Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, APRIL 3)

Good morning, shopping friends. I have no desire to shop today; for some reason "gardening" isn't as interesting as fashion or beauty products. Speaking of beauty, at my age, nothing really does much for me but I see that Alberti and Sandra will be co-hosting a beauty show on Friday night. I like both of them very much.

I do have two packages on their way to me from the Q which should arrive about my birthday time. In addition, I have an Amazon package with a dual voltage traveling curling iron and an USB cable for my camera which should arrive late this week. Now, it is time to call it "quits" on the shopping unless a real need. The Amazon package is a real need.

It is a miserable and dark rainy day. I guess the April showers do bring May flowers but I'm not really interested in gardening at this point. At least, it is not snowing. We just got an alert that strong winds and a thunderstorm are moving into our area. It is a good time to be reading.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, APRIL 3)

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat

It's taken awhile, however my Sony stereo shelf system and related RCA cables should arrive today from Amazon.  I'm excited and hoping that everything arrives in perfect condition.

I made out the checks for the taxes that I owe the State of MI and City of Detroit and mailed them out this morning.  I asked Grayson (the pigeon), hey Grayson, you wanna come with to the Post Office? 

I took a towel with me and thought he would be content to sit in my lap.  I think the post office is around 2 miles away and on the trip back he decided he wanted to see what was going on.

He got on my right arm (around the bend at the elbow), so I extended my arm out towards the passenger seat and he perched like my co-pilot. I was wearing a coat so he had something to get a grip on.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean. Your weather sounds bad, but at least no ice or snow.  I'm not tempted by the gardening items either.  Our climate is so different than many other locations that I prefer to go to local gardening experts for most things.  And, I usually buy "tools" from Amazon.  No tools needed lately.

I am still going back and forth on my clothing purchase, I know I am making more of a deal about this than I should.  On the other hand, I am not being impulsive so that is a good thing.  I find that like you, I wear the D&Co. pink and grey top more than the blue one that I have.  Both seem to be in fine shape, but I am still considering another color.  The print is lovely, and I like the sleeves, etc.  

Hope you like your audio equipment and it arrives with no problems, Bernie.  Cute story about Grayson.

I did get a little cleaning done yesterday, but I took time out to walk in the community garden and on the path nearby.  It was warm and windy, but not too windy so I loved my excursion.  Today I have my volunteer job at the senior lunch program, and I'll be going to the gym before visiting DH.  Hopefully, he will be much more awake today.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. We are having a sunny day with highs expected to be in the low 80's.  Wonderful weather for me.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Like you, we have rainy dreary weather, and to add to it, it is supposed to get colder.  I am so over winter.  I am watching the Q now, but with no sound.  I am getting to a point I like a quiet house during the day.  I can put music on sometimes, but I just can't stand them talking over each other anymore.  I know, I sound like some old person.  

What brand curling iron did you buy, I am looking for a dual voltage flat iron for a few of our trips.  I did look up the company you used in London, they look very interesting.

Bernie - I would have loved to see you and your co-pilot today.

Linda - Hope DH is doing well today.  I am very envious of your weather.  Please send it this way.

I have some cleaning to do but sitting here is very comfortable.  I may just read a book.

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I love your story about Grayson. I'm sure he enjoyed the outing. Pets can be so enjoyable. The State is about to electronically withdraw my taxes due sometime this week.

Linda--That pink and grey top is so pretty and adaptable. I like blue but it has to be the right shade of blue. Our weather is so unpredictable the past couple of years that the maps they use for shipping plants usually results in plants being shipped too soon. Yesterday morning, it snowed but melted; today the temp is in the 50s but snow is expected again for the weekend and possibly again next week. I do hope DH is alert when you visit.

I do have some things ready for donation. I'm getting ready to fix some lunch, and then will be reading some before gettig ready for trash day tomorrow.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, no gardening tsv for me. My garden consists of 6 tomato plants along the driveway   I can run out the front door to pick them.  D & Co. is my favorite QVC line, but I need nothing right now.

Bird Mama, such a cute Grayson story.  Enjoy your sound system when it comes.

Linda L, I hope that your DH 's blister is getting better.

Between PT twice a week & my 3x a day neck exercises, I get nothing else done.

We had a nice Easter lunch with our dd & her family.  My DH had to hide the Easter eggs in the house because it was a cold windy day. Christopher never did find one of his eggs because his sibs started hiding each other's eggs & don't know where it is. My DH has looked high & low & can't find it.   My DH hid Easter baskets for the dgc & mom & dad. The rule was if you found somebody else's basket DON'T rehide it.  lol.

It is a cold windy day with drizzle.  I would rather have cold weather & ❄❄❄. We are 18" below our normal snow fall yearly amounts .   We went to the poll's this morning, had a nice breakfast out & then I went to PT.  I am doing a lot better so I am thankful.

I did lot's of house work last week while my DH vacuumed. so I am going to have lazy week.  

Christopher will be having surgery to remove the steel rod.  Although his knee healed beautifully, the rod hits the fat pad when he runs causing him pain.  Arrrrrgh.   6 more weeks of recuperation.  He wants the surgery soon because he has a summer job.

hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Aww @twinny70  I'm sorry that Christopher has to undergo another surgery.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Susan @PAlady I got the dual voltage curling iron based upon reviews at Amazon: PHOEBE Curling Iron Brush, Dual Voltage Travel 1 Inch Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Hot Hair Curler Brush.

Twinny--When you have appointments and physcal therapy, It is so difficult to get much done at home. I am so sorry that Christopher has to undergo more surgery.

I think I am beginning to get over this cold. Perhaps, I will get my energy back and feel more like doing things.