Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG.9)

Jean, I hope that you like the Clark's.  Have fun in the city with friends on Thursday.  I was watching D. & Co.& TPIR at the same time.  You are doing great with donating.  Our schools start September 1st.  It used to be after Labor Day, but that has been extra late.  I do lots of things to music too.  Washing dishes, dusting, reading & decluttering.  

Marijane, have fun floating today.  We will be in the 90's by tomorrow & then 70's for the weekend.  My shower bench has 4 legs.  Two fit into the tub & the other two are on the outside of the tub.  Very sturdy & I cannot fall off.  Drugstores, Farm & Fleet etc. all sell it for $60 or less if on sale.  It has been a God send for me.  The shower curtain hides most of it.

Susan, I hope that the new dishwasher is to your liking.  I usually only iron before we go on vacation.  

SNICK's, good job for you & Linda L, in getting in so many steps.  I did lots of laundry again today.  It always smells so nice & there is a wonderful breeze again today.

I took my walk early as it will be hot.  It will be in the 90's tomorrow, so no more walking this week.

My stomach has been upset. I think that I have eaten too many tomatoes & cucumbers.  I get lab work & 6 month follow-up with my GI tomorrow morning.

I am cooking tomatoes & will put them into freezer containers.  We hot tubbed before lunch as it is too hot now.

I washed whites, colors & sheets this morning.  My cousin will be staying here Friday & Saturday night.  She has her 45th class reunion in our town & we are all going to a "fancy dancey" on Saturday night.  

Bird Msma, hoping that you are feeling better.

Linds L. I am so happy to hear that your DH is doing well.  It will certainly give you peace of mind.  Being nearby is a plus too.

Hugs toi all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Jean, I hope that you like the Clark's.  Have fun in the city with friends on Thursday.  I was watching D. & Co.& TPIR at the same time.  You are doing great with donating.  Our schools start September 1st.  It used to be after Labor Day, but that has been extra late.  I do lots of things to music too.  Washing dishes, dusting, reading & decluttering.  

Marijane, have fun floating today.  We will be in the 90's by tomorrow & then 70's for the weekend.  My shower bench has 4 legs.  Two fit into the tub & the other two are on the outside of the tub.  Very sturdy & I cannot fall off.  Drugstores, Farm & Fleet etc. all sell it for $60 or less if on sale.  It has been a God send for me.  The shower curtain hides most of it.

Susan, I hope that the new dishwasher is to your liking.  I usually only iron before we go on vacation.  

SNICK's, good job for you & Linda L, in getting in so many steps.  I did lots of laundry again today.  It always smells so nice & there is a wonderful breeze again today.

I took my walk early as it will be hot.  It will be in the 90's tomorrow, so no more walking this week.

My stomach has been upset. I think that I have eaten too many tomatoes & cucumbers.  I get lab work & 6 month follow-up with my GI tomorrow morning.

I am cooking tomatoes & will put them into freezer containers.  We hot tubbed before lunch as it is too hot now.

I washed whites, colors & sheets this morning.  My cousin will be staying here Friday & Saturday night.  She has her 45th class reunion in our town & we are all going to a "fancy dancey" on Saturday night.  

Bird Mama, hoping that you are feeling better.

Linds L. I am so happy to hear that your DH is doing well.  It will certainly give you peace of mind.  Being nearby is a plus too.

Hugs to all of you.

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon!

Bernie I am glad your fall was not worse, I always worried about falling when I lived alone.

Linda I am glad for you that you DH is doing well.

I am so busy ar work trying to wind down, hopefull next week , but I won't leave till someone has been hired.

We have had rain on and off the past several days, sometimes very hard.

I had a set a mocrofiber sheets and did not like them, too thin. The quality was not good, but I bought then several years ago when mocrofiber was new, so I would imigine that the fabric has improved.  My Mother loved crisp white sheets and towels. 

I hope that everyone is doing well.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

@twinny70 wrote:

Bird Mama, hoping that you are feeling better.

Linda L. I am so happy to hear that your DH is doing well.  It will certainly give you peace of mind.  Being nearby is a plus too.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how I messed up so bad today.

Rosa, I had microfiber sheets & they were very hot in the summer & cold in the winter.  

Enjoy your retirement.

Linda, it is good that you will have help with the lift chair as they are heavy.

Honored Contributor

@Genny1

The transfer bench for the bath kinda looks like this.  Two legs inside the tub, two legs outside.  You get on it on the outside of the tub and slide over into the tub.

Product Details

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

This is from a transcript of a Q conference call reported on SeekingAlpha.com:

Chris Shean

Well, I would say, what we see in general is that what we are seeing sort of the biggest falloff in sales is with our most valued customers. These are sort of the best of the best customers have pulled back somewhat. Now, I caution that, that means a customer that might have been making 15 or 20 purchases a month, might have pulled back one or two purchases, right. So, they are still highly, highly engaged with us, but pulling back on the margin. Whether that’s because she is feeling financial pressure, whether that’s because that’s the customer that spends the most on fashion and she is kind of waiting for the new stuff, it’s a little bit hard to tell. We don’t see any correlation. We have looked at our own customers’ kind of outstanding payments to us and to see if her level of outstanding payments correlates with any change in performance and we haven’t seen any. So, it’s hard to tell. But what we are concerned the write-off rates bumped up a bit. We are not seeing an obvious linkage between that issue and the sales trend. But I guess, the final point I would make on that is given that the sales shortfall is with our best customers, (emphasis added)

From the same conference call:

In fact, most write-offs associated with Easy-Pay, the overwhelming amount of the write-offs associated with Easy-Pay are actually from new customers.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3996597-liberty-interactives-qvca-ceo-greg-maffei-q2-2016-results-ea...

@KonaKat

if they need help understanding it, i can break it down.  QVC, your prices are getting ridiculously stupid on house brand fashions. 

Honored Contributor

Hello, just checking in, albeit late, to let you know the flying Wallenda of Michigan is still among the living, rofl.

Work's been busy - I hit the ground running and am just now able to catch my breath.  It's all good, they pay me by the hour - just tell me what you want me to do.

Boy, you can tell mentally I'm ready for retirement, lol.  While I still take pride in the work I do (from a quality and timeliness perspective),  now it's about the money.  I don't really identify with my employer anymore.

I'm okay with it too, he he he.

Trusted Contributor

THanks Bernie for the pix....I guess I am seeing too many "bath fitters" commercials on tv lately....don't know if anyone else gets the commercials...they fit a new bathtub over your existing one and I was thinking it was something like that  you were talking about and thinking boy that's big to be putting on and off.