Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, APR 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm currently watching Denim & Co. I have no desire for the TSV as I prefer capris and crops. I might wear the TSV in the house but I also can wear capris and crops both inside and outside of the house. 

I saw the thread on wearing a size 00. I can't imagine anyone being that size. I knew someone several years ago who was a size 1 or 2. This person was petite in height and looked about the same weight as a child. In fact, she often had to buy the children's sizes. Of course, now we have sizes that have gradually increased the actual inches going in, or vanity sizing. I was never a size 00. I weighed 10-1/2 pounds when I was born so size has been an issue with me throughout life.

I am still doing well on not buying anything that is a "want." I hope to keep this up as I am well supplied with clothing.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, APR 16)

I like the stripe top that is shown but $40 plus s&h is a deal breaker.  Saving a lot of money!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50I also liked that top but the price made me appreciate what I already have and is in great condition. Welcome to the thread. Post whenever you can.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Like you, I will not be ordering the TSV -- for the same reason.  I don't wear shorts out of the house, and spending $30 plus for a pair of shorts (with S&H plus tax) seems unwise at best.  I already have three or four pairs of shorts, and that should be sufficient for me.  Good job in resisting "wants".  I saw on FB that you finally got some sleep last night -- good news.

Hi  == welcome to our thread.  I don't blame you a bit for the price turn-off.  I saw several interesting items, but I'm not rushing in to spend more than I want to for an item that is just a "like".

I made some coconut macaroon cookies yesterday evening, and I was a bit disappointed that several had cracked/crumbled in the oven.  They still taste good, so I will just go ahead and eat them.  Glad I wasn't making them for someone else.

My morning walk was nice -- cool, but not bad at all.  I think it is supposed to make it into the 80's day with a chance of rain tonight and cooler weather tomorrow.  Still very nice weather. 

They are having a Sonoran hot dog vendor at the senior lunch program rather than our regular lunch.  My volunteer buddy and I plan to attend, but we will probably just do some cleaning -- no salad bar, no serving.  I love those hot dogs and so does she.  They are sort of a local specialty -- lots of possible toppings, etc.

Much to my surprise, I received a thank you card and small gift card to Sprouts from hospice.  April is volunteer appreciation month, but I never anticipated receiving such a nice gift.  Usually, they have a lunch or some sort of other gathering for volunteers, including the senior lunch program volunteers.  They had a "heavy appetizer" function for the lunch program (and other) volunteers last Sunday, but I did not attend since it is crowded and was not that fun the time I went a couple of years ago.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You are making me hungry with the mentioning of the  hot dog vendor and your homemade cookies. Crumbled or not, the cookies still taste good. You also could take some and crumble on top of a yougurt parfait. It is nice that the hospice remembered you with a card and gift.

Oh, I do like that Denim & Co. Twill jacket with scallop bottom. I am a "jacketholic" so I must say no. There will be another jacket or same jacket at another time.

Honored Contributor

Since we were talking about jogging the other day, I thought I would post this meme that popped up in my facebook newsfeed.  I laughed, a whole lot, when I saw it.

Image result for jogging and proverbs meme

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I can't even remember if 00 was a size when I was younger.  I remember little girls clothes ran up to and including a size 14 which I think I hit in 7th grade or 8th grade.  I can't remember that far back.  I know I was a skinny kid to the point my Ma wouldn't let me go toboganning because she said I would break a bone.

I'm not sure my skeleton would fit in an 00 size.  Smiley Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

My Sydnie wears a 00....she is 5 ‘6 and weighs about 95 pounds. She has the perfect figure for modeling and is not super thin but rather very slender. I was not a00 when I was born, but trust me it is a real size. 

Sounds as as if you are over your jet lag, Jean.

it is gorgeous here. About 75 today but it will be close to 100 by the Ed of the week.

i have been good about not buying..

jjill is always a temptation, however.

(((Hugs)) to all. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, I liked the knit D. & Co. shorts, but not the $$.  I don't wear regular denim anything when it's in the 70's because I get too hot.  Last year I bought two pairs of light denim shorts in white and indigo from Juicy Couture at kohl's & I will wear them often starting in May.  Good job at not buying what you don't need.  You were a good sized baby.  We were 4# 11 oz. & 4# 13 oz.--6 weeks early though.  

kaydee50, welcome to our nice forum.  I am with you on the prices and then the shpg & tax.  

Linda L, sorry that your cookies fell apart, but they will still be good.  It was nice on my late morning walk with a pair of capris & a short sleeved top.  It's sunny and in the mid 60's.  The hot dog vendor lunch sounds good to me.  Getting a thank you note & I little gift was nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, cute meme.  I am not a runner either.  I was short and little & we wore the same size as our age.  12 years old=size 12.  When we got to jr high school and hs we wore petite everything. I still do.  We didn't want to wear a size 14.

Sydsgma, our dgd is 14 years old and wears a size 00 too.  She is 5' 2" & maybe 90#.  It's a beautiful sunny upper 60's day here in S.  WI.  We are supposed to have a few rainy days starting tomorrow.  Then a  nice weekend.

Yesterday was a fun day.  Since it was such a nice day we went away for the day & had fun just getting away from home.  We went to kohl's and used our 30% off coupon.  Just a few necessities for both of us.  I tried on at least 15 different things & didn't like any of them.  I will be shopping my own closet for Easter Sunday.  I am so sick of horizontal stripes, large floral prints, high low hems & ruffled sleeves.  

My DH picked up our dgs prom pictures.  They are beautiful.  His grey suit and her beautiful long light blue gown with a very subtle print was stunning.  Sleeveless & a round neckline.  Their flowers were yellow roses with light blue ribbons.  I have them in a frame already.

My DH is outside doing some yardwork.  It's supposed to be raining off and on for a couple of days and he has his stress test on Thursday afternoon.  I think that he knows enough not to over do it.

I need to clean house when it's raining.  On Sunday, we had snow flakes.

I was tired yesterday after shopping, so I am going to have a lazy afternoon.  It's nice to have the windows open and the front door too.  

Tomorrow we are going to fill the Easter eggs for our Easter egg hunt on Sunday.  We are putting money in some of them & candy in the rest.  I might have to buy a few more things.  We have everything that we need for the 5 baskets.  I make them all different.  Our dd likes Cadbury eggs, Drew has braces so his is tricky etc.

Marijane, my DH said that he will be watching your Yank's on Wednesday.

Hugs to all of you.