Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG. 4)

Good morning, shoppiing friends. I would love to say I am in a shopping mood but right now, I'm not. I know there are some purchases ahead I will be making but right now, other things are of a higher priority.

I have physical therapy today; the Thursday one is the evaluation of improvement and may possibly be the last. It may sound odd but I've enjoyed the interaction despite the pain at times. Yesterday, I had my follow up appointment with the cardiologist because of AFib which is under control. My blood pressure wasd 116/68; pulse rate 67, and oxygen saturation of 99%. The EKG was normal.

Midnight is now home again. It isn't the same but he is with me. I have comfort in knowing that plus the reality that he is not facing pain as he was rapidly deteriorating. This is the urn.

MidnightUrn.jpg

I would love to get away but all those people who went to Myrtle Beach, didn't social distance, etc., brought back the virus and infected many in our state and those people infected others before realizing they were infected.

The govenor is actually thinking of making state people who go out of state to face quarantine and the test upon return. Our cumulative positive percentage is 2.36% and has been under 3% for several weeks. Yesterday's rate jumped to 3.18% for the daily rate.

My niece and I have a trip to Virginia Beach planned for mid-October, so if this is enacted, it will be another trip ruined. We are both having cabin fever bad. I guess the positive is that we don't need to buy new clothes if there is no where to go except to pick up groceries and to doctor appointments.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so carefully.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG. 4)

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat 

What a lovely urn, may I ask where you got it?

So very sorry for your loss of Midnight.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone !

KomKat--That urn is beautiful!!! I hope it brings you some comfort as your heart heals. Glad to hear that your appointments went well. It's always such a relief when you trun the corner on PT. 

Today I was hoping to get some grocery shopping accomplished. The weather prediction has been revised to severe storms so I might rethink the groceries. I do have bills to pay and some misc. paperwork to tackle. Of course, I'm behind on some dusting but I might try fixing the garden fencing before the storm arrives.

The sewer guys have moved to the bottom of the hill this week. There's our tax $ at work which is always a good thing. 

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom I worked with Leavitt Pet Cremation Servces, in Parkersburg, WV. They did this successfully as part of the regular funeral home, but then established a separate facility which is staffed daily, with special  hours available after hours.

They have a variety of urns availabie or very special urns can be ordered via a catalog. The price varies according to urn and size of urn, with size of urn based upon weight of pet. They cremate the pet by itself and do not use dividers like some do to cremate more than one pet at a time.

The urn is returned to you with ashes sealed inside, along with a certificate stating time of cremation and identification number, as well as a folder containing info on the grief process with pets. They handled the cremation of my other cat in 2003 when they first began offering the service through their funeral home. I was so impressed that I returned tp them.

@Fressa  Thank you for the comments. It is funny but I'll miss the physical therapy appointments, as they were helpful but also broke up the routine of an area in which there is little to do. Sorry the weather is causing you to rethink the grocery shopping, but it is good to be flexible and do other things.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  That is a lovely urn you have for Midnight.  Glad your doctor visit went well yesterday, and I hope PT goes well today.  My DGD had her first PT session today (for her vertigo). 

Hope the infection rate in your State continues to go down, and you and your niece are able to take your trip in October.  Arizona is doing better, but still in the "red zone" with a positive rate of over 12 percent.  A lot of the cases are in the Phoenix area, which makes sense because that is the largest population center in the State, but the Tucson area (second highest) is doing better -- less than 10 percent positive and in the "orange zone" compared the the red.  

Hi Fressa.  Hope the storms are not too bad in your area.  Glad the sewer guys have moved on and are taking care of your neighbors.

Nothing exciting going on here.  We had a small amount of rain yesterday afternoon, which was very good.  It helped bring down the temperatures.  They are predicting a high of 102 today, but it was pretty nice on my walk this morning.

I heard from my ex BIL that David is pretty much bedridden, and sleeps much of the time.  Very sad situation, but I'm happy his brother, sister-in-law, Dad, and hospice are there for him.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for the comments. Midnight was my buddy so this was a day I always dreaded.  So far I am doing better than I expected. I have moments when I start to get emotional but those are at private times when I think of events. Physical therapy went well; I believe I will "graduate" on Thursday.   I do hope your DGD does well today with her session; the first sessions sometimes are not pleasant.

I've been relaxing this afternoon. I'm getting some things ready to find a home in the trash, with others in good shape destined for dofnation. I am not overdoing myself, however. I returned an IM top I got as a LTS. It fit perfectly until it hit the hips. I'm just a little too hippy to wear long close fitting tops. I thought about keeping it for home but I didn't love it out of the crumpled bag so back it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

The day I took Midnight to the vet, I received a month's supply of cat food from Amazon. I just contacted them to send it back doing the refund process. I was notified that I did not need to send it back but I would receive a credit. I just checked and it has already been credited to be used on a future purchase. I will donate the food.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, that's a beautiful urn in remembrance of Midnight.  I just said  to my DH  that going to the Eye Dr., dentist & infusion were beginning to be nice outings.    It's nice to see different people.   It's a good idea to return the top that you aren't so fond of.

fressa, I am glad that your tax $$$ is being put to good use.  Last summer we had curb and gutter put in on one side of our house.  When we purchased our corner lot with curb and gutter on one side about 28 years ago,  we were told that in 10 years, we would have to have it put in on the other side  & pay for it.  People weren't happy with that decision  so now the city uses everybody's tax $$$.  We had a brief shower on Sunday night.  

Linda L, I am sorry to hear about your ex bil, but it's a good thing that he has family trying to take care of him.  I glad hoping that things are going better for your DD & DGD.  Not a fun time for them.

Bird Mama, my DH is on the mend.  Whatever bit him was a nasty little bugger.  I hope that you are on the mend too.

We have been enjoying cooler nights and low 70's by day.  We are supposed to be in the low-mid 80's by Friday and I think all of next week.  

I have been doing my walk every day and it's so nice to be out and about again.  My next dental appointment is on Thursday afternoon and I am not quite sure what he will be doing.  

This morning we headed to the grocery store,  pharmacy and Walgreens.  Couldn't wait until Thursday when we do our grocery shopping.  

Supper is leftovers.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Oh Jean @KonaKat   Midnight's urn is beautiful.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I picked up a bottle of calamine lotion this morning when I went grocery shopping.  It's as wonderful and effective as I remember it.

They didn't have any witch hazel and I thought about asking the pharmacists until I saw how young they were, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise