Macy's discounts. I know I followed all the instructions and the final page before hitting submit showed all the discounts as being applied but the order number page and amount charged did not. According to them, I could call within 30 minutes to have the order revisted and correcttions made. No luck  with the telephone approach so I emailed them. Still no reply but that is o.k. I've never had a problem applying Kohls discounts online so I didn't expect a problem with Macy's. They didn't get my money. It is enough to make the holiday spirit disappear! Ba Hum Bug!! You had your day yesterday; mine is today!!

Bernie--I like that necklace. It would be hard to resist. It is calling, calling you!! Smiley Happy Does that necklace of steel have a designer name attached for that price?

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Well, I got my item from eBay. I haven't ordered an item from there in several months but since Macy's didn't cooperate, I found almost the same item there new with tags and it came in less than what it would have cost me with all discounts at Macy's. In the meantime, the secretary is either working unusually late or forgot my check. She usually works from 6:30am to 2:30pm.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Bernie; just an FYI. HSN is having clearance. Jewelry clearance starts at midnight. No guarantee it will be included but just a thought
Respected Contributor

Charlene: glad you had a lovely visit. Thanks for the scrip explain! Nice benefit
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

No Jean, there is no designer name attached to it.  I have a couple of Steel by Design pieces (when they were more affordable) from the Q that I wear more frequently that my sterling silver.  I thought I would try the Stately Steel and nearly choked at the price.  I should have nosed around the jewelry a week ago when I had a 20% off coupon from HSN.

I've been telling myself, you know Bern, you are going to be observing your 35th anniversary with your employer on January 5th,.  After 35 years, you shouldn't choke on treating yourself to something.

Then I think back to my 30th anniversary when I bought a beautiful multilstrand turquoise bracelet from the Q and a nice non tarnish jewelry portfolio (prezerve brand) from the Q.  Boy I miss the prezerve brand of non tarnish cases. 

Then I think after 35 years you should really splurge Bernie.  Then the angel on my shoulder says, ahem, remember the mortgage.

Honestly, I think I need my head examined.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  I have to work tomorrow, however....... I could stay up past midnight and check on the prices using my tablet so I don't wake up the birds :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I see you using your tablet after Midnight. Good luck on the hunt!  My hunt is over; I don't have a mortgage to consider but I do have another long range goal. I've treated myself too well this month, some needed and some a want. The "needs" could have been delayed a month but the price was rightl

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat

If you don't treat yourself once in a while, who else will?