Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 22)

Good morning, shopping friends. I was to have worked today but the teacher changed plans and decided a day out wasn't necessary. Ba Hum Bug!

I have no need for an Apple watch. I can think of other things on which I can spend $580+. As far as I'm concerned, let's move on to January 2 and a new year.

I've already started my holiday break by going through the house and seeing what can disappear. I do know Waste Management will be overwhelmed with boxes tomorrow morning, not to mention the two 30 gallon trash bags all ready to go. Who knows what will be ready for them tomorrow?

Macy's and I have had a disagreement. I had $30 in cash to spend with them and rather than travel 78 miles one way to use it....not cost effective, I decided to use it online. I found an item I wanted (not needed) and decided to redeem the cash on it. All went well and the ending balance looked correct until I hit submit. At that point, the balance I owed them did not reflect the $30 plus a 15% off. Since I only had 30 minutes to cancel the order, I did the sensible thing and cancelled. eBay may be getting a customer.

Wow! It is Winter and now we are being rewarded with longer days. Yea!!! It may only be seconds longer right now but it is movement in the right direction. I got something out of the Apple watch presentation---the reminder that the days are now getting longer for us.

I know many of you are wrapped up on last minute preparations. Enjoy your activities!

If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, DEC. 22)

Good morning!

Kona I have some trouble using points and gift cards online before....I called and made my order over the phone and got it wo work that way, time consuming tho.

I have finished all the shopping even groceries!  Yesterday after work Kroger was crazy.

Today at work is pretty slow, yeah!  After today I will be off till 12/28/2015.  I am really looking forward to cooking for Christmas Eve dinner.  My DH said that the best money we ever spent was for our dining room table..lots of good food, conversations and memories have taken place around that table.

This year I hope to make some new wonderful memories, Mark will be there, as will my son and his wife along with Marks son and his wife, also Marks daughter, her husband is a VA State Trooper, will be on duty.  And 2 couples that are long time friends.  Can't wait!

I hope that everyone is well.  If I don't post again, have a very Merry Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

JEAN, Bah humbug to no working today, but it sounds like you are doing a great job with your decluttering.  It is foggy again today but very mild for this time of year.  DH is out for his morning walk & commented about it feeling like April around here.  I so appreciate all of the kind words & prayers for mom & our family. I was really having a hard time last week as mom was doing so poorly & I really want our DS & DDIL to see mom one more time.  She is still on food that is pulverized but can now eat by herself.  She still sleeps a lot & doesn't get up until around noon but the plan for now is to bring her to our home on Thursday after we have eaten lunch & I have help getting her into & out of our home.  She is totally wheelchair bound & we don't have a ramp here but only 2 steps to go up & down.  DH & I are soon leaving for the day for a little shopping, lunch out with friends & a couple of hours playing cards.  Just need to wash the floors tomorrow with my new Shark steam mop & make my jello salad tomorrow night for Thursday's lunch.  There will be 14 of us for lunch & I plan to really go all out with setting the table.  Mom said how nice it all was when she was here for Thanksgiving, so I hope to really make her happy for Christmas as she will eat something with us when we get her to our home.  I call it simple elegance.  I am playing Santa for mom this year with her DGC & DGGC.  I do read the posts at night, but sometimes don't have the energy to think about what I would like to say to all of you.  Hugs to all of you.

Valued Contributor

Twinny, please know that I remember you and your family in my daily prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Sorry that you aren't working today, Jean.  But, it sounds like it will be a busy day for you in any case.  I can't imagine buying the TSV, certainly not something I would want or need.  But, I guess some people would enjoy it. Sorry it didn't work out with Macy's.  I have never tried ordering from them on-line, but I know sometimes the price I think I'll pay doesn't seem to work.  Like you, I just cancel the order when that happens.

Hi Rosa -- your dinner sounds wonderful.  Hope you have a really nice Christmas with your family and Mark and his family.  My SIL will be going to Christmas dinner at her DIL's families' house with her new friend.  And, the night before that, she will be having dinner with her youngest son and DIL and DGS.  Her oldest son will also be there (driving from Oklahoma, I think).  She is so excited, and I don't blame her.

I am praying for you twinny, and I really hope your Christmas meal and visit with your Mom goes well.  Glad she can feed herself now.  I'm having trouble with DH getting the food from the plate to his mouth, but I'm working on it.

He had an accident this morning, so I have spent a bunch of time cleaning up.  Not fun.  We have the senior lunch program this morning and he has physical therapy this afternoon.  I hope to make it to the gym later, but that may or may not happen.

I understand the weather on the East Coast is quite warm, but ours isn't so nice.  I think the highs will be in the low 60's today, and it is cloudy. It should be pretty cool on Christmas (highs in the 50's) with a chance of rain.

DH's DD will be coming for a weekend in February, which should be nice.  She will be bringing his younger DGD.  She and her family are going to France and Germany for two weeks the day after Christmas -- hope they have a good and safe trip.  

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Marijane (thanks for thinking of me and posting that article on FB), LindaR, Charlene, Bernie, snicks, spix, Gayle, Karen, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twinny--You are having a most difficult time in what should be a joyous season. Treasure each moment you have with your mother and make the most of each moment you have together as well as the time you have to yourself and family.  We definitely understnad why you may not be able to post but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rose--I  had 30 minutes in which to cancel. I did call but all I could get was automated service, so after 10 minutes I decided to cancel. I was really impressed with my first online order with Macy's but no points, etc. was used. I received the order in two days after ordering with free shipping. Another individual here placed an order with the brand at its online store for the same item without going to Macy's. She paid extra for two-day delivery and had not received it in three days, one day after I received mine. She contacted them and they refunded her. Her order was last seen in Illinois at a FedEx point. Mine came by USPS. Oh well, that is $30 not used which supposedly was an incentive to shop again. I've never had a problem with Kohls. Enjoy your Christmas with family and with Mark.

Linda--Like Twinny, you are another who is doing her best to make the most of the holiday. I know that it is a difficult time for you and that you are doing your best. I do hope the family has a safe trip and can visit upon their return.

The school secretary called and said she would drop off my check on her way through town. That was very thoughtful of her as I expected it to be mailed since I wasn't working today. Macy's is not getting part of it but the item is available on eBay. Time will tell!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning. I am wrapping up what I need for Christmad. It is a blessed holiday for me and I know I Am fortunate to have a large, loving family.  Not al of you have that blessing, but I hope you can find peace and joy in the season of the birth of Jesus.

we had a wonderful weekend with our kids, spouses and the 7 grands. My youngest daughter treats me like a queen and I do nothing but enjoy. Sydnie did a great job of not having a lot of gifts to open....we save hers for here and she gets gifts from Santa because she still believes.

jean. Hope you use this time off to rest...I am reading a good series on kindle my Michael Robotham. If you like crime stories, these are excellent.

linda, sorry about dh. You are an angel.

twinny, enjoy the memories you will make with your mom.

rosa, your day sounds lovely.

tomorrow is cookie baking day with Sydnie.,it is one of our traditions.

i know I have missed mentioning a lot of you. Merry Christmad ((((hugs)))).🎄🎄

Super Contributor

Jean
The macys cash is located in the my wallet on the check out oage, u need to click on it to activate it and it should be reflected on the final check out.
Hope this helps Smiley Happy
I used mine plus a discount and free shipping 😊
Respected Contributor

Twinny:  Hugs to you dear lady.

Rosa:  Lots of wonderful memories around your table.  New memories to be made.

Jennifer:  I didn't realize there was a wallet on Macy's checkout page.  I had ordered some items a few weeks ago---I guess it didn't go through.  Decided I really didn't need them. 

LindaL:  Oh hoping your DH's family has a wonderful trip.  I know you will enjoy the visit in the spring. Hugs to you.

Jean:  Very sweet of the special delivery on your paycheck.  School has been out since last Friday here.  But we don't have the snow days that you have exprienced.

Esteemed Contributor

Jennifier--Thanks for the info but I had done that and all looked good so I hit "submit." When I got the order number, all that was reflected was the 15% off and free shipping.  Macy's did not respond to me about what had happened to the "Macy's cash," so I cancelled the order before the 30 minutes expired. I'm glad it worked for you . They have yet to respond to me as I sent them an email when the phone call didn't work.  Right now, I'm going after the item on eBay which will result in paying less than if all the Macy's discounts had worked.

Barbara--You are indeed fortunate to have a large family for an enjoyable holiday. So many people do not have family at this time of the year, or if they do, the holiday brings one crisis after another with regrets.

LindaR--So far we have had no snow days this school year which is fine with me. We are expected to continue breaking high temperature records for this week with Christmas expected to be ten to fifteen degrees higher than the old record for Christmas. I liked the pic of you and Kathleen which I saw on FB. I know you enjoy getting together.