Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG.9)

Bird Mama, my shower bench is one long piece without the moveable seat.  The arm rest is like that though with it being on the inside of the tub & there is a back rest in the middle of the unit. 

Marijane, I have a regular bath tub/shower combo unit, so the transfer  bench is perfect.  I also sit on the end & slide over.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I commend you for doing your job well & having an id*ot for a boss.  I liked my  job as I had a nice boss for many years.  Things changed quickly when my illness forced me to leave work immediately.  The "HEAD HONCHO" over my boss didn't want to get severance pay which I was entitled to.  

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I've seen the Bathsitter displays in the mall. It supposedly is less expensive than teariang out the old and replacing. I didn't price them.

Twinny--I remember helping my mother can tomatoes. It was a very hot job in the Summer. I am sorry that you are having GI issues. Hopefully the tests will find a solution.

Rosie--I know you are looking forward to retirement, but you are dedicated to stay on the job until a replacement is found.

Bernie--I just finished doing my laundry which consisted primarily of Denim & Co. tops and bottoms. I've had these two and three years so they have  been cost effective but comparable tops are going around $5 more. I do like your "cut to the heart of it" financial analysis.

I also have QF jeans that just have the heart on the pocket. They are more expensive than the D&C but these have held their price for a couple of years., I am looking for a price increase when the current supply is restocked. These also last a long time for me as I take good care of my clothes that I wear primarily out in public. When getting   less than desirable, they become "wear around the house."

If the "easy pay debt" is being created primarily by new customers, then what the Q needs to do is reward its faithful customers by special offers, price reductions, etc. Amazon has no problem doing that. It doesn't take a computer long to sort out the "best" customers and issue them a special offer.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  Just checking in - nothing going on and my boring summer continues.  The Walmart seller I got that defective pool from was wonderful and refunded me right away; I'm now down to a kiddie pool that 2' deep with an interior of about 5' - just big enough to sit in with a book and a cold drink, and so far it seems to be OK. Thanks, Mark - YOU'RE FIRED!!!!  I never did hear back from that loser about finishing the work that has to be done.  Cat Mad

I had lunch with a friend who's birthday was on Sunday; we went to a Mexican restaurant where I had Texas fajitas - steak, chicken, and shrimp.  It was nice to get out, and I have plenty left over for another meal.

I'm not surprised QVC sales are down, what with high prices, the lack of unique items you can't find elsewhere, and LOUSY customer service.  I just remembered that I had ordered the TSV pillows and sent the check in some time ago, but never got them. I checked the order status only to see the order has been cancelled, so I called and was told they didn't receive my payment, check with my bank, get a copy of the check if it cleared...  Cat Mad  I assured the guy I spoke to that the next time I need something I'll get it from Amazon, as that was my last ever order from QVC.

LindaL, how is DH doing?  Is he adjusting OK?

Susan, I could use a new dishwasher as well - I've only had mine for a few years, but it's a piece of junk that doesn't do a good job and is a real hassle to clean...or try to; it's not possible to get all the gunk out.  Next time I'll know enough to ask how to clean it out before I buy one.

Jean, I wish I could find a store that plays soft, gentle music - seems like everywhere I go it's loud, obnoxious stuff - not even the pleasant soft rock that I enjoy.  

Rosa, I don't think the fabric on the new microfiber sheets is any better. I got a set a year or so ago, and although they're thin and soft, they're hot as heck to sleep on in the summer. I don't know about winter - I use flannel sheets then.

Sorry to hear about your fall, Bird.

Well, I promised Autumn a swim in the park, so I'd better get moving.

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day! 

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

There she is :-)

Good to see you Arlene.  Maybe you will be able to score a pool off season for next summer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise