Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUGUST 17)

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  We had more rain last night and this morning.  Now, the sun is out, but they are still saying that there is a chance of thunderstorms.  What a strange summer we have had with all this rain.  

I finally got my hearing aid this morning, and it seems to be working well.  The audiologist told me that he is leaving the practice, and I can't say that I'm sorry.  But, now I will be getting both a new ear doctor (my doctor no longer comes to the area) and a new audiologist. The earliest appointment I could get is in November.  

There is supposed to be a "newcomers" brown bag picnic tomorrow, so I went to the gym after I finished with the audiologist.  I wore a mask the whole time, and it was not easy at all.  But, I felt a little safer.  Not sure the picnic will happen due to the weather, but maybe.

I certainly don't need any more jewelry, so I think I'm safe for today.  After looking at my "exercise" leggings, I decided that my favorites were some from New Balance that are no longer being sold.  Since IM had some leggings with New Balance that were on sale, I ordered them a while ago.  They are supposed to arrive this week, but I am not counting on it.  Not really a "need", but I do like wearing them in the gym.  And, if I like these, I will donate some that I don't like as well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone is having a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Barbara's husband is still in the hospital, and I'm sure he and Barbara would appreciate your continued good thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUGUST 17)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   We under the threat of rain for the rest of the week and into the weekend.  I guess on the bright side it's helped my water bill this spring/summer.  I made a quick trip to Walmart this morning and then broke down and made a quick trip to Meijers this evening.  The wild birds were waiting on my roof for supper and I was out of seed - they guilted me into grabbing my purse, throwing on some jeans and heading over to the store quickly.  

Barbara and her husband remain in my prayers.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUGUST 17)

LindaLatte---I will continue to keep Barbara and her husband in my prayers.