Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (TUESDAY, 9/30)

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom's eyes twinny. I'll be praying for you and your family. Sounds like you have been through a lot these past few days.

I have only been going to a dermatologist for a routine check-up for the past six or seven years Kathleen. This was a tiny red spot, and I didn't notice it. But, I don't regularly check out every little spot.

It is very difficult to get men to go to a dermatologist -- I have a lot of experience in this area. But, maybe you can talk your DH into it someday. You might need to go first and let him know the doctor is okay.

Trusted Contributor

To get our new garage floor, they must jack hammer out the old cement floor and pour a new one. We are cleaning out the garage now, oh what fun.

Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Good evening, everyone! I just returned from the city over an hour away. The visit to the DMV went smoothly as I knew what documentation they needed for the Read ID or "Federal" license. From the time I walked in to the time I walked out, it was only 30 minutes and that included paperwork processing for the Real ID plus a back up secondary ID, the "lovely" pictures and fingerprinting, and temporary license until I get the "Federal" license.

From there, I went to Walmart where I spent a couple of hours picking up some necessities and just window shopping for ideas for future purchases. It was then time to meet my friend at the Outback where we spent a couple of hours talking. I behaved myself and had the grilled tilapia with steamed veggies.

Kathleen--Enjoy your new jeans. As far as getting rid of items, it can be a challenge. I know the Chicago airport well. The flight I will be boarding for the flight to Honolulu is a 777 which carries around 350 people. They will start boarding shortly after we land from the other flight. It is a fast walk from where I usually land over to Concourse B where the HNL non-stop flight usually departs. They definitely will be in the process of boarding when I get there.

Linda--I have had two skin cancers removed and one which was starting to change and grow down through the lower levels of the skin. I have a nice scar on my arm where that was removed. Changes in the skin should never be ignored regardless of how little sun exposure we think we have had.

Twinny--I think I might like that watch much better if it were a more intense pink. I have a tendency to like deeper colors. I'm sorry about your mother. This is a constant concern. Accidents can happen so quickly to the best of us, and being alone when it happens can make a difference in how long it takes to get help, etc.

Susan--I'm not really sorry about the flight change for late April. I've been getting tired of getting up at 3am so I can get ready and drive to the airport and be there an hour in advance. This will give me some time to sleep more. I can likely sleep to 4am to 4:30am.

Arlene--I think the WalMart Beauty Box is a seasonal one but once a month would still be good. While in WalMart today, I checked the price of one of the full-sized items. It definitely a good buy. The amazing thing is that I can use all the items in that box I received.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Twinny: Oh my goodness--hugs for you and prayers for you dear Mom.

Esteemed Contributor

This is definitely going to be a very trying evening. I went over to mom's at 3:00 to give her the eye drops & she was sleeping so hard that it kind of scared me. It also alarmed me that she was in her bed & not the recliner where we left her. I usually take DH over with me but he was mowing the lawn & I had to do a search for her. We both went over at 5:00 this evening & she was still sound asleep. She takes insulin at Breakfast time & Dinner time so that was necessary tonight too. I did make chili for supper & took her some with crackers & a nice bowl of fruit. She seems to want to stay at her place tonight, so DH & I may have to stay there as I don't want to leave her alone all night. She needs eye drops every two hours until 11:00 tonight. None in the night thank goodness. Then we start the every 2 hour drops at 7:00 tomorrow morning. She will need breakfast before 9:00 as DH & I both have dental appts. at 9:30.

It was so nice to be able to stay with our DD & her family Sunday & Monday nights. The DGC were off from school yesterday so we took the boys for lunch. Our DGD was bike riding with a BF so they had lunch at home. Just being able to take a two hour nap without doing drops was a real blessing for me. Plus DD has the nursing skills that I don't & could help my mom fill her insulin syringe. I hate needles so that job is not for me even though DH & I are diabetics & just take Metformin. DD was very busy as she made about 25 pounds of sugar scrub Sunday night & sent about 80 bottles out the next day. They need to sit overnight so she was glad that we could play with the GC. Her house always smells so lovely as it always smells sweet.