Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUGUST 2)

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to thank all of you for your kindness about Clarice's passing. I appreciate it so much.

I am trying to get back to my routine which means today is bill paying. UGH!!  There's a stack of paperwork on my desk chair but that will probably have to wait until tomorrow.

The forecast said zero chance of rain today and in the 90's all week. It's cloudy with some wind and scattered rain.It will water the gardens and the grass we planted in the patio area. We've had decent luck with that "Grotrex" grass roll.

I've watched a bit of the Q but really haven't been tempted too much. I did a "do-over" with the storage cubes in my closet and added a few items to the throw or donate piles. I sorted thru the purse and shoe supply and only kept the ones I use/wear all the time. 

I finally finished the work room and started (again) on the cedar closet. I must have decluttered one or two times because the bedding supply wasn't stacked too high. The only clothes were my old office outfits so most of those will be donated. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUGUST 2)

Hi Fressa @Fressa  I paid 5 bills online this morning, today must be the day for it.  We were supposed to get rain yesterday and it missed me.  We're supposed to get storms tomorrow and rain on Thursday.  I'll wait and see.  I was out of wild birdseed so I did the grocery shopping a day early.  I didn't need much and found a sale on orange juice, shredded cheese and my favorite bread for toast.

I had half a tank of gas in the car and decided to fill 'er up today - 3.82 per gallon for regular.

It's been cooler and breezy today so I've enjoyed open windows and fresh air.  Since it's going to be ungodly hot and humid again tomorrow, I take it where I can get it Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. Fressa, I was sorry to hear about Clarice's unexpected death.   A shock for all of you.    It's been a beautiful week of weather. Sorry I messed this all up and had to start over.  More after we have dinner! Glenda
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, I am glad that you are getting some decluttering done.  It does make closets and drawers look nice.  I did it a few months ago with shoes and handbags.  Some purses & shoes are for church, date night, shopping & traveling.  I wear most of my shoes 80% of the time.  The rest are for church and dressing up.  We were supposed to get rain yesterday, but it missed us.  I think we are going to get some this week.

Bird Mama, I tried to send you this great weather to you.   We have been able to have the windows open part of each day and overnight for over a week.   It's in the 80's today and the ugly 90's will get here tomorrow.  Then a few 89's days. I am so ready for Fall.  Our lowest gas prices are $3.87.  My dh filled up both of our mopeds and it was $8.18.  Now we are good for at least 6 weeks.

We had a nice time with our guests whom came on Friday night and went back home after breakfast on Sunday morning.  We took them to the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning and then we all had a good lunch at Chop Sticks.

They went to a large (250 people) beautiful wedding in Lake Geneva on Saturday at 5:00.  The Bride and Groom are both Veterinarians.   They said they didn't see any water, but we went to a beautiful beach there when our dgc were small.  We all went on the Mail Boat which was fascinating.  If the college kids weren't quick, they were in the water.

It took us a few days to recover, but worth every minute of the fun.  

I had PT this morning, went into the hot tub after lunch which feels so good and then to the gym.  One of the machines at the gym is like one I went on at PT for the first time today.  I don't think I am quite as sore.  Next Tuesday was supposed to be my last session, but they told me to sign up for a few more.  Just in case.  

My tomato plants still look puney, but I am getting a few each day.   

Next Tuesday morning I have PT, on Thursday I have labs and 6 months Dr. follow-up.   Then lunch at Culver's with a couple of my former co-workers.

Yesterday I went to the outlet store and bought a cute little plaque for my bathroom and a Christmas picture which lights up to hang on the LR wall.  Both came to less than $17.00.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

BirdMama---That's a better price for gas than up here---we're still a little under $5/gallon. UGH!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---Good news that your PT is going well. Getting into the hot tub after the session was a good idea. How relaxing. 

It sounds like your guests had a wonderful weekend stay with you. 

I always love it when I find something I like (especially for the house) and it's a deal! It's the best!