Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, APRIL 6)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and will get hot today. It's been warming up the last few days but thankfully the mornings are still cool. The nights are still chilly. This will probably be our last week of the roaming temps and then the warm with be here. 

I do have prescriptions to pick up. (again) Somehow they all are off schedule. I think that's from all the prefills from the Covid safeguards. It's just as well as all the prices have really increased on most of my medications. UGH!!  I finally found the info and some pricing laws were altered which resulted in increases. I'm adjusting my budgets this week to accomodate for this.

I watched the Q this morning and saw MaryBeth presenting PTR and other beauty. So enjoyable. I did enjoy Carolyn and all the fashin and D&C programs. I have my bargain finds "ready for processing" so I have my fingers crossed that everything fits. I really don't like returns. 

Birdmama--I think leftovers are the "best" espcially from a holiday meal. I like to cook. I'm learning how to scale it back a bit because the hubby doesn't like leftovers and I have a smaller freezer. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the "covid arm" reaction is less this time.

LindaLatte--Thanks for the update on Jean. I will keep her in my thoughts that her health turns around sooner than later. I also enjoy cooking tips. You just don't know what can save you some time or make some task easier. I'm a "spurtle" fan and used one of the to mix the cheese filling for the stuffed shells. It came together like you see on a cooking show. I don't know why I didn't think of this when I made the lasagne. I used it when I mixed the meatloaf instead of using the mixer or wooden spoon and was happy with the time saved. The sooner it can go in the oven the better. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, APRIL 6)

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thead. I did a double check before posting as it takes longer for me right now to to bang this laptop into compliance. 

What I posted follows but I will reflect upon yours later. Right now, I am tired.

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day wth temps at 67 degrees. This helps me to feel the best I've  felt since Mar 11 when my medcal adventure began.

I'm watching Denim & Co.but I am resistant to ordering right now. I have gone down a size from weight loss. If I had tried to lose it, I wouldn't so tis is one side benefit that is appeciated.

I am in the process of trying to add foods. What I am finding right now is that I have to eat mini meals every few hours. This doesn't exactly call for buying clothes since I do have a selection that works.

I am a PTR fan so I did order the TSV. I use it on face, neck arms and hands. My hands definitely do not look the age I will be this Friday and my face? My niece who is 6 years younger travels with me and people often guess her to be the older. She does work in a hospital with a stressful job so that contributes to her issue.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Prescriptions can be an issue.I have some that automatically renew based upon doctor's perscription. I now have two or three that once could be automatically renewed but now requiires a new prescription from the doctor. This is just one more thing to track, as a life maintaing med regardless of cost is needed. Trip planning is a pain because of this.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

KomKat--I had all of my medication on auto refill and that was working very well for the pick up and budgeting. Now, I have some prescriptions that reverted back to requiring the doctor to prescribe monthly. I find zero logic in the selection. I won't mind the multiple trips to pick up during normal times because I would just do mini grocery shopping. Since covid I do worry about being in the store often.I am allergic to the N95 masks but wear them. I know my time limit with it before I have a breathing issue. I keep hoping this will be over sooner than later or at least not require the N95 for protection. Keeping my fingers crossed for all.  

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started Fressa and Jean.  I know Jean likes the warmer weather, but I know you, Glenda, Bernie, and others prefer it cooler.  One tip from me -- probably not a great idea to visit southern Arizona without checking in advance since we have many, many hot days.  Today is cooler than it has been, and they are predicting highs in the 80's for the next several days.  That is more normal for this time of the year than the 90's we have been having.

Sorry about the prescription cost and hassle.  I know I am very fortunate not to need any regular Rx medication other than the Prolia, which I only get every six months.  I remember trying to juggle things with DH's medicines -- one time, he was charged for three months of one of his medications and only received one.  I made a huge stink about it, so it wasn't repeated, but.....

I ordered a set of spurtles after you mentioned them, Fressa, and I am enjoying them.  DH used to call me "gadget girl" since I was always trying new things like that.  Working to limit these purchases, but they sure are fun.

I do not have the N95 masks, but I have heard they can be more difficult to wear than others.  Mostly, I wear the three layer cotton masks plus the filter in the little pocket.

Glad you are feeling so much better today, Jean.  I ended up ordering the TSV since I really could use some help with all these wrinkles.  Hope it helps.

I am back from my second vaccine, and so far, so good.  The pharmacy was a bit of a mess.  They were closed until 2:00, and I had a 2:15 appointment and got there around 1:45.  The check-in for the vaccine line had already started, and grew and grew.  There were some disputes about line placement (fortunately after I had checked in).  The pharmacist waited until several people had checked in before giving the shot.  I won't be surprised if I have an adverse reaction, but hope it will be mild.

My oldest DGS and his wife took their tiny puppy (Chihuahua) to a veterinary neurologist today, and they got very bad news.  He has hydrocephalus and other health problems and is not supposed to live very long.  They are crazy about the little guy, so I'm sure they are taking it very hard.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I do hope the PTR works for you. I do know that when it came to the vaccinations, most people who had a reaction had it with the second shot and on the second day.. I slept all afternoon of the second day.