Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUGUST 18)

Good Morning, Ladies!  I know some of you are not on Facebook, so I will share the sad news that Karen's Dad passed away.  If you are reading, Karen, please accept my sincere condolences.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen (hope you are finding your way in Houston), Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Rosa, Marijane, Susan, Barbara, Charlene, pinky ann, Gayle,  and all of our posters and readers.

I am so sorry for your continuing plumbing issues, LindaR.  Hopefully, they were able to finish the job yesterday.  

The bookclub/lunch yesterday was okay, but the restaurant was noisy and crowded, and I had trouble taking notes, etc.  The food was excellent, however, we will need to find another place to meet next month.

Welcome to our new poster -- glad you are able to find some good advice here.  I have been on our thread for quite a while, and I do find the tips and advice very helpful.  Like most of us, I'm a work in progress on all fronts, including shopping.

We have our senior lunch program today, and I plan to go to the gym later.  DH is doing okay, but he is definitely struggling with his dementia.  I spoke to his DD last night, and she is very supportive and sympathetic.  That is a blessing, since I can second-guess my caregiving efforts a lot.  I do appreciate all your prayers and support.

No gold shopping for me -- really not tempted since I have more than enough jewelry.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUGUST 18)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

LindaL - Thank you for starting us today.  Glad DH is doing better today, please be sure to take care of yourself.  Have a good time at your job today and enjoy the gym.

Karen - I am very sorry for the loss of your father.  Please take care of yourself.

I have company coming for dinner tonight, so I am running around here doing this and that to get ready.  I have looked at some of the gold offered today, but am not buying, I have too much jewelry I don't wear because I just don't go anywhere. 

Well off to do a couple more things, hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

LindaL - thanks for getting us started today and sharing the sad news about Karen's father. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Karen, I am so very sorry that you lost your father.

Valued Contributor

Linda, you are you DH are in my prayers, I think of  you both often.

Today is a big day here, I am 59!  YIKES! I can hardly believe it.  We are having lunch brought in for the office from Olive Garden, when I got to work my desk was all decorated , with streamers and such.

Tonight Mark and I are meeting my son  and his wife and Marks' daughter for dinner. Mexican with a Margarita!  My son and Marks' daughter have know each other their whole life, this is the first time we have all gone out all together.

i hope that everyone is well and having a good day!

Almost forgot, I love my D&C TSV pants, for me the fit is great.

Honored Contributor

Good morning to all.

Thanks for starting us off today LL.

So sorry to read about Karen's dad's passing. You also have my sincere sympathy.

LL, I am sure you are doing an admirable job of caregiving. I so hope I am not faced with this in the future, as I know I will not be good at it. I do not have much patience, another of my failings. Its good that his DD is understanding about the issue.

Well, at least the food was good, too bad so noisy for your bookclub/luncheon.

Yes, I think we are all a 'work in process' on most fronts, shopping is one. I think I am doing pretty well as far as shopping, right now, but never know when I will find something I think I just have to have, whether I really do need it or not.

We did not get any rain yesterday and so far, although it is forecast for today, the sun is brightly shining. Getting hot out again also, I was outside for a couple hours this morning and decided it was getting hot out, so came back inside. Not much planned for today, just need to get a gift for my daughter and one for granddaughters birthdays in the mail. Thinking of making shake and bake chicken for dinner tonight. We'll see...

Waving to everyone.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@fbm882lsm,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy your day and dinner out tonight.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Karen: so sorry to hear about your Dad. I know you will miss him as you miss your Mom

Rosa: happy birthday to you!!!

LindaL: I know being a caregiver is difficult. I know you will feel overwhelmed at times but you don't walk alone.

Oh my plumbing issues continue. I decided to replace another toilet. All the faucets will be new except the master bath. I should consider replacing those also even thought they aren't original. Other items were original. I know Linda replaced plumbing within the past months.
Respected Contributor

Aloha from beautiful Maui., we are having a wonderful, relaxing time.,I always find peace here.

karen..my sympathy on your dads passing. I know how hard that is.

rosa...a very happy birthday. 

Linda..many (())))hugs)))to you.

bernie..hope things are better at work.

sydnie is thoroughly enjoying it here. Tonight we are going to a luau..I want her to see the dancing.

may everyone have a wonderful day.