Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG 23)

Hi Everyone!

It's mostly cloudy with a hint of a breeze and storms on the way. It stormed all night but at least the peppers are growing.

I had to run to the bank and get some $ for the week. My migraines have been awful and I think it's the weather. I've got to pick up a prescription and some groceries the next wo days. Crossing my fingers I can manage that in one trip and avoid two.

There's construction all over the place, the bank lot, the grocery store lot. Yellow tape and large construction vehicles parked every which way. The bank only had one drive thru machine working and the others were being repaired. What a mess!

The township truck was out patching the potholes on our street erly this morning. It looks like a fast drying patch this time. I didn't hear any bits hitting the underside of the car so that's good. Hope these patches hold thru the winter.

We had the Mommy turkey and a few of her babies (they are fairly big now) nesting in the big pine trees the last few nights. Who knew they did that? Never dull around here. LOL

I did watch the Joan Rivers and D&Co this am. I was tempted by a few items but didn't order anything. I'm focused on the siding $ and the install date is the first week of September. I'll be so glad when it's done. We've been focused on some "fix up projects" but I have to get back to decluttering and donating to clear some space. 

Hope everyone has good weather for your area.

Have a nice afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG 23)

After several gloomy weather days it was so nice to rise to sunshine and blue skies this morning.  It's open window weather today, not terribly humid and a light breeze.  I think we're supposed to get rain tomorrow or the next day, I need to check the forecast.  I can't believe how much my grass has grown since I cut in on Saturday - that's what the rain will do for ya.

My sister took Monday and today off for my birthday.  We went on a 1/2 day shopping excursion yesterday.  We visited often shopped stores like Walmart and Target and less often shopped stores like Marshall/Home Goods, Ollie's and At Home.  We grabbed dinner from Burger King on the way home.

My sister came over today to celebrate my milestone.  She was more generous than I wished when it came to gifts.  We had a botana and then an enchilada dinner (carry out) from a local Mexican restaurant.  It was delicious and I'm stuffed.  She visited for about 4 hours and then went home; she has to work onsite tomorrow.

It's been a lovely day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

@Bird mama Very pleased that you celebrated well on your birthday!!

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday Bird Mama....happy you had a great day!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday, Bernie!  

So glad you and your sister spent so much time together and enjoyed shopping, eating, etc.  I know you worry about your sister spending too much, but I am sure it made her very happy to do so.  A milestone to celebrate for sure.  Glad the weather was nice.  I get periodic emails about my ancestors, and it turns out that today was one of my grandfather's birthday -- Mom's Father.  I never knew him since he died before I was born, but my Mom certainly talked about him often.

Hi Fressa -- thanks for getting us started. today.  Sorry about your migraines and all the construction hassles.  Hope you are able to get to the  groceries and prescriptions you need without too much hassle.

Waves to chessielady and all of our posters and readers.

I am feeling better and have more appetite, but still not back to "normal" just yet.  The senior lunch program was not well-attended today, but those who came were very nice.  There was a new man who is 93 years old.  And, the "greeter" was happy that someone else was older than she was -- 91.  Pretty inspirational to be around people still alive and kicking at those ages.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday Bird Mama!    Eat a piece of🍰🎂 for me.    Your day sounded awesome.   Those were milestone years for me too.  The decade before & the decade after were/are not to my liking.  

My PT session went well  this morning and we are enjoying the beautiful beach on Lake MI.  Tomorrow we are going to Door County for part of the day.

The weather is perfect.  70's for a couple more days   

Hugs to all of you. 

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Thanks @chessielady  and Marijane @Genny1 

Honored Contributor

Thanks Glenda @twinny70 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama-HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!1  Your two day celebration was wonderful!  All the favorite stores and meals. Many more!!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Fressa