Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG.13 )

Good Morning, Ladies!  Hope Jean is having a good sub day.  

It is pretty hot here, and there is an excessive heat warning for both tomorrow and Thursday,  The weather in DD's area improved enough for her deck staining to be done yesterday.  Like Jean, she had to wait for several rain-free days before it was done.  Hope she likes the results, assuming it is complete.

The grief group and my time with Jo Ann afterwards yesterday were good.  Today I have the senior lunch program and hope to get to the gym -- probably pretty late in the day since I will be getting my Prolia (osteoporosis drug) injection this afternoon.  I was able to set up an appointment with the personal trainer for next Wednesday afternoon. 

I found a pair of D&Co. pants in today's lunchtime specials at a reasonable price.  So, I went ahead and ordered them.  I have been looking for another pair of these types of casual pants to use for my morning walks.  So far, Walmart does not have any that work for me, and I decided to take a chance of these.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, AUG.13 )

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   thanks for starting the thread today.  The rain that I was hoping to get came last night.... and then some.  We had a huge front (based on weather radar) that more or less parked itself over my county for a good 2 hours.  It was coming down so hard for so long that I wasn't surprised to see some flooding in the basement after about an hour.  It's kind of hard to get rid of the water when you can see it bubbling up through the floor Woman Indifferent  All I could do was watch it and hope the rain would move on. 

Thank goodness it was rain water backup from storm drains being overwhelmed.  It could have been worse.

I worked on sweeping it from the bubbling rainwater drain into the waste water drain until about 11:30 and then I said, that's it!  I'm frustrated, tired and going to bed.

I finished up the rest of the clean up this morning and washed the floor with hot water and lots of clorox beach (to be on the safe side).

The grass, trees and shrubs look great and the robins won't have to work so hard for food so I guess it wasn't all bad Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thanks for starting the thread. I hope you enjoy the pants you got on the Lunchtime special. Also, I hope DD was able to get her deck stained.I wanted to get that Prolia shot but the insurance company said based upon the Dexa scan, I could do the one pill a week. Oh well!

Bernie--You got your rain and we did also. Sorry you had flooding in the basement. Those messes can be a real challenge.

I turned on the TV this morning to hear the weather forecast from our favorite station 120 miles away. I heard them mention our humble town. I hadn't looked out until then but it was pouring the rain. It made for a nasty travel to school for many.

I actually didn't end up subbing. Because of the rain, the school's golf team would not be going as the event was cancelled. The teacher chose to go to work. That was fine as I haven't felt the best all day.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean @KonaKat  did the orthopedic doctor give you a shot or anything that could have you feeling less than par today?  I hope you didn't pick up anything from any of the other patients.  I was reading a thread in the Wellness Forum (over the weekend) and many people feel like they are getting some kind of virus or summer cold. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hope it isn't anything serious, Jean.  Probably for the best that you didn't go to work after all.

That must have been quite a rain, Bernie.  

DD's area was getting rain today, so the deck staining will not be continued for several days.  Oh well......

A friend of mine (we have had lunch together several times), was telling me that she has several issues -- feet, etc., and has had to cut back her activities by half due to problems walking.  She is 93, so I think she is doing great all things considered.  Anyway, she said she had some luck with acupuncture.  I haven't tried it yet (sort of afraid of needles), but I will keep it in mind.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I knew it rained however I didn't know exactly how much until I just tuned into the local news.  We received between 4 and 5 inches last night. Woman Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--That certainly was a  large amount of rain in a short period of time. We would have had flash floods in some areas. I did get a cortisone shot but those usually don't bother me. As I was nearing home, I remembered the cardiologist was going to fax a lab order to the local hospital to have my clotting factors checked. I decided to get that done before I forgot it.

He actually ordered 8 different blood tests, so they took 4 vials of blood.  I rarely have a mark from a blood test but today, I have a big bruise. The pad the technician put on before topping with a bandaid was soaked with blood when I removed it late last night.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.